Top 10 YouTube ads in April: Apple owns nearly half the list with 15.6M total views
Spots for Apple TV, iPhone 6 and a heartfelt PSA from the brand in support of Autism Awareness month all made last month's ad leaderboard.
Apple dominated YouTube’s April ad leaderboard, winning four of the top 10 spots and a combined 15.6 million video views.
The brand captured the No. 2, No. 4, No. 5 and No. 9 spots, with ads for Apple TV, the iPhone 6 and a heartfelt “Dillan’s Voice” PSA to support Autism Awareness month. According to YouTube, Apple and Clash of Clans are the only two brands to score four spots on the leaderboard in a single month.
Another impressive brand appearance was Gatorade’s “Dear Peyton” ad honoring recently retired NFL pro Peyton Manning. Released on April 28, the spot broke into last month’s leaderboard at No. 8, earning three million views in only three days’ time.
With 37.8 million combined views, YouTube’s top 10 ads in April accounted for 42.8 million minutes of watch time.
Top 10 YouTube Ads in April
1. Nike: “Conductor” (6.5M views)
2. Apple TV: “Father Time” (5.3M views)
3. FIA Formula E Championship: “Leap Of Faith: Damien Walters Backflip Over Speeding Formula E Car” (5M views)
4. Apple: “Dillan’s Voice” (4M views)
5. Apple: “iPhone 6s – Onions” (3.9M views)
6. Zapata Racing: “Flyboard Air Test 1” (3.7M views)
7. LG Mobile Global: “LG G5 : Jason Statham Commercial” (3.2M views)
8. Gatorade: “Dear Peyton” (3M views)
9. Apple: “iPhone 6s – Timer – Behind The Scenes” (2.4M views)
10. Organic Valley: “Organic Balance: Real Morning Report” (780K views)
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.