MarTech Today: TV meets the internet, cloud-enabled business advisors & more
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, MarTech and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: Television meets internet in emerging new ATSC 3.0 standard Mar 10, 2017 by Barry Levine If popular, this next-gen TV could mean addressable viewers, interactivity, coupons delivered with programs and […]
Amy Gesenhues on March 13, 2017 at 9:00 am | Reading time: 4 minutes
From MarTech Today:
- Television meets internet in emerging new ATSC 3.0 standard
Mar 10, 2017 by Barry Levine
If popular, this next-gen TV could mean addressable viewers, interactivity, coupons delivered with programs and true cross-channel campaigns.
- The case for a cloud-enabled business advisor
Mar 10, 2017 by MarTech Today
Vote for this entry in the 2017 Hackie Awards by sharing it on Facebook, Linkedin or Twitter by May 1.
- Cutting-edge martech? 65% of brands have no plans to invest this year
Mar 10, 2017 by Matt McGee
In a new survey, marketers say technologies like virtual reality and machine learning will have a huge impact in coming years, but they don’t plan to invest in them just yet.
From Marketing Land:
- Should PPC agencies be scared of automation?
Mar 10, 2017 by Anna Shirley
Paid search professionals might be nervous about losing their jobs to automation, but columnist Anna Shirley makes the case that PPC automation may actually benefit them.
- Making complementary media strategies work: The recipe for cross-channel attribution
Mar 10, 2017 by Kevin O’Reilly
Your marketing efforts across various channels will have a greater impact when they are aligned with one another, and columnist Kevin O’Reilly discusses how attribution is the key to achieving this alignment.
- Mobile page speed is important, but not (yet) for SEO
Mar 10, 2017 by Bryson Meunier
Columnist Bryson Meunier suggests that mobile page speed, while good for conversions and customer retention, might not be doing much for your mobile search rankings.
- 10 ways to improve your business locators
Mar 10, 2017 by Adam Dorfman
Multilocation businesses often have store locators, but many aren’t making the most of them. Columnist Adam Dorfman suggests ways to optimize your locator to provide a better user experience and increase conversions.
- How JamesAllen.com marries email & remarketing to win over brides & grooms
Mar 10, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The ecommerce jewelry site’s CMO says both are pivotal to her brand’s marketing strategy.
- Facebook will let publishers show more ads in Instant Articles
Mar 10, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook is giving more flexibility to publishers within its Instant Articles feature, allowing extra manual and automated monetization methods.
- 10 easy steps to help your business flourish on Facebook
Mar 10, 2017 by Will Scott
Whether your business is new to Facebook marketing or just in need of a refresh, columnist Will Scott’s Facebook tips will help you build a vibrant and engaged Facebook presence.
- Still not sold on native advertising? 3 benefits you should know about.
Mar 10, 2017 by Steve Olenski
Contributor Steve Olenski discusses the advantages of native ads and offers examples of companies doing it right.
- How to fight against online ad fraud (in 6 steps)
Mar 10, 2017 by Grace Kaye
In the era of fake news and ad misplacement, how can marketers fight back? Columnist Grace Kaye outlines her agency’s methods to help you take action.
- Smaato launches ‘first Inventory Discovery’ feature for mobile advertisers
Mar 10, 2017 by Barry Levine
The self-service capability allows advertisers to directly assess inventory before bidding.
- Why brick-and-mortar retailers need to go digital with analytics
Mar 10, 2017 by Allan Haims
Consumers still prefer in-store experiences overall, but columnist Allan Haims believes brick-and-mortar retailers need to take a page from online retailers and learn about their customers by leveraging analytics.
- The Value of a Happy Customer: Action steps to a great customer experience
Mar 9, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
What is the real value of a great customer experience? And once you know, how do you create one? Join our experts as they provide actionable steps to create an amazing customer experience with your brand.
From Around The Web:
- 70% of retailers see the internet of things in their near future, Digital Commerce 360
- AI and Computer Vision Are Coming – What Marketers Need to Know, MarTech Advisor
- Drop it like it’s bot: Brands have cooled on chatbots, Digiday
- How to Scale Facebook Ads with Automation, PPC Hero
- The Fifth Wave Of Ad Tech: Privileged Programmatic, AdExchanger
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.