Marketing Day: Updates to Snapchat Stories, Twitter loses its COO & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on January 23, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Gartner releases its first Magic Quadrant Report on Digital Experience Platforms
Jan 23, 2018 by Barry Levine
The report cites Adobe, IBM, Sitecore and Liferay as Leaders of this platform, a centerpiece set of tools for how brands interact with customers and others.
- News Corp’s Rupert Murdoch calls (again) for payments from Silicon Valley
Jan 23, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Murdoch wants Facebook and Google to pay news publishers a “carriage fee.”
- Snapchat will let non-users see Stories outside its app but won’t show them ads (yet)
Jan 23, 2018 by Tim Peterson
People will be able to share links to view Official Stories, Our Stories and Search Stories from Snapchat to view them on Snapchat’s site.
- Twitter COO Anthony Noto leaving company to become CEO of troubled SoFi
Jan 23, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Wall Street sees the loss of Noto as a blow to the social media company.
- Got a few minutes? Do a 5-point email audit
Jan 23, 2018 by Ryan Phelan
How effective is your email program? Columnist Ryan Phelan walks you through a five-point email audit to help you understand what’s working and what needs to change.
- Don’t miss your chance to save $300 on a ticket to SMX West! Book now!
Jan 23, 2018 by Marketing Land
We’re excited to bring SMX West 2018 to San Jose, California, March 13-15! The agenda is posted, the speakers are selected, but these Early Bird rates won’t be around much longer. Book your ticket by February 3 and enjoy $300 off on-site rates. If you’re planning to join us, it’s a no-brainer.
- AdStage makes the shift from ad management to campaign analytics & automation platform
Jan 23, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The company focuses on providing data from across paid channels to help revenue-generating marketers execute faster with better results.
- The unique selling proposition: A key element for SEO success
Jan 22, 2018 by Fili Wiese
Columnist Fili Weiss explains what a unique sales proposition (USP) is and why every indexable page on your site needs one.
- Incorporating a chatbot? How to put the customer first
Jan 22, 2018 by Jay Baer
Sure, chatbots can cut costs, but columnist Jay Baer says before you jump on the chat bandwagon, you need to make sure you’re putting the customer first.
- Website redesigns: How to retain and improve your SEO
Jan 22, 2018 by Marcus Miller
Columnist Marcus Miller explains how to make the most of your website redesign so that you not only preserve your SEO efforts but embrace the new opportunities that come with relaunching a site.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Bolt launches ‘zero fraud’ end-to-end online payments platform
Jan 23, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The company says its layered payment stack aims to “re-engineer commerce.”
- A new era of personalization: The hyperconnected customer experience
Jan 23, 2018 by Andy Betts
In the age of the hyperconnected consumer, delivering a personalized experience is key. Columnist Andy Betts shares three ways to engage and resonate with your audience.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 Metrics That Help Track User Engagement with Google Tag Manager, Vertical Measures
- Ad buyers want more flexibility and stats for Facebook Watch ads, Digiday
- Do Consumers Want Businesses to Take Political and Social Stands?, MarketingProfs
- Does Your Company Need a Chatbot?, CMS Wire
- Ecommerce Analytics at Scale: The Art and Science of Data Analysis, Shopify
- Forget Viewability: Your Ads Aren’t Serving, AdExchanger
- How to ensure your email looks great on mobile, My Emma
- Let machine learning create your In-feed ads, Inside AdSense
- Snapchat Stories will soon be shareable on Twitter and Facebook, CNBC
- Twitter COO Anthony Noto Resigns, Bloomberg