Marketing Day: YouTube Barely Breaks Even, Twitter’s New Conversion Tools & Google Tests Google Play App Ads
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: Each Share Is Worth $2.56 In Revenue & Average Social Orders Are 8.2% Larger
According to a new study from AddShoppers, social sharing sends an audience that spends significantly more online.
- Google Analytics Now Displaying Malware Notifications
New notifications alerting site owners of malicious software are part of wider effort to expand Google’s safe browsing efforts.
- NPD Group, Slice Intelligence Partner To Offer More Comprehensive E-Commerce Data For Retailers
Mobile, online commerce data to supplement NPD’s existing checkout tracking service.
- Report: YouTube “Roughly Break Even” Even With A Billion Users
Is YouTube profitable or not? Is it Google’s still unrealized, brand-advertising revenue opportunity, or is it a troubled property that will never truly realize its potential?
- Twitter Adds Two New Tracking Tools To Measure ROI On Ads
Twitter gives marketers who use conversion tracking the ability to measure sales driven by Promoted Tweet campaigns.
- PureClick Gains MRC Accreditation For PPC Click Measurement Metrics
Company aims to bring new level of transparency to pay-per-click advertising.
- Twenty20′s Crowd-Sourced Stock Image Service Exits Beta
Startup offers marketers looking for real-world illustrations a catalog of 45 million images sourced from a community of 250,000 photographers.
- VC Firm Predicts Marketing Technology Investments Will Climb To $120 Billion Over Next 10 Years
Foundation Capital partner Ashu Garg says CMOs will spend 10 times the current $12 billion they invest in martech and software.
- Understanding User Intent Differences Across Devices To Supercharge Your Marketing
With consumers using a plethora of devices to research and make purchases, columnist Soo Jin Oh believes getting a handle on mobile intent is crucial for marketers.
- SMX West Starts Next Tuesday; All Access Conference And Free Expo+ Passes Still Available
Search Engine Land’s SMX West conference begins next Tuesday in San Jose. Register now to reserve your spot!
- DIY Enterprise-Level Marketing Data For Every Size Business
Think big data is only for big companies? Columnist Alistair Dent demystifies the buzzwords and explains how even scrappy smaller businesses can employ cutting-edge techniques.
- Is Yahoo’s Rise In Search Market Share About To End?
Yahoo has gained against Google for the past two months. But coming months might see gains stop and losses begin due to “switchback.”
- Google Piloting App Ads In Google Play Store Search Results
Small test aimed at app discovery for a set of app marketers currently running AdWords search ads.
- TubeMogul, Dailymotion Announce Video Ad Partnership
Dailymotion and TubeMogul have announced a partnership that opens up Dailymotion’s video platform and advertising opportunities to TubeMogul software users.
- Jägermeister Instagram Campaign Reached 3.24 Million And Increased Followers By 63 Percent
How the German liqueur maker stirred up excitement and built community via social media.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Search Algorithm Adds Mobile-Friendly Factors & App Indexing To Ranking
- The Hardest AdWords Quiz You’ll Ever Take
- SMX West Starts Next Tuesday; All Access Conference and Free Expo+ Passes Still Available
- The Importance Of Search Data In Your Marketing
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 Lessons for Affiliates to Learn from the Pinterest Ban, www.amnavigator.com
- Big Data’s Role in Personalization, www.getelastic.com
- Can Data Help Boost Customer Satisfaction?, www.emarketer.com
- Four Core Metrics In-House Creative Teams Should Track, adage.com
- I Believe in Data, michele.webanalyticsdemystified.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 4 of the Best Blogger Outreach Strategies, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Do Roundup Posts Need To Be Sprayed With Weed Killer?, www.blindfiveyearold.com
- Six Crucial Attributes of a Successful Business Blog, www.marketingprofs.com
- 6 Ways To Keep Your Readers Coming Back, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 9 Lessons Content Marketers Can Learn from Traditional Journalism, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- A Content Marketer’s Guide to Not Getting Overwhelmed, www.marketingprofs.com
