Marketing Day: Yelp’s social analytics, Facebook Pages & Amazon news
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- SEO? SEM? SMX East has you covered.
Jun 29, 2016 by Marketing Land
One thing is certain: profound changes are coming to your profession, whether you’re an SEO or SEM. This year’s SMX East agenda was created to ensure that you’d succeed in spite of the dramatic developments in organic search marketing and paid search advertising.
- 7 types of keywords to boost your SEO strategy
Jun 29, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
Wondering what kinds of keywords you should be targeting? Columnist Ryan Shelley shows how to categorize keywords using a personalized and industry-focused approach.
- Why Google is mining local business attributes
Jun 29, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
What are business attributes, and why should local businesses care? Columnist Adam Dorfman explores.
- From the Editor’s Desk: Why we publish articles you may not agree with
Jun 29, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this month’s column, Editor-In-Chief Matt McGee talks about two recent columns that readers didn’t agree with, and why we handled each situation differently.
- The what, how, who and YOU of the future of marketing
Jun 29, 2016 by Sanjay Dholakia
What do you need to know to succeed in the marketing world of tomorrow? Columnist Sanjay Dholakia shares what he learned from industry veterans at his company’s marketing summit.
- Amazon adds 50+ Dash brands, but data shows only 47% use purchased buttons
Jun 29, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
E-commerce analytics firm, Slice Intelligence, says less than half of people buying Amazon Dash Buttons are making purchases with them.
- Yelp announces expanding “Yelp Knowledge” social analytics program
Jun 29, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Yelp adds new companies that get direct access to full Yelp reviews database.
- Scaremongering in digital: Why ad blocking isn’t as dire as you think
Jun 29, 2016 by Rob Rasko
Columnist Rob Rasko believes current ad-blocking predictions aren’t accurate. He offers his take on a realistic projected industry impact.
- Facebook makes Pages’ organic reach in News Feed even more dependent on shares
Jun 29, 2016 by Tim Peterson
To stay in the friend zone, Facebook will take a harder look at whether friends are sharing a Page’s post before putting it in people’s feeds.
- Amazon finally makes it easier to find skills for Echo
Jun 29, 2016 by Matt McGee
Like an app store, Alexa’s skills are now organized by category with new search and refine features.
- Report: What marketers can learn from the biggest brands on Instagram
Jun 29, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
TrackMaven has released a report of how Fortune 500 companies are engaging with Instagram. Some of the findings may surprise you.
- Beware of shady link schemes from black-hat SEOs
Jun 28, 2016 by Tony Edward
Have you received an offer for a link that seems too good to be true? According to columnist Tony Edward, it probably is.
- The right way to get dynamic with Google AdWords
Jun 28, 2016 by Todd Saunders
Want to create more personalized, more effective search ads? Columnist Todd Saunders discusses four dynamic ad varieties and how to make them work for you.
- Is selling SEO services getting harder or are SEOs just not good at it?
Jun 28, 2016 by Myles Anderson
In light of recent survey data from BrightLocal, columnist Myles Anderson shares tips for local search marketers looking to acquire new business.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Shopping campaigns: Play like every day is a holiday
- The definitive SEO audit part 2 of 3: Content and on-site
- 5 more super-common SEO mistakes content marketers make
- AMP: Above and beyond
- Survey: Amazon beats Google as starting point for product search
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How Sentiment Analysis Helps Brands Sell, www.emarketer.com
- The Benefits Of Tracking Page Scroll Depth, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Using Analytics to Drive People-First Marketing, thedma.org
- Why Marketers Are Lagging in Their Adoption of New Analytical Tools, www.marketingprofs.com
- Amazon Building the Workplace of the Future With Biospheres, adage.com
- Google’s Alphabet just appointed a former Federal Reserve official to its board, www.recode.net
- LinkedIn Purchase Will Spark Brands into Buying Media Companies, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 2016 Native Advertising Trends, www.toprankblog.com
- Create a Data-Driven Content Strategy in 1 Day, unbounce.com
- How to Create a Lean, Mean Content Creation Machine, blog.marketo.com
- Never Sacrifice Quality Content for Speed When Publishing, smallbiztrends.com
- 25 Ideas to Boost Your Conversion Rate, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Outdated CRO Best Practices, www.goinflow.com
