YouTube Creators Get Preview Of New Features, Including 3D Videos & Studio App Updates
Without offering any specific release dates, YouTube says new features will roll-out over the course of this year.
YouTube offered creators a preview of what’s to come yesterday, listing a number of new features and updates scheduled to launch throughout the year.
Here’s a quick list of what’s in the works:
- New ranking system for comments to eliminate junk comments. (This update appears already to be in effect as YouTube reports the number of dislikes on comments has dropped more than 30 percent across the platform.)
- Subscriber notification option that allows users to sign up for mobile and email notifications.
- Additon of 3D videos, YouTube Gaming app, and a YouTube Creator Community.
- YouTube mobile app update, allowing for easier access to Subscriptions Feed.
- Updates to the Creator Studio app, including: channel insights, notifications, ability to update thumbnails and enable or disable monetization.
- New cards, including a Channel card that will allow creators to link their videos to other channels.
According to the announcement, the new ranking system for comments has already happened, while other updates will be released throughout the rest of 2015. YouTube says some will roll-out as early as the coming weeks, but didn’t give any specific dates.
YouTube also shared the following video outlining its newest features: