MarTech Today: Facebook’s Streaming “Mentions,” Google’s Mystery Update & Bing’s Speed Test Tool
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Facebook Rolls Out Live Streaming “Mentions” Android App For Verified Users Jan 13, 2016 by Greg Finn Verified users with Android phones will now have the ability to stream live video on […]
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Rolls Out Live Streaming “Mentions” Android App For Verified Users
Jan 13, 2016 by Greg Finn
Verified users with Android phones will now have the ability to stream live video on “Mentions,” as Facebook continues its foray into live video.
- MediaBrix Brings Its Brand Of Mobile Ads To Messaging App Kik
Jan 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
New York City-based company is the latest to try its hand at user-rewarded advertising on this booming service.
- Wanted: Session Ideas For Marketing Land’s SocialPro Conference
Jan 12, 2016 by Chris Sherman
We want your input to help us plan our upcoming Marketing Land SocialPro conference (formerly known as SMX Social Media Marketing), which will be taking place in Seattle June 20–21. Specifically, we’d love to hear from you if you have an great idea for a session you think should be on the agenda.
- Obsessed with SEO and SEM? Supercharge Your Search Skills at SMX West.
Jan 12, 2016 by Marketing Land
Join us at Search Engine Land’s SMX West in San Jose March 1–3 for dynamic paid and organic search content and opportunities to make career-defining professional connections. Build your own agenda from 50+ powerful sessions led by industry giants who are redefining #Search marketing.
- SEOs Confused, Puzzled After Google’s Mystery Update
Jan 13, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Below is a summary of some of the questions, answers and additional confusion around the Google core algorithm update this weekend and the Panda news.
- Bing Adds An Internet Speed Test Tool To The Search Results
Jan 13, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Bing added a new feature to test your internet speeds. It might just work for you — Give it a try.
From Around The Web:
- Alphabet Appoints New Virtual-Reality Chief, blogs.wsj.com
- Alphabet Inc.’s Google Reports 13 Near-Miss Incidents With Self-Driving Cars, Wall Street Journal
- Apple Steps Back From Its iAd Advertising Business, www.buzzfeed.com
- Google will add more partners for self-driving cars, www.reuters.com
- 6 Benefits of Using Predictive Marketing Tools, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Internet Retailer unveils the who’s who of ecommerce technology providers, www.internetretailer.com
- New WordStream Product Makes It Easy to Succeed with Facebook Advertising, www.wordstream.com
- SparkPost Provides Email Delivery Service for Pinterest, www.sparkpost.com
- New Cannes Lions award puts martech in the limelight, venturebeat.com
- iOS 9 is now on 75% of Apple’s mobile devices, venturebeat.com
- 6 Location-based Social Media Monitoring Tools, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- The Complete Beginners Guide to Peach: What It Is, How It Works and How to Build an Audience, blog.bufferapp.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.