Salesforce’s Datorama brings no-code approach to data
The new features are expected to help marketers create consistencies across their data for better analysis and data visualization.
Salesforce has announced two new Datorama analytics features that are expected to help marketers bring their data preparation, analysis and visualization to new levels with a no-code approach to data. The new tools, Harmonization Center and Data Canvas, will help marketers cleanse, classify and enrich data for improved analytics and provides a platform for creating interactive dashboards for better insights. Both features are now generally available. Datorama is a part of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Why we should care
The Harmonization Center is a no-code feature that will allow marketers to create consistent brand taxonomies across their siloed data sources. The no-code approach will make data harmonization more achievable for marketers without having to rely on additional technical resources. The Harmonization Center will also allow marketers to validate their data before importing it to Data Canvas to visualize it.
Data Canvas allows marketers to create dashboards to analyze, visualize and present data without needing technical or design skills.
“In order to support our diverse customer base across multiple product lines, we leverage numerous marketing platforms, all of which generate data in various forms, said Brenna Comacchio, marketing science and insights at Autodesk. “Datorama helps us democratize data across this robust marketing ecosystem and compare the success of our efforts across a multitude of marketing channels. We can centralize data across siloed environments, visualize it to uncover actionable insights, and easily share it across the organization.”
More on the news
Salesforce Datorama’s Harmonization Center includes:
- Data classification: Marketers can standardize their data with preferred taxonomy. Additionally, marketers enrich their data by assigning a new list of classifications to a data set. Marketers can upload a list of attributes such as country, offer and audience and map each attribute to their campaign data.
- Naming convention patterns: Enables marketers to standardize their data by detecting patterns within data to ensure consistent and accurate naming conventions.
- Data hygiene score: Provides marketers with a score of how consistent and cleansed their data is.
Data Canvas allows marketers are able to access a full suite of design editing tools, a library of visualizations, unique themes. Other features include:
- Datorama Marketplace integration: The Datorama Marketplace allows developers to create apps for marketers. This gives marketers access to different integrated apps for presenting and visualizing data.
- AI-Powered Visualization Recommendations: Marketers will receive AI-powered visualization recommendations based on the data they are using. Datorama will suggest dashboards that will best visualize a marketer’s data set, showcasing the right levels of granularity, segmentation and exploration, such as specific date and time ranges, geos and products.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.