Marketing Day: Twitter Ups DM Limit To 10K Characters, A CMO’s View On MarTech & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Reaction To Its Facebook Video Inspires VW To Create Baby Stroller With Automatic Brakes
Volkswagen takes viewer feedback from one online ad and explores the concept in a new video, proving it’s listening to its audience and giving them what they want (in demo form, at least).
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Web Analytics Software?
The foundation of a good digital marketing strategy still rests on collecting, analyzing and reporting on website data.
- Twitter Now Lets You Go Long With DMs Of Up To 10,000 Characters
Brands that use Twitter for customer service should benefit from the extra room for private messages.
- The New Mobile Rules for Search, Social and Display — August 20 Webcast
Advanced tips for targeting mobile consumers via search, social and display ads and driving more clicks, calls and sales.
- Periscope Has 10 Million Accounts With 40 Years Of Watch Time Daily
Twitter’s live-streaming app hit the user milestone August 2 but says time watched daily is the better metric to judge how well it’s doing.
- StepsAway Solves The “Beacon Problem” For In-Mall Retailers And Shoppers
Earlier this month, Target announced a 50-store beacon rollout. This is a big deal; retailers have been testing and flirting with beacons and indoor location for two years, and this is probably the biggest announcement to date. Yet beacons are only one technology and aren’t a complete indoor marketing solution. I’m a big proponent of […]
- A CMO’s View: MarTech Forces CMOs Out Of Their Comfort Zones, Says Yext’s Jeff Rohrs
A former ExactTarget VP, Rohrs had a front row seat to the MarTech explosion fueled by the 2013 SalesForce–ExactTarget $2.5 billion deal.
- Knowing When To Retarget (And What Data To Bank It On)
Retargeting shouldn’t just be based on someone visiting your site and looking at a product, says columnist Alex LePage. He explains why it’s time for marketers to use real metrics to create a personalized experience for customers.
- The Psychology Of Liking On Facebook
Improve your marketing by gaining psychological insights into Facebook likes. Columnist Neil Patel explores five reasons why that simple click means so much to the human brain.
- Bigcommerce Launches Tool To Streamline Creation Of Facebook & Twitter Ads
43% of small and medium online retailers would like help improving ROI for social ads, according to Bigcommerce. Company believes new tool will do that.
- [Study] Moz Releases 2015 Search Engine Ranking Factors
A new study from Moz combines data from 150 industry leaders and gives us a look at the search ranking factors that matter in 2015.
- Amazon Retiring Product Ads, Offers New Text Ads As Alternative
Amazon has notified its advertisers that the popular Product Ads will be discontinued on October 31.
- “Yes, We Still Love Google+” Says Outgoing Google CEO Larry Page
Asked about the service, Page expressed support that it will continue even as Google becomes part of Alphabet.
- Election Season Drives Fox News Into Top 2 Of Facebook Publishers In July [Report]
Latest NewsWhip data shows Fox surpassing Buzzfeed and closing in on No. 1 publisher, The Huffington Post.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Major Billing Improvements & Consolidated Billing Arrive On Bing Ads
- Is CTR A Ranking Factor In Organic Results?
- Costs Per Click Around The World & Tips For Smart Global PPC Strategy
- App Indexing & The New Frontier Of SEO: Google Search + Deep Linking
- Moz Releases 2015 Search Engine Ranking Factors Study
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- App UX analytics: success relies on going beyond the numbers, econsultancy.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 11 Ways to Convert Blog Readers Into Customers, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 13 Quick Tricks to Drive Traffic to Your Blog in Minutes, www.jeffbullas.com
- 20 Most Useful Blog Plugins For Non-Geeks, heidicohen.com
- 5 Quick Ways to Improve Your Blog’s Design, www.blogtyrant.com
- #ILookLikeAnEngineer: Working for a More Diverse Silicon Valley, www.adweek.com
- Intel Releases First Google-Style Diversity Report, blogs.wsj.com
- Why Google’s Alphabet Is Nothing like Berkshire Hathaway – and Much Riskier, www.technologyreview.com
- 6 Types of Visual Content You Need to Use in Your Marketing Campaigns, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How Much Does Content Help B2B Sales?, www.emarketer.com
- How To Be A Content Curation Master, heidicohen.com
- How to Evaluate Native Content Programs, johnbell.typepad.com
- 4 Things You MUST Have on Your Pricing Page, blog.crazyegg.com
- Introducing More Powerful A/B Testing, blog.mailchimp.com
- The Endless Suck of Best Practice and Optimisation Experts, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 User Research Lessons I Learned From Making PB&J Sandwiches, www.usertesting.com
