MarTech Today: Apple’s ARKit, Hootsuite adds user reviews & a road map for personalization
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: Apple’s ARKit launches a new channel: The hidden layers of reality Sep 12, 2017 by Barry Levine With similar new tech from Google, Microsoft and Facebook, advertising and marketing now […]
Barry Levine on September 13, 2017 at 9:17 am
From MarTech Today:
- Apple’s ARKit launches a new channel: The hidden layers of reality
Sep 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
With similar new tech from Google, Microsoft and Facebook, advertising and marketing now have new dimensions.
- Hootsuite adds user reviews by integrating ReviewTrackers
Sep 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
Brands can now see and act on reviews in the social management platform’s dashboard, next to social posts.
- Maybe the marketing funnel is dead, too — and here’s what can replace it
Sep 12, 2017 by Justin Dunham
Is it time to say goodbye to the venerable marketing funnel? Not just yet. But columnist Justin Dunham believes marketers need to think about what a user is trying to accomplish, not where they are in the funnel.
- A marketing road map for personalization
Sep 12, 2017 by Nick Iyengar
Having the right tools in your martech stack is essential for personalization in marketing. But columnist Nick Iyengar says be sure you don’t overlook some non-technical factors that will improve your organization’s personalization efforts.
- Sharecare’s martech lead says technology is the least intimidating part of mining the customer data trail
Sep 12, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Donna Sammander, the director of marketing technology for Sharecare, will be a part of the ‘Tracing the Constellation: Your Customer Journey Data Trail’ panel at MarTech Boston.
From Marketing Land:
- Compare 14 marketing automation platforms
Sep 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Although email marketing continues to be a core capability for B2B marketing automation platforms, the market is rapidly evolving from an email marketing focus to integrated marketing functionality that provides multichannel data collection and storage, campaign development and execution, and ROI analysis and reporting.
- Facebook will stop displaying Instant Articles within Messenger
Sep 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Messenger added support for Instant Articles 14 months ago, but 14 months ago, Facebook’s proprietary format had fewer problems.
- Here’s your preview of what to expect next month at SMX East
Sep 12, 2017 by Marketing Land
Attending SMX is a bucket list item for many search marketers. Join us October 24-26 in New York City for three days of learning, 50+ sessions, 80+ dynamic and expert speakers, keynotes, exceptional networking and more. If you’re involved in SEO, SEM, social media marketing or other customer-facing activities, this is the conference for you.
- Amazon ‘1-Click’ patent expires today, get ready for faster web-wide checkout
Sep 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Reducing shopping cart abandonment represents billions in potential additional revenue for retailers.
From Around The Web:
- Chrome’s Plan to Distrust Symantec Certificates, Google Online Security Blog
- GDPR is coming, and many U.S. ad tech firms aren’t ready, Digiday
- Tips, Guides, and More: The Essentials of Marketing Automation, MailChimp Blog
- Why and How Retail Marketers are Riding the AI Wave, MarTech Advisor
- Taking the Pulse of the Location Data Ecosystem, Street Fight
- A Quick-Start Guide to Video Content: Become Confident on Camera in 5 Steps, Copyblogger