Marketing Day: Addressable TV & OLV, Holiday Retailer launch & Google Analytics news
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on July 18, 2017 at 4:00 pm | Reading time: 4 minutes
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Identifying top analytics talent in a competitive environment
Jul 18, 2017 by Nick Iyengar
Are you searching for the right candidate to fill a marketing analytics role? Columnist Nick Iyengar says you shouldn’t focus on what they know about the tools, but instead take a look at their soft skills.
- What marketers need to know about addressable TV and OLV
Jul 18, 2017 by Justin Freid
As the population ages, the folks with the spending power are more likely to watch TV in non-traditional ways. Contributor Justin Freid explains how marketers can tap into this audience with online video and addressable TV.
- Winter is coming for retailers, so it’s a good thing we’re launching the Holiday Retailer
Jul 18, 2017 by Pamela Parker
The ecommerce environment is more challenging — and rewarding — than ever. Stay on top of all the latest developments with Marketing Land’s annual coverage.
- Three ways local businesses can survive the on-demand threat
Jul 18, 2017 by Adam Dorfman
How worried should brick-and-mortar businesses be about companies like Amazon? Columnist Adam Dorfman weighs in with some thoughts on how local players can stay competitive.
- Google Analytics rolling out ‘ask a question’ to get answers instantaneously
Jul 18, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
With natural language, users can quickly get data without having to dig for it from both desktop and Google Analytics’ mobile apps.
- How to use SEO data in your social media strategy
Jul 18, 2017 by Jordan Kasteler
If you want a strong social media strategy, you simply can’t ignore SEO. Columnist Jordan Kasteler discusses how social and SEO work hand-in-hand.
- To understand customers, first you need to understand their Device Graphs
Jul 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
Cross-device identity has become an essential foundation for ad and marketing targeting.
- Three ways you’re wasting money on your marketing automation
Jul 17, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
As a marketing agency, Foxtail Marketing, has gained unique insights into some of the tools and marketing practices that you really can’t get as a single company unit. They’ve worked with clients operating in almost every marketing automation platform.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Connecting Marketing Metrics to What Leadership Really Cares About, MarTech Advisor
- How to Monitor Social Media Analytics with WordPress, WPExplorer
- Amazon cozies up to video publishers with marketing and tech support – and cash, Digiday
- Google Fiber Loses Chief Executive Officer After Five Months, Bloomberg
- Google introduces Hire, a new recruiting app that integrates with G Suite , The Official Google Blog
- 35+ Experts Tell You How to Create Quality Content, Content Marketing Institute
- The Biggest Trend in Content Marketing Right Now, Contently
- The Ultimate Guide to Content Marketing Channels: Social Networks, CMS Wire
- Why retailers are going all in on subscription services, Retail Dive
- 10 Marketplaces to Buy and Sell Ecommerce Sites, Practical Ecommerce
- The 5 Elements Every e-Commerce Website Needs to Attract New Customers, Social Media Explorer
- 119 Stats, Facts, and Figures About Email Marketing, MarketingProfs
- Email Expectations vs. Reality: Are You Letting Your Customers Down?, Multichannel Merchant
- How to Write a Welcome Email, AWeber Communications
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing Your Next B2B Digital Marketing Agency, MarketingProfs
- 15 Slack Apps to Make You a More Productive Marketer, The AdStage Blog
- 4 (more) ways to prep your Q4 marketing campaigns in July, 3Q Digital
Internet Marketing Industry
- Forrester: 5.5B mobile users globally by 2022, Retail Dive
- Study: Retailers make mobile strategies top priority for back-to-school season, Mobile Marketer
- 4 Top Brands & Influencers Market With Instagram Stories, MediaKix
- LinkedIn’s new Windows 10 app brings invite notifications straight to your PC, The Verge
- Your Facebook Ads Are Working – Here’s How To Prove It, PPC Hero
- ‘We don’t want to throw noodles against the wall’: Axios sees video as a complement, not focus, Digiday
- 3 Ways to Generate Leads Using YouTube, Social Media Examiner
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.