- 5 Steps to Recovering from Low Landing Page Conversions, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Turn Your Business Blog into a Conversion Machine with These 8 Methods, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Writing Habits You Should Develop for Better Website Content, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Solve Your Biggest WordPress Page Speed Problems, www.razorsocial.com
- The 6 Best WordPress Front End Editing Plugins, www.wpexplorer.com
- Brexit probably no big deal for UK domain owners, domainincite.com
- Survey: more people know about new gTLDs but fewer trust them, domainincite.com
- A Look at B2B Online Sales Reveals Room for Growth, www.cmswire.com
- Amazon will start subsidizing Android phones with ‘special offer’ ads on the lock screens, www.theverge.com
- eBay Launches Open for Business Podcast to Serve Entrepreneurs, smallbiztrends.com
- Four things to know about the FAA’s rules about commercial drone usage, techcrunch.com
- How effective were e-commerce marketers this spring?, www.internetretailer.com
- Lessons from 99 Retail Website Footers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Looming Canada Post Strike Would Hit SMB Ecommerce Shippers, multichannelmerchant.com
- Report: Amazon Prime Day deals pale compared to Black Friday offers, www.retaildive.com
- Seven inspiring examples of ecommerce lookbooks, econsultancy.com
- Autoresponders 101, www.verticalresponse.com
- How to Use Emojis in Your Email Campaigns, movableink.com
- US Marketers Push Personalization Most on Email, Websites, www.emarketer.com
- You can’t kill email, techcrunch.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Ways Online Marketing Offers Better ROI Than Traditional Approaches, www.searchinfluence.com
- How to Craft a B2B Online Marketing Plan, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Recognize and Use the Six Major Types of Influencers, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Powerful Moments in Marketing: Standing out With Surprise, Delight and Rewards, thedma.org
Internet Marketing Industry
- CabinetM SkillStacks’ Enables Marketers To Showcase Digital Marketing Specialization and Proficiency, www.businesswire.com
- Neustar MarketShare and Twitter Team Up to Measure Social Media’s Effectiveness on TV, www.realwire.com
- RetailJump Launches ineed App: Search Products at Local Stores, bostinno.streetwise.co
- 5 Ways to Use IT to Deliver Exceptional CX, www.cmswire.com
- Building Blocks: Sushil Kumar, CMO at Robin Systems Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Marketing Automation Can Grow Your Business And Save You Money, www.webpresence.tv
- The Poor Man’s Marketing Stack: How to Hack Marketing Automation, blog.kissmetrics.com
- What Can Machine Learning Do?, www.emarketer.com
- 8 Data Points That Marketers Need to Know About China’s Biggest Mobile Player, www.adweek.com
- An update to the AMP Roadmap to close out Q2, amphtml.wordpress.com
- Are Community Networks the Final Frontier for Local Publishers?, streetfightmag.com
- Cross Device Insights, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Digital ad spend sees fastest growth in 7 years, but marketers underestimate power of mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How mobile studios can use game influencers to overcome overcrowded app stores, venturebeat.com
- How to design a better mobile shopping experience, www.internetretailer.com
- How Yahoo’s Design Team Breathes Life into its Apps, yahoomail.tumblr.com
- Mobile: Your Personal Butler, adexchanger.com
- The 10 Most Popular iPhone Apps, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Selfie Strategy: Build Brand Loyalty Like a Kardashian, www.marketingprofs.com
- 9 Tips to Write the Best Facebook Ads Ever (with Examples), www.wordstream.com
- A Publisher’s Guide To Facebook’s News Feed Updates, www.newswhip.com
- Facebook Audience Network Block List Added to Business Manager, www.adweek.com
- Facebook reveals a redesigned Like button for websites, digiday.com
- Facebook Wins Belgian Court Appeal Over Storing Non-User Data, www.bloomberg.com
- Facebook’s political influence under a microscope, www.reuters.com
- Instagram Distinguishes Itself From Other Social Networks by Touting Product Discovery, www.adweek.com
- Instagram Marketing: How to Grow Your Community, blog.tailwindapp.com
- NetBase Report Reveals 2016 Top Global Brands Based on Social Media Conversations, www.netbase.com
- Penn State Researchers ‘Like’ What Instagram Offers Marketers, www.cmswire.com
- Snapchat is slashing its ad prices for brands, sources say, digiday.com
- The 5 Social Media Customer Service Stats You Must Know, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 3 Ways to Use Live Video for Small Businesses, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook 360 Video: Who’s Doing it Best?, www.socialbakers.com
- No brand favorites: 360-degree videos are popular on both YouTube and Facebook, digiday.com
- The Top Publisher Videos on Facebook and How They Do It, www.newswhip.com
- Twitter is putting together a team focused on VR and AR, techcrunch.com