Marketing Day: Twitter’s Promoted Moments, Interview With Xerox CMO & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter’s Promoted Moments Will Get Its First Test Sunday
Oct 23, 2015 by Martin Beck
New native ad product will launch first with a Moment featuring “Creed,” a reboot of the Rocky movie franchise.
- Retailers: How To Engage Mobile Holiday Shoppers This Year
Oct 23, 2015 by Allan Haims
Many retailers are still not taking advantage of the power of mobile to increase in-store sales; columnist Allan Haims explains why and how they should.
- Why The MQL Is A Shackle
Oct 23, 2015 by Claudine Bianchi
Do you really need to measure marketing qualified leads? Columnist Claudine Bianchi doesn’t think so; she explains why MQLs might be holding you back.
- A CMO’s View: Xerox CMO Shares Strategy Behind Re-Branding One Of The World’s Top Brands
Oct 23, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Charged with the launch of Xerox’s “Work Can Work Better” campaign, CMO John Kennedy shares what he’s learned and what he hopes to achieve.
- Using Tech To Boost Content Marketing ROI: Dispatch From MarTech Europe
Oct 23, 2015 by Ian Cleary
At the MarTech conference in London, Columnist Ian Cleary summarizes a talk by Smart Insights’ Dave Chaffey on choosing the right measurements and tools for proving the value of content.
- Google’s New Shopping Insights Tool Shows Retailers Product Search Intent At The Local Level
Oct 23, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The data visualization tool shows search data on more than 5,000 products in US cities.
- Human Intuition Vs. Marketing Data: Forging A New Alliance
Oct 23, 2015 by Joshua Reynolds
Human intuition and data don’t need to be at odds with one another. Columnist Joshua Reynolds explains why the most effective marketing analytics solutions make use of both mind and machine.
- Amazon Reports Strong Q3 Earnings: AWS Income Closes In On North America Retail Business
Oct 22, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The e-commerce giant beat analyst expectations in large part due to its thriving cloud services business.
- Microsoft Q1 2016 Earnings Report: Revenue Down 12% YoY At $20.4 Billion
Oct 22, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
CEO Satya Nadella remains positive, says customer excitement for new devices is increasing.
- Alphabet (Google) Q3 Beats With $18.7 Billion, Mobile Search Revenues “Strong”
Oct 22, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Google announced revenues $18.7 billion, which represented 13 percent year over year growth vs. $16.5 billion a year ago. Revenues beat financial analyst consensus estimates of $18.54 billion. Google shares jumped in after-hours trading. Total advertising revenues were roughly $16.8 billion.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- How To Recover From A Manual Action: “Unnatural Links To Your Site — Impacts Links”
- Milestone: Bing Now Profitable As Windows 10 Success Boosts Usage
- Search In Pics: GoogleBot Army, Disneyland & Back To The Future
- How To Increase Qualified B2B SEO Traffic In 2016 & Beyond
- Meet A Landy Award Winner: How Piston Won Best Integration Of Search Into Cross-Channel Marketing For Its Mophie Campaign
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- How To Auto-Post To Social Networks From WordPress, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 4 Ways to Give Your Content a Boost, blog.marketo.com
- If you want B2B Content to be Great, Ask Your Community to Participate!, www.toprankblog.com
- The One Brief Statement That Will Refine Your Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Landing Page Design Lessons We Learned From Analyzing a Ton of Data, www.usertesting.com
- 7 Ways to Snip the Spring Out of Your Website Bounce Rate, blog.crazyegg.com
- Are You Offering Too Many Choices?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Your About Page Is A Conversion Gold Mine, klientboost.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- How Programmatic Display Can Give Your Clients A Boost, www.ppchero.com
- Three new ICANN directors started today, domainincite.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Achieve Digital Commerce Success, www.copyblogger.com
- Are Consumers Spooked this Halloween?, www.emarketer.com
- Promo Codes: Discounts vs. Benefits, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Why personalisation is the key to gaining customer loyalty, econsultancy.com
- How Email Tracking Can Introduce New Opportunities for Your Business, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Ditch Your Boring Out of Office Message, www.convinceandconvert.com
General Internet Marketing
- 8 Guiding Principles for Today’s Product Marketer, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Five ways to identify potential brand champions, econsultancy.com
- Marketers Won’t Get Transparency From Partners Unless They Demand It, adexchanger.com
- Prioritizing Among the Pressure: A CMO’s Guide, www.adweek.com
- Stalking, Espionage, and More: The Guide to a Successful B2B Marketing Campaign, www.searchinfluence.com
- The 5 Steps to Influencer Marketing in 2015, www.ducttapemarketing.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- IBM Launches Data Exchange to Empower Marketers to Engage Customers in the Moment, www.marketwatch.com
- Budgets Hold Back Marketing Technology Investment, www.emarketer.com
- 70% of millennial women want push notifications for an immediate-use offer, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Challenging misconceptions in location data science, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Differentiating With Wearable Tech, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook fixes iOS battery drain issue, tells everyone it’s sorry, digiday.com
- Instagram and Pinterest Dominate Mobile Traffic, www.adweek.com
- It’s Getting Harder And Harder For Mobile Ad Companies To Woo Developers, adexchanger.com
- Buffer Lost HALF Its Social Media Traffic This Year! But What Does It Mean?, www.wordstream.com
- Facebook Touts Performance of Facebook Audience Network, www.adweek.com
- How to Sync Facebook Lead Ad Contacts With Your CRM, www.jonloomer.com
- Reaching Mass Audiences with Marquee, blog.business.instagram.com
- So You Want To Do Facebook Advertising?, www.clicknewz.com
- The Complete Guide to Twitter Polls, blog.bufferapp.com
- US Mothers’ Likes and Dislikes on Social Media, www.emarketer.com
- What Facebook’s major search update means for marketers, econsultancy.com
- ESPN videos go dark on YouTube, digiday.com
- How to Plan Your YouTube Marketing Success, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Mail Online turns to vertical video for growth, digiday.com
- Sizmek Launches “The Sizmek Index Platform” to Boost the Adoption of Video Advertising, www.martechadvisor.com
- YouTube Red: A Step In the Right Direction for Online Video, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech