Marketing Land’s Top News Stories Of 2013: New Devices, Hashtag Bowl, Google Reader & More
Another calendar year is almost in the books, and here on Marketing Land it’s been a year of dramatic growth. All of the metrics that matter to us were up in the neighborhood of 75-100 percent for the year! We’re thankful to all of our readers for making 2013 such a big year. Before we […]
Another calendar year is almost in the books, and here on Marketing Land it’s been a year of dramatic growth. All of the metrics that matter to us were up in the neighborhood of 75-100 percent for the year! We’re thankful to all of our readers for making 2013 such a big year.
Before we close the books on 2013, the editorial team that brings you daily news and features on Marketing Land and Search Engine Land will be looking back at the most popular content we published during these past 12 months.
Over the next week couple weeks, we’ll reveal our most popular columns (overall, and broken down by topic) and our most shared stories on the main social networks.
But we’ll begin today with a look back at the most popular news items of 2013.
Marketing Land’s Most Popular News Stories Of 2013
This list includes news stories published through December 18th.
- Compared: What You Can Watch On Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku & Xbox (July 26, by Danny Sullivan)
- The #Hashtag Bowl, Game Over: Twitter Mentioned In 50% Of Super Bowl Commercials, Facebook Only 8%, Google+ Shut Out (February 3, by Matt McGee)
- 12 Google Reader Alternatives (March 13, by Matt McGee)
- How To Get The New Facebook News Feed (March 7, by Danny Sullivan)
- Samsung Launches The Galaxy S4 (March 14, by Danny Sullivan)
- Microsoft Attacks Gmail Over Privacy In Latest “Scroogled” Campaign (February 6, by Danny Sullivan)
- Yahoo #1 Web Property Again In US, First Time Since May 2011 (August 21, by Greg Sterling)
- EdgeRank Is Dead: Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm Now Has Close To 100K Weight Factors (August 16, by Matt McGee)
- New Gmail Inbox Features Ads That Look Like Emails, Above Promotional Email Subscriptions (July 19, by Ginny Marvin)
- Google To Close Google Reader On July 1 (March 13, by Danny Sullivan)
There’s real variety in the most popular stories of the year, reflecting the wide range of content that we cover for online marketers here on Marketing Land. There’s always interest in the latest tech news, especially in light of how new devices impact the way consumers interact with content online. And content seems to be the big theme overall in those stories — from the death of Google Reader to Facebook News Feed changes and the new Gmail inbox, it was a year of adapting to how we produce, consume and market content.
We’ve also compiled a similar list on our sister site, Search Engine Land: Search Engine Land’s Top News Stories Of 2013: Hummingbirds, Penguins, Pandas & More.
On behalf of the Marketing Land editorial team, thanks for reading us during 2013. Happy holidays to you and best wishes for 2014!
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.