MarTech Today: Bitly’s Channel Tool, No “Emergency Stop” for Social & Prepping For Penguin Update
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Bitly Launches Tool For Channelizing Its Short Links Nov 17, 2015 by Barry Levine Called Bitly Campaigns, it allows marketers to create and track links across multiple channels, instead of makeshift tracking […]
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Bitly Launches Tool For Channelizing Its Short Links
Nov 17, 2015 by Barry Levine
Called Bitly Campaigns, it allows marketers to create and track links across multiple channels, instead of makeshift tracking in Excel.
- Mobile Marketer Ubimo Adds Politics As A Data Layer For Ad Targeting
Nov 17, 2015 by Barry Levine
Tel Aviv-based firm sees the political character of a precinct as being useful targeting info for a marketing, as well as a political, campaign.
- Most Social Media Management Tools Still Lack “Emergency Stop” Button For Times Of Tragedy
Nov 17, 2015 by Martin Beck
All agree that brands should stop promotional messages in the immediate aftermath of tragic events, but most management dashboards don’t have a simple way to pause posting.
- Here’s How Marketing Tech Is Different This Holiday Season
Nov 16, 2015 by Barry Levine
Three marketers tell us what new trends and tools they’re seeing in actual use this year, compared to last.
- How To Prep For The Pending Penguin Update & Ensure You’re Penalty Free In 2016
Nov 17, 2015 by Erin Everhart
The next Penguin update is coming soon, according to a Google spokesperson. Columnist Erin Everhart outlines what you can do to prepare.
- Use Google’s Search Console API & Pivot Tables To Supercharge Your Long-Tail SEO
Nov 17, 2015 by Chris Liversidge
Columnist Chris Liversidge explains how you can use the Search Analytics API to glean insights from your search query data in Google Search Console.
- Can Yahoo Gemini Succeed In Search? SEM Execs Weigh In
Nov 17, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Yahoo’s foray back into search advertising faces a mountain of challenges, from volume to functionality. Industry executives share their thoughts on Gemini’s trials, promise and future.
From Around The Web:
- Satya Nadella Delivers Microsoft State of Security Address, techcrunch.com
- 5 Tools for Display Ad Creation and Distribution, streetfightmag.com
- .pro now open to all, domainincite.com
- 4 ways e-retailers can use holiday data to boost sales year-round, www.internetretailer.com
- 5 Ecommerce Trends That Will Be Game Changers in 2016, multichannelmerchant.com
- Fraud rates on online transactions seen up during holidays: study, www.reuters.com
- Verve Hires Two Industry Experts, www.prnewswire.com
- Amobee Brand Intelligence Technology Expands Globally, www.marketwired.com
- Ensighten Launches Tag Management and Optimization Solution for Mobile Apps, www.ensighten.com
- A Marketer’s Guide To Ad Tech Consultants, adexchanger.com
- What The AI Arms Race Means For Creative Technology, techcrunch.com
- Yesterday: GIFs are great! But actually making them kinda sucks, staff.tumblr.com
- Ericsson sees video driving tenfold rise in mobile data by 2021, www.reuters.com
- Five tips for producing video content in-house, econsultancy.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.