- B2B Content Marketing and Optimizing the Full Cycle of Buyer Experience, www.toprankblog.com
- Carlos Abler Talks Journey of Mummies, Mimes, and Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Inside the AARP’s Brilliant Baby Boomer Content Marketing Strategy, Featuring Dr. Dre, contently.com
- Why Using Customized Content is Beneficial for Your Brand, www.compukol.com
- Will Content Marketing Work For Your Business?, pushingsocial.com
- 5 Must-See Productivity Tools for Conversion Experts, blog.crazyegg.com
- What 9 Conversion Experts Learned the Hard Way (So You Don’t Have To), unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 UX Design Trends You Shouldn’t Overlook in 2015, usabilitygeek.com
- Building Experiences that Transcend Platforms, uxmag.com
- Easy (And Affordable) Ways To Make A WordPress Site Stand Out, www.wpexplorer.com
- How to Write a Title That Gets Clicks, seocopywriting.com
- Google pays $25 million for .App domain, domainnamewire.com
- Consumers demand experiential rewards from loyalty programs, econsultancy.com
- Ecommerce in Latin America: Challenges, Opportunities, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Jay Carney to Amazon, www.politico.com
- Seven reasons why retailers should have an app (and six why they shouldn’t), econsultancy.com
- Social shoppers spend 8% more than other online consumers, www.internetretailer.com
- Target’s digital sales grow more than 30% in 2014, Internet Retailer
- The growing reach of Amazon Prime, www.internetretailer.com
- 14 Email Essentials to Ensure Success, www.verticalresponse.com
- How To Grow an Email List With Subscribers Who Are Willing To Pay, www.jeffbullas.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Characteristics of Digitally Mature Companies, www.conversocial.com
- 77% of businesses plan to increase digital marketing budgets this year, econsultancy.com
- Five Ways Advanced Consumer Management Is Transforming Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- It’s All In The Mix, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- New CMO at ON24 Says Marketing and Sales Alignment is Key, adage.com
- The 8 Rules of Influencer Marketing: How to Find Influencers (& Become One Yourself), www.wordstream.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- AirPR Sells Its PR Marketplace To The CHR Group, techcrunch.com
- Disqus relaunches to turn your comments into a Reddit-like social network, www.theverge.com
- Google Play Revenue Surpasses iOS in Germany, blog.appannie.com
- Google will launch Android Pay at I/O in May, Ars Technica
- Smart-Device Shoppers Get Smart via Mobile, www.emarketer.com
- When Do People Use Mobile Apps Most?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Your New Phone May Have the Google Wallet App Pre-Installed, smallbiztrends.com
- How Social Media Shaming Leads to Careful Reputation Mangement, www.adweek.com
- Here’s how one marketing firm is tackling the Pinterest problem, GigaOM
- 10 Amazing Facts About Pinterest Marketing That Will Surprise You, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Brands Who Rocked the Social Media Red Carpet During the Oscars, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 7 Major Highlights of Dynamic Facebook Product Ads, smallbiztrends.com
- Five Critical Tips for Growing Your Social Media Fan Base, www.adweek.com
- Four Ways to Increase Social Shares for your Website Content, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How Often Should You Post to Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ and Facebook?, www.adweek.com
- How to Productively Build Your Brand On Social Media, www.thesempost.com
- Is ‘Banner Blindness’ Spreading to the Facebook News Feed?, contently.com
- Snapchat’s Discover Feature Could Be The Key To Brand Storytelling, adexchanger.com
- The Twitter And Google Deal: What, Why and How To Use It, www.koozai.com
- Update on user safety features, Twitter Blog
- 3 Tips for Coming Out on Top in the Era of Social Video, www.socialbakers.com
- How to Optimize YouTube Videos for Mobile Devices, www.reelseo.com
- YouTube: 10 Years of Struggle Between Corporate Interests and Community Value, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech