Marketing Day: What I Wish My CMO Knew About Brand Identity, HubSpot’s IPO & More
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: HP Enlists Vine Celebrities — And Everyone Else — To Help Kevin #FindRalph Have you seen Kevin’s lost iguana? Well, if HP has its way, you’ll be seeing pleas for help […]
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- HP Enlists Vine Celebrities — And Everyone Else — To Help Kevin #FindRalph
Have you seen Kevin’s lost iguana? Well, if HP has its way, you’ll be seeing pleas for help finding Ralph in a variety of social channels.
- Marketers, You’re Thinking About Loyalty Programs All Wrong, And Other Consumer Disconnects [Study]
It’s a common refrain that consumers are moving faster and changing habits more quickly than marketers can keep pace with. We’ve seen it happening in mobile and a new study underscores how businsses are missing out on key connections throughout the so-called “customer journey”. With devices at our fingertips, we want and seek out information […]
- 6 Mobile Innovations Retailers Have Time To Adopt For The Holidays
Want to take advantage of a growing mobile audience this holiday season? It’s not too late. Columnist Brent Hieggelke shares his advice.
- What I Wish My CMO Knew About Brand Identity
Today’s anonymous contributor wishes the CMO knew that successful brands aren’t built on having perfect marketing materials, but on having personality and a voice.
- Introducing “CMO Zone,” Marketing Land’s New Section For & About C-Level Marketers
It’s a pleasure to share the formal announcement of a new section of Marketing Land that we’re calling the CMO Zone, along with several new regular features that are written for and about C-level marketers. CMO Zone is our go-to resource for marketing executives, those who work with them, or anyone interested in broader marketing […]
- HubSpot Is Worth Nearly $1 Billion After Gaining 20% On First Day Of Trading
HubSpot had a good first day on Wall Street. The Massachusetts-based marketing software company is worth about $914 million after its stock closed at $30.10 — 20% higher than the $25 opening price — on the New York Stock Exchange. HubSpot raised $125 million from the IPO, selling 5 million shares at the $25 price […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Nixed 4,143 Links To YouTube, Groups Under “RTBF”
- Study: 60 Percent of “Right To Be Forgotten” Requests Denied
- Should You Copy A Top Site’s SEO?
- What To Do When The PPC Competition Plays Dirty
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Are online retailers embracing Google’s new Universal Analytics?, Internet Retailer
- Ultimate Guide to Google Analytics – Part 1, PPC Hero
- When to Use Qualitative and When to Use Quantitative Analytics, KISS Metrics
- How to Build a Better Content Marketing Strategy, Content Marketing Institute
- The New York Times Takes Native Advertising to the Next Level With Cole Haan, Contently
- Increase Conversions With 10 Landing Page Tweaks, Search Engine Journal
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- User Experience Is a Feeling, www.uxmatters.com
- The Ultimate Email Optimization Infographic, Contently
General Internet Marketing
- 2014 Holiday Marketing Guide, Crazy Egg
- 4 marketing automation vendors, 1 stage, 0 casualties, Chief Marketing Technologist Blog
- From Football to E-Marketing: How to Create Raving Fans, Silverpop
Internet Marketing Industry
- Experian Marketing Services expands cross-channel consulting program with the launch of their Marketing Sophistication Curve(SM), PR Newswire
- Mobile blurs distinction between customer acquisition, experience: BloomReach, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Optimizing mobile advertising on dimensions that really matter, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Facebook now placing related stories under personal posts, Inside Facebook
- Snapchat Hacked: ‘The Snappening’, Business Insider
- Which Words Drive the Most Engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn & Blogs?, Media Bistro
- Where Are Your Sponsored Content Guidelines YouTube?, Reel SEO
- YouTube, Speaking the Language of TV, Wins Big Brands Like Kia, eMarketer
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech