MarTech Today: Google’s RankBrain, Chute’s New Eyes & Amazon Echo Gets Smarter
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web. From Marketing Land: RankBrain: How Google Is Using Artificial Intelligence To Rank Web Pages Oct 27, 2015 by Greg Finn The days of a hand-crafted human search algorithm may soon be over. Google has announced […]
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- RankBrain: How Google Is Using Artificial Intelligence To Rank Web Pages
Oct 27, 2015 by Greg Finn
The days of a hand-crafted human search algorithm may soon be over. Google has announced RankBrain, a new artificial intelligence that is now processing a “very large fraction” of searches each day.
- UGC Platform Chute Can Now See
Oct 27, 2015 by Barry Levine
New machine vision allows brands to find logos, objects or scenes in user-generated imagery, for deployment to social accounts and conversations.
- Amazon Echo Gets Smarter With Local Business Listings From Yelp
Oct 27, 2015 by Matt McGee
Give Echo an address, and it’ll let you know what local businesses are nearby — plus their addresses, phone numbers, hours of operation and more.
- Predictive Marketing Platform AgilOne Tunes Up Its Predictions Of Customer Lifetime Value
Oct 27, 2015 by Barry Levine
Instead of estimating Lifetime Value of a customer based on past history, its new Predicted Lifetime Value estimates what she could spend if encouraged.
- FAQ: All About The New Google RankBrain Algorithm
Oct 27, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Google’s using a machine learning technology called RankBrain to help deliver its search results. Here’s what’s we know about it so far.
From Around The Web:
- EU, U.S. Agree in Principle on New Data-Transfer Pact, www.wsj.com
- Clean Up Your Conversion Tracking with the New Facebook Pixel, www.wordstream.com
- Server-Side Vs. Client-Side A/B Testing Tools: What’s The Difference?, conversionxl.com
- 21 Item Google Analytics Checklist When Changing Your Domain, www.e-nor.com
- Breaking: Judge dismisses Verisign’s lawsuit against .XYZ, domainnamewire.com
- Domain phishing: Why it’s happening & How to protect yourself, domainnamewire.com
- 86 Percent of Predictive Analytics Users Report Tangible Gains, PR Newswire
- Abakus and Tapad Partner for Cross-Device Attribution, www.prnewswire.com
- 10 social and content technology trends in 2015, www.razorsocial.com
- 5 Ideas for Connecting In-Store Data to Your Marketing Automation Platform, www.silverpop.com
- Implementation Is The Destination: Slowing Down Can Boost The Value Of Ad Tech, adexchanger.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.