Marketing Day: Twitter’s New Product Pages, YouTube Newswire & Facebook Tests News Feed Changes
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter Jump Starts Shopping Experience With Product Pages & Collections
Twitter test offers brands and influencers dedicated pages for products and a Pinterest-like way to gather them all in one place.
- Why Don’t My Leads Convert? – June 30 Webcast
Ideas from Sales and Marketing – Together
- Google Could Face Deterrent-Sized Fines In EU Antitrust Case
European Union regulator told Google it intends to levy significant fines in case related to Google Shopping.
- How To Use Video Content To Generate, Qualify And Score Leads
Video might require an investment, says columnist Michael Litt, but it can give you key insights into your audience, which will ultimately lead to more sales.
- YouTube Newswire Offers User-Generated Feed Spotlighting Eyewitness News Video
Newswire one of three new initiatives geared toward YouTube’s journalism efforts, along with First Draft Coalition and Witness Media Labs.
- Rubicon Project Says Mobile Now More Than 20% Of Programmatic Ad Spend
Mobile accounted for just 3 percent of ad spend on the platform two years ago.
- George Clooney’s Casamigos Tequila Launches #HouseOfFriends Social Media UGC Campaign
The campaign for the celebrity-owned tequila brand kicks off with stylish and star-studded social media around the idea of friendship.
- Connecting The Dots With Device Targeting
Marketers today have more data, gathered across more devices, than ever before. Contributor Roger Juntilla explores scenarios that illustrate how this newly-available data can be used efficiently and effectively.
- Marketers Don’t Need To Choose Between Efficiency And Premium
Should you give up premium buys for audience buys? Not necessarily, says columnist Lauren Weinberg, who explains why premium should have a role in your marketing mix.
- Content Creation Platform Visage Launches Web-Based DIY Tool For Creating Data Graphics
In addition to rolling out its new image creator, the company announced $2.5 million in seed funding from Venture51 and K5 Ventures.
- France Wants Google To Target French Citizens Worldwide & Censor Their Search Results
The French data privacy regulator CNIL wants Google to somehow identify French citizens wherever they are in the world and block them from seeing material removed under the Right To Be Forgotten.
- Facebook Test Gives People More Control Over What Appears In News Feed
Another small experiment gives people the ability to push posts from certain people and pages to the top of their News Feeds.
- Survey: 43% Of U.S. Readers Have Felt Disappointed Or Deceived By Native Ads
Mitigating factors: Young people are less likely to feel deceived and a significant majority overall doesn’t dislike publishers and brands who produce sponsored content.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Refreshes Video Search: Adds Bigger Thumbnail Images & Offers More Info
- Google Will Allow People To Block “Revenge Porn” From Search Results
- Google’s Website Call Conversion Tracking: Keyword Level Call Tracking For AdWords
- Hooray, Bing Ads Makes It Possible To Save Column Settings
- Google Testing Blue Links For Top Search Menu
- Search In Pics: Google Board Games, eBikes & New AdSense Logo
- Why You Should Never “Do Keyword Research” Again
- Google Cache Redesigned To Add Full, Text & Source Views
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Linking And Data Collection: When Revenue Isn’t The Value, adexchanger.com
- Forget the Click? Online, Time May Be More Meaningful, www.wired.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Easy Ways to Be a More Prolific Blogger, www.blogherald.com
- Guest-Posting on Steroids: A 4-Step Blueprint That the Top Guest Posters Use, www.quicksprout.com
- How to Build Your Blog’s Audience with Long Form Evergreen Content, www.problogger.net
- Interview with Nuzzel CEO Jonathan Abrams, www.businessinsider.com
- Craft Content Marketing Campaigns to Increase Consumer Education, 3qdigital.com
- How to Develop Content for Foolproof Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The 3 Cs of Content Strategy, www.cmswire.com
- Visual Content Marketing Made Easy, www.ryanhanley.com
- 3 Unconventional Lead Generation Techniques For High Conversions, www.usertesting.com
- How to Sell a CRO Budget to Your C-Suite, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Learn to Create Emotionally Engaging Landing Pages, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Get Rapid User Feedback on Your Mobile App Prototype, www.usertesting.com
- One Page On Your Website You Have to Get Right, www.jeffbullas.com
- Website relaunch: how to get it right, econsultancy.com
- Cheap domain names are spammers’ favorites, domainnamewire.com
- WordPress Foundation sues owner of WordPress domain names, domainnamewire.com
- 3 Quick Ideas for Holiday Marketing Success in 2015, www.silverpop.com
- EBay Sells Craigslist Stake Back to Craigslist, www.wsj.com
- Sell Luxury To Rich Buyers! Weekly Psychographic Hot House, www.aimclearblog.com
- What Consumers Think About Personalization, www.getelastic.com
- Be an Email Marketing Superhero and Get a 30% Lift, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Tips to Craft a Better Value Proposition, blog.crazyegg.com
- For brands, influence is about more than influencers, econsultancy.com
- Getting from ‘Why Should I?’ to ‘Why Not?’: Real Marketing Leadership, medium.com
- What does the Future of Marketing Hold?, www.distilled.net
- Why the Best Marketing Campaigns Put Customer Experience First, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Apple takes App Analytics service out of beta, adds features, iphone.appleinsider.com
- 3 Ways in Which the Electric Daisy Carnival Is All About Mobile Branding, www.adweek.com
- 6 fundamentals of successful mobile engagement, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Apple quietly pulls original iPad mini from web site and Apple Store, 9to5mac.com
- Deloitte analyst insists mobile drives conversion rates, basket size, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Does Your Biz Need a Mobile-First Business Strategy?, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Measure and Drive ROI in App Marketing Campaigns, www.adweek.com
- The gamer’s guide to mobile advertising, digiday.com
- The Mobile Commerce Revolution In India, www.forbes.com
- WhatsApp flunked the EFF’s annual data privacy test, The Next Web
- 91% of Retail Brands Use Two or More Social Media Channels, www.adweek.com
- Do Social Media Crises Actually Exist?, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Facebook EMEA VP Nicola Mendelsohn explains teenagers still think Facebook is cool, Business Insider
- Facebook Growth: How to Create Huge Facebook Communities Without Advertising, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facial-Recognition Concerns Keep Facebook “Moments” From Europe, blogs.wsj.com
- For the first time, a Major League Baseball player has been punished for using social media during a game, qz.com
- Google+ Link in Google Translate, googlesystem.blogspot.com
- Pinterest Hires Former Facebooker Scott Goodson As Head Of Core Experience, TechCrunch
- The Big Social Media Brand Profile Lookbook 2015, blog.marketo.com
- Top 10 Paid Social Media Advertising Hacks of All Time, www.wordstream.com
- Twitter’s Next CEO Needs to Restore Faith in its Advertising Business, Wall Street Journal
- Why Twitter is the Ideal Platform for Engagement, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 3 Effective Ways to Use Video in Your Marketing Mix, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- How-to Properly Disclose Paid Video Endorsements for FTC, www.reelseo.com
- Nestle Claims First Sponsored Periscope Stream, www.adweek.com
- Optimising your video content for YouTube and its users, www.branded3.com
- Six plays for brands on Periscope, www.Twitter.com
- Video Viewers Buy In to Digital Subscription Services, www.emarketer.com
- WWE, Periscope Join Forces To Bring Fans To USA’s ‘Tough Enough’, variety.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech