Help Wanted: We’re Hiring A Social Media Reporter
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position on our editorial team!
If you have journalism experience, love to write and are familiar with the social media marketing landscape, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
Third Door Media is accepting applications for a Social Media Reporter position, which is described in more detail below.
This is a full-time, salaried, telecommuting position. (You’ll be able and expected to work from your home office.) The successful candidate will understand that news happens around the clock; i.e., this is not always a 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday position. Applicants must have US work rights/privileges. Instructions for applying are included after the job listing.
Social Media Reporter
The Social Media Reporter is a member of the Third Door Media editorial team who researches and writes original news stories for Marketing Land and Search Engine Land. This person should be extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of social media marketing, both organic and paid, and be familiar with the range of social networks and tools that brands and marketers use to connect with customers and potential customers. This position reports to the Editor-In-Chief.
Primary Job Duties:
- Research and write news stories and/or features as assigned by the Editor-In-Chief and News Editor(s). These will primarily be on social media marketing, but may include other topics as needed and able.
- Participate in daily discussions with the editorial team regarding story assignments.
- Participate in weekly discussions with the editorial team regarding story ideas and development.
- Promote stories to the interactive marketing community through social channels.
- When available, travel to events to conduct interviews, research and/or writing assignments.
- Remain up-to-date and informed on news, information and trends related to social media marketing specifically, and online marketing in general.
- Any additional tasks deemed appropriate by the Editor-In-Chief.
Skills And Experience:
- Journalism/Communication background preferred.
- Working knowledge of online marketing terminology and trends; social media marketing, specifically.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML skills.
- Graphics/image editing skills a plus (but not required).
Job Details And Candidate Information: This position is a full-time telecommute opportunity. Some travel may be required. Candidates should be able to work independently and be productive from a home office. Experience in online marketing and social media skills highly desired. Salary depends on experience. Third Door Media offers full-time employees a 401(k) program and a generous paid time off policy.
How To Apply
We’ll accept applications from qualified candidates via email. You can be formal and send a resumé and cover letter if you want, or you can take the more casual route and just tell us what you think we should know about you. Either way, we’d like to know:
- Who you are and what you’re doing now.
- Your background in journalism (if any).
- Your background in writing (and samples, please).
- Why you think the position is a great fit for you.
- Why you think you’re a great fit for us.
- And so on.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and be sure to put the name of the position (“Social Media Reporter”) as the subject of your email. We’re not going to set a specific deadline for this, but we do want to bring a great reporter on board as soon as possible. So, if you’re interested, don’t delay. We look forward to hearing from you!
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.