Marketing Day: Walmart’s e-commerce growth, a Snapchat guide & YouTube audits
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- [Reminder] Live Webinar–Tips for better brand/agency creative collaboration
Feb 21, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
We all know the creative process is challenging. Its non-linear nature often causes frustration, delays, unplanned expenses and burned-out creative teams. Join brand expert Lesya Lysyj and Hightail’s Chief Operating Officer Mike Trigg as they explore the hidden costs of a broken creative process and provide best practices for better creative collaboration.
- Walmart reports 29% growth in US e-commerce
Feb 21, 2017 by Matt McGee
In Q4 earnings, company also promises continued effort “to become more of a digital enterprise.”
- Report: Android app eCPMs beat iOS for first time in Q4
Feb 21, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Android eCPMs jumped 79 percent year-over-year in Q4 2016.
- Dos and don’ts of PPC advertising for universities
Feb 21, 2017 by Pauline Jakober
For those in the higher education vertical, columnist Pauline Jakober provides tips for making the most of your paid search campaigns.
- Marketing Land’s guide on how to use Snapchat
Feb 21, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Haven’t gotten your brand on Snapchat? The time could be right, given recent changes to the service. All you need to know on getting started.
- Time is running out to score the deepest discounts to MarTech San Francisco
Feb 21, 2017 by Marketing Land
MarTech rates increase at the end of this week. Register now and save $400 off on-site rates. See below for details on all you get at this year’s event!
- 6 business types that reap the most reward from local SEO
Feb 21, 2017 by Pratik Dholakiya
Does your business serve a local market? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya shares tips for six business types that can really benefit from local search engine optimization.
- Are you buying #AlternativeEmailFacts as truth?
Feb 21, 2017 by Chad White
In the age of misinformation, email marketers need to get their facts straight. Columnist Chad White debunks five dubious and commonly accepted claims about email marketing best practices.
- Google’s YouTube to undergo MRC audits for video viewability measurement
Feb 21, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The audits encompass all aspects of YouTube’s third-party measurement integrations with MOAT, DoubleVerify and Integral Ad Science.
- With 1M apps to date, Facebook’s analytics tool adds features but hasn’t fixed measurement error
Feb 21, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Developers can compare two audience segments at a time and break down their audiences based on the sites that sent them.
- With renegotiation complete, Verizon to pay $350 million less for Yahoo
Feb 21, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Yahoo successor Altaba will bear the cost of shareholder lawsuits as part of the deal.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 Essential Negotiation Skills for Bloggers and Marketers, Problogger
- Emerging Social Media Tools for Bloggers 2017, The Blog Herald
- Microsoft strikes exclusive cloud deal with Flipkart, Amazon’s biggest online retail rival in India, GeekWire
- Why Amazon buying Capital One isn’t such a crazy idea, Digiday
- How to Create Evergreen Content with Lasting Engagement, Marketo
- How to Level Up Your Content Marketing Maturity, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Two Vital Elements that Might Be Missing from Your Content (and Precisely Where to Add Them), Copyblogger
- What do you do when everyone has good content?, Branded3
- How Site Search is Killing Your Conversion Rate (And How to Fix It), Kiss Metrics
- How to Make Better Landing Pages for Higher Conversions, The Blog Herald
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Must Have Homepage Elements, Duct Tape Marketing
- The secrets to great logo design, VerticalResponse Blog
- User Experience Testing: A Conversion-Focused Guide, ConversionXL
- All about these popular .AI domain names, Domain Name Wire
- 10 examples of welcome emails of varying quality from online retailers, Econsultancy
- Email Open and Conversion Statistics for Mobile Devices, MarketingProfs
- How Email and Social Can Win by Working Together, Simply Measured
- How to Engage Your Customers with Transactional Emails, Movable Ink Blog
- How to Write a Persuasive Marketing Email, Constant Contact
- The Secret to Writing Addictive Email Content, AWeber Communications
General Internet Marketing
- The Rise (And Fall?) Of The Brand-gorithm, AdExchanger
- The true power of referral marketing and how you can use it today to grow your small business fast, Duct Tape Marketing
- Why You Should Always Have an Active Branded Campaign, KoMarketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Navads Adds Top Local Search Executive as Part of Global Expansion, PR Web
- Start-up Adimo eyes global growth with £1m funding deal, The Scotsman
- 52 Social Media Management Tools You Must Have for Your Business, Small Biz Trends
- How Ad Tech Just Might Save TV, AdAge
- How AI will help you connect with customers, VentureBeat
- Marketing Automation Doesn’t Have To Break The Bank. Here’s Why You Need It, Webpresence Inbound Marketing Blog
- Tame Your MarTech Chaos With Persona & Journey Driven Frameworks, CMS Wire
- This Tool Allows You to Find Social Influencers Through Image Recognition, Adweek
- Toughest decision to make about the MarTech Conference, Chief Marketing Technologist
- App Store bug boosts paid apps over subscriptions in the top charts, TechCrunch
- Engaging ad experiences on mobile are the new gold standard for marketers, VentureBeat
- How brands can maximize conversion from mobile search, Mobile Commerce Daily
- How Do You Compete With 4 Million Apps? Think Retention, CMS Wire
- These Mobile Innovators Are Shaping the Future of Advertising, Adweek
- 33 Actionable Tips to Build a Memorable Online Brand, Jeff Bullas
- Money Can’t Buy Me Love: US Consumers Loyal to Brands They Trust, eMarketer
- 2017 Small Business Social Media, Heidi Cohen
- 5 Best Practices for Pinterest Advertising, 3Q Digital
- Facebook Ad Campaign Creation, MailChimp Blog
- Facebook on course to be the WeChat of the West, says Gartner, TechCrunch
- How to Improve Your Social Media Strategy for 2017, Bruce Clay
- How to Verify a Facebook Page for a Local Business, Social Media Examiner
- Pinterest Marketing Guide, Crazy Egg
- Snapchat a Fad? Opinion Is Split; Users Are Believers, MarketingProfs
- Why is social proof big for niche brands?, Internet Retailer
- Comcast Helps Ad-Supported Publishers Compete In A Video Subscription World, AdExchanger
- Most Millennials Have Watched Live Video Online, eMarketer
- Video Advertising Trends of 2017, MarTech Advisor
- What Black Millennials on YouTube Want From Advertisers, Think with Google
- What Marketers Need to Know About the Changes Coming to Facebook and YouTube, Tubular Insights