Marketing Day: Twitter replies, Google to advertisers & Google Optimize
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google is set to expand its store visits program to thousands more advertisers
Mar 30, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Improved measurement techniques and machine learning-powered modeling have helped Google track more than 4 billion store visits from ads.
- A/B testing solution Google Optimize is out of beta and free for