- Provocation Can Lead to Emotional Design, uxmag.com
- Thanks to Google’s Alphabet, .Xyz Will End .Com Dominance, www.wired.com
- 3 Multichannel Marketing Tips for Enhancing the Customer Experience, www.silverpop.com
- Amazon marketplace sales leave Google and eBay in the dust, www.internetretailer.com
- Are online marketplaces a retailer’s friend or foe? 8 experts weigh in, www.retaildive.com
- Effect of Google’s “Buy” Button to Your E-Commerce Site, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How marketers can use emotional appeal in a cynical multichannel world, econsultancy.com
- Localytics: 76% of Users Abandon Retail Apps in First 30 Days, www.adweek.com
- Not Your Grandma’s Couponing: How to Modernize Your Coupon Strategy, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Why shopping apps are struggling to break out, www.retaildive.com
- 2015 Email Benchmark Study: Key Takeaways and Suggested Tactics, www.silverpop.com
- 6 After-order Emails to Boost Ecommerce Sales, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Happy Holidays in August! What You Can Do Now to be Prepared Later, blog.returnpath.com
- How to Stay in Line with the Law When Sending Marketing Emails, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Running Your Email Marketing: Platform or Gmail?, www.blogherald.com
- Unconversion: Optimizing Email Unsubscribe, www.getelastic.com
General Internet Marketing
- The ethics of modern web ad-blocking, www.marco.org
- 29 Ways to Save Time and Overcome Your Marketing Challenges, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 3 Influencers to Follow When Building Your Brand, www.verticalresponse.com
- Can the CFO and CMO Get on the Same Side?, www.cmswire.com
- How To Improve Your Chances Of Getting Seen, www.webpresence.tv
- Marketers: Stop Advertising on Pirate Sites, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Act-On Achieves ‘Built for NetSuite’ Verification, press.act-on.com
- AdLarge, Midroll, NPR, Panoply, Podtrac, & WNYC to Present at First-Ever IAB Podcast Upfront Showcase, www.iab.net
- comScore Brings Aboard Aaron Fetters as Senior Vice President, Marketing Solutions, www.martechadvisor.com
- DoubleDutch Closes $45 Million in Funding, www.businesswire.com
- Opera Mediaworks expands mobile ad platform, operamediaworks.com
- Publishers Clearing House’s ad tech platform buys CRM provider CommandIQ, VentureBeat
- Videotel Now Shipping New Wave 2 Play Interactive Solution, www.prweb.com
- XpressBuy Launches on Four Major Commerce Platforms, getxpressbuy.com
- A Simplified Ad Tech Stack: The Key To Protecting Working Media, adexchanger.com
- C-Suite Execs Must Ramp Up Technological Resilience, www.emarketer.com
- 3 Quick Steps to Optimize Your App Without Spending a Dime, www.adweek.com
- For Attribution Firms, Mobile Needs To Get Moving, adexchanger.com
- Google Launches New Site To Showcase Experimental Open Source Apps For Android And Android Wear, techcrunch.com
- Millennials and mobile: what marketers need to know, econsultancy.com
- Mobile Wallets and Location Marketing: Targeting the Consumer Near the Store, www.emarketer.com
- Onboarding Campaigns: Personalizing the Path from Install to Engage, www.kahuna.com
- Video, content and social all required to reach mobile users, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- “How Not To PR” By Tinder, techcrunch.com
- 12 Secret Social Media Hacks You Want To Try Now, smallbiztrends.com
- 21 Ways to Improve Your Facebook Ads With Ad Targeting, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 3 Competitor Campaigns to Run on Twitter Ads, www.clixmarketing.com
- Facebook struggles to sell advertising in India, www.reuters.com
- Forget your Follower Numbers, It’s Time to Focus on Engagement, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Get Your Business Ready to Sell on Social Media, smallbiztrends.com
- Google Plus Engagement: Study Shows How to Maximize It, www.stonetemple.com
- Instagram Is The Social Network Of Choice For Musicians, www.fastcompany.com
- Instagram poses an attractive bet for fashion and beauty brands, www.retaildive.com
- Social Integration Tops CRM Users’ Wish Lists, www.emarketer.com
- Social Media Manager Secrets, simplymeasured.com
- The anatomy of a Twitter lynch mob, digiday.com
- The Social Strategy: A Five-Step Process For Social Media Marketing Success, www.adweek.com
- Tips for building a luxury brand on Instagram, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Which Auto Brand Do American Facebook Users Like Most?, www.socialbakers.com
- 11 Awesome Video Marketing Tools, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook’s Autoplaying Videos Are Influencing Other Areas Of Digital, www.adweek.com
- Social Video: Each Platform Needs a Story Telling Strategy, www.reelseo.com