Turkish Airlines Takes No. 1 Spot On YouTube’s Top 10 Ads Of The Year List
YouTube has released its top ten “Cannes to Cannes” video ads, ranking the most popular global video ads between March 1 of last year through April 30 of this year. Based on the number of views and percentage of organic views versus paid views, Turkish Airlines took the No. 1 spot with its ad featuring […]
Based on the number of views and percentage of organic views versus paid views, Turkish Airlines took the No. 1 spot with its ad featuring NBA star Kobe Bryant in a “selfie shootout” against professional Argentine football player Lionel Messi.
Turkish Airlines interactive marketing manager Neşet Dereli told YouTube, “The competition between two superstars and a script revolving around the popular concept of travel selfies proved to be the perfect recipe for engaging our audience.”
According to YouTube, each ad ran, at least, one-minute in length, with average view duration times lasting nearly 90-seconds. Combined, the top ten ads represented a total 620 million views, and 924 million minutes watched.
“Everyone is talking about ads as content, but the winners of the annual Cannes YouTube Ads Leaderboard are doing it,” said YouTube’s managing director of ads marketplace, “The focus of the winning ads ranges from sport to love to epic stunts, but all show deep authenticity and audience engagement.”
YouTube’s Top Ten Cannes to Cannes Ads:
1. Turkish Airlines “Kobe vs. Messi: The Selfie Shootout” (137,471,078 views)
2. YouTube “Rewind: What does 2013 Say?” (96,471,511 views)
3. Wren “First Kiss” (81,368,844 views)
4. Volvo Trucks “Epic Split featuring Jean Claude Van Damme” (72,237,774 views)
5. Budweiser “Puppy Love Super Bowl Ad” (50,345,059 views)
6. Nike Football “Winner Stays featuring Cristiano Ronaldo” (55,793,260 views)
7. Pantene Philippines “Labels Against Women” (46,182,948 views)
8. Google “Google Zeitgeist: Here’s to 2013” (31,356,432 views)
9. Save the Children UK “Most Shocking Second-A-Day Video” (30,206,406 views)
10. Cornetto Turkey “Yalın – Keyfi Yolunda, Aşkı Sonunda” (29,829,294 views)
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.