MarTech Today: Walmart’s Big Payoff, “Minority Report” Potential & An App-Focused Search Engine
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Here’s The Big Payoff Walmart Gets From Its New Mobile Payment System Dec 28, 2015 by Barry Levine Without the costs of a loyalty program, Walmart lands the contact info and purchase […]
Barry Levine on December 29, 2015 at 9:00 am | Reading time: 3 minutes
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Here’s The Big Payoff Walmart Gets From Its New Mobile Payment System
Dec 28, 2015 by Barry Levine
Without the costs of a loyalty program, Walmart lands the contact info and purchase history of its participating customers.
- On-Page Elements Rule: Top Design, User Experience & Conversions Columns Of 2015
Dec 28, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The fundamentals of user experience, landing page optimization and buyer psychology will always be in style, though the details of how to achieve your goals may differ from year to year.
- The Pressure’s On: Data’s Impact On Brand Partnerships In 2016
Dec 28, 2015 by James Green
What will the evolution of data and marketing intelligence mean for brand partners in 2016? Columnist James Green offers some insights on what you can expect.
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Programmatic Ad Buying?
Dec 28, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Over half of display ads are now being bought programmatically in the US, but ad tech seems bent on making it hard to explain. Here’s a look at what programmatic is and why it’s growing in clear terms.
- Getting Technical: The 10 Most Popular Marketing Technology Columns In 2015
Dec 24, 2015 by Pamela Parker
Digital marketers in 2015 grappled with making the right marketing technology decisions, and our top Marketing Technology columnists helped them all along the way.
- Digging Into Data: Our Top Analytics & Marketing Columns For 2015
Dec 24, 2015 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
Want to learn more about how analytics can strengthen your marketing strategy? Take a look at the analytics and marketing columns our readers were most interested in this year.
- Gimbal And NanoLumens Bring “Minority Report” Potential To Digital Out-Of-Home
Dec 23, 2015 by Greg Sterling
A recently announced partnership between beacon-maker Gimbal and digital signage provider NanoLumens brings “Minority Report”-style personalized advertising closer to reality. In the 2002 film, the character portrayed by Tom Cruise walks through a shopping mall where all of the digital signage is personalized, mentioning him by name. Minority Report is a dystopian vision of the […]
- Marketing Tech Evolves Beyond Automation — And Toward Intuition
Dec 23, 2015 by Barry Levine
Increasingly smart platforms are providing tools that make marketing as much about anticipating demand as generating it.
- Relcy Founder Satapathy Says He Has Built A Better Mobile Search Engine
Dec 24, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The founder of mobile search app Relcy, Rohit Satapathy, believes he has built a better mobile search engine. His focus is less on mobile web content, though that’s there, than “apps and actions.” Satapathy and his team for the past two years have been constructing what he says is a superior knowledge graph and an […]
From Around The Web:
- Teaching Google to Sell ‘Cloud’ to Companies, Wall Street Journal
- This is Google Glass: Enterprise Edition in the flesh [Gallery], 9to5google.com
- Case Study: How Switching Tools Increased Email Reply Rates by 187% in 1 Month, Moz
- What We Learned in 2015: Your Favorite Experts Share, bruceclay.com
New on MarTech