Marketing Day: Virtual reality digital ads, PPC skeptics & Twitter news
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Can virtual reality save digital advertising from itself? These companies are betting on it.
May 17, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
With virtual and augmented reality advertising taking shape, the industry is poised for a huge transition and opportunity to reshape digital advertising experiences.
- 9 reasons you should attend SocialPro in Seattle this June
May 17, 2016 by Marketing Land
Are you a professional social media marketer focused on driving results for your company or clients? Then Marketing Land’s SocialPro is the conference for you. SocialPro is designed from the ground up by the Marketing Land team to focus on the real-world challenges you face on a daily basis.
- Twitter data show most tweets from brands, publishers, celebs contain links
May 17, 2016 by Tim Peterson
A majority of the tweets posted by the most popular brands, celebrities and publishers on Twitter contain links, according to data pulled by Marketing Land.
- Local SEO: Become the voice online for your market
May 17, 2016 by Corey Barnett
How can you improve online visibility for your local business? Columnist Corey Barnett advises producing content of interest to your community, even if it’s not directly related to your business.
- PPC skeptics: Are you one of these 6 types?
May 17, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
You may have your reasons for being unsure about paid search advertising, but columnist Pauline Jakober hopes to rid you of your skepticism.
- Data provider Acxiom opens up its turnkey marketing analytics environment
May 17, 2016 by Barry Levine
Called Acxiom Marketing Analytics Environment or AMAE, it offers the first full integration of the company’s 2014 LiveRamp acquisition.
- Report: Accuracy of location data declining as more publishers offer it
May 17, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Location data accuracy varies dramatically by publisher and exchange.
- Botnet hijacks search results to siphon Google AdSense for Search revenue
May 17, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The click-fraud botnet Redirector.Paco has infected nearly 1 million computers worldwide since 2014, according to researchers.
- Email provider Bluecore, UGC platform Olapic team up to use consumers’ photos in marketing emails
May 17, 2016 by Barry Levine
The collaboration points to the growing incorporation of user content into more marketing channels.
- How marketers can identify companies that value email marketing
May 17, 2016 by Chad White
From team sizes to the number of specialists hired, columnist Chad White takes a look at the characteristics of companies that truly appreciate email marketing.
- Are content discovery platforms replacing generic search?
May 17, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
As content discovery continues its upward march, columnist Tamar Weinberg takes a close look at what it means for the search industry and the tools that are helping to fuel this growth.
- Twitter will reportedly stop counting links, photos against tweets’ character counts
May 16, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter will stop counting links and photos against its 140-character limit some time in the next two weeks, according to a Bloomberg report.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Here’s an AdWords script to check for empty ad groups
- Search intent signals: aligning organic & paid search strategy
- Google launches their new mobile-friendly testing tool
- Bing Ads Editor 11.0 debuts with multiple account management, better search, easier login
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Starters Setup Guide To Digital Analytics, www.searchenginepeople.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Key Steps to Consider When Guest Blogging, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Are These Invisible Forces Hurting Your Blog?, www.blogtyrant.com
- People of Tumblr, behold: The GIF post!, staff.tumblr.com
- Best Practices: How to Maximize Custom Content Sponsorships, adage.com
- What Content Strategy Will Work For You?, www.jeffbullas.com
- Your Guide to Creating and Sharing Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Conversion KPIs We Could Live Without, www.goinflow.com
- Measuring conversions that (seemingly) never happened, www.internetretailer.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 27 Infographic Templates and Vector Kits to Help You Design Your Own Infographic, www.copypress.com
- 5 Proven DX Strategies to Make Your Visitors Smile, www.cmswire.com
- A Guide To Building A Successful Startup Design Team, usabilitygeek.com
- How data-driven CX initiatives can avoid the IT ‘black hole’, econsultancy.com
- UX Reality Check: 14 Hard Truths About Users, www.fastcodesign.com
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong? The Biggest Mistakes in Usability Testing, www.uxmatters.com
- Inside new top level domain company Donuts, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon Wants Alexa to Take Control of Your Smart Home, www.wsj.com
- Amazon’s restaurant delivery service lands in Dallas and New York, launches with 350 outlets across Manhattan, venturebeat.com
- The two-dimensional e-commerce site is a thing of the past, www.internetretailer.com
- Three-Quarters of the World’s Shopping Carts Are Abandoned, www.emarketer.com
- U.S. e-commerce posts yet another big quarter, www.internetretailer.com
- DMARC: What We’ve Learned It Means Regarding Email Deliverability, www.silverpop.com
- Email showdown: Starbucks vs. Dunkin’ Donuts, myemma.com
- The 6 Biggest Email Marketing Myths, Debunked, unbounce.com
General Internet Marketing
- 7 Trends that Should Shape Your 2017 Marketing Budget, thedma.org
- Marketing Basics: Don’t overlook these 5 digital marketing tenets, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- The Biggest Problem With Micro-Influencers (and How to Solve It), www.adweek.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Connexity, Inc. Launches Enhanced AudienceView, connexity.com
- First Intentionally-Initiated Out-of-Stream Format Displays Both Direct Response and Engagement Ad Creative, www.vibrantmedia.com
- glispa Acquires Brazilian Mobile Advertising Leader MOBILS to Bolster mCommerce and Native Ad Solutions in LATAM Markets, www.prnewswire.com
- Latest Hootsuite App Dynamically Manages Social Between Desktop and Mobile, hootsuite.com
- Mavrck Launches Beta Program for Pinterest Influencer Activation Engine, www.mavrck.co
- NetLine Advances with Account-Based Marketing Platform Powered by First-Party Intent Data, www.prnewswire.com
- Progress Announces New Digital Transformation Solutions to Combat Digital Denial, www.businesswire.com
- Five Questions You Need to Ask Before Purchasing New Technology, www.marketingprofs.com
- Connecting the Mobile Marketing Puzzle Pieces: Product & Marketing, www.tune.com
- In-App, In-View And On-Point, adexchanger.com
- Marketers must track behavior down to the individual level, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile CTR for the 30 days before the mobile-friendly update, www.branded3.com
- The new rules for navigating ‘that damn App Store’, venturebeat.com
- 3 Ways to Use Psychology in Your Social Media Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 Small Business Social Media Ideas To Market Your Business, smallbiztrends.com
- 6 Strategies For Targeting Twitter Followers, www.ppchero.com
- Do You Know What Your Audience Wants to See on Instagram?, simplymeasured.com
- How to Measure Your LinkedIn Activities, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Likes Still Dwarf Other Facebook Reactions on Top Publishers’ Pages (Study), www.adweek.com
- LinkedIn Publishing: 3 Tips for Creating Better Content, www.toprankblog.com
- Now I Get It: Three Tactics For Incorporating Learning Into Your Social Media Content and Training, mackcollier.com
- Snapchat is selling an ice cube tray on Amazon because ice is “ephemeral” like its messages, qz.com
- Social Listening Is Key, but What Should Brands Be Listening for?, www.adweek.com
- The 5 Steps for Leveraging Growth Opportunities on Social Media, simplymeasured.com
- These Twitter directors almost never tweet, qz.com
- What You Need To Know About Pinterest’s Activity Changes, blog.tailwindapp.com
- Why The Facebook Ecosystem Dominates Social Media Budgets, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why You’re Not Good at Social Until It Embarrasses You, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 30 Practical Tips for Producing Great Facebook Live Videos, www.problogger.net
- 5 Best Practices to Consider Before You Use Livestreaming Video, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 85 percent of Facebook video is watched without sound, digiday.com
- Five Noteworthy Ways to Increase Engagement on YouTube, www.marketingprofs.com
- Twitter is testing a Periscope live-streaming button inside its mobile apps, techcrunch.com
- Video Marketing Boosts Customer Engagement and Profits, www.martechadvisor.com
- Vine Adds Timed Vine Challenges Based on Specific Themes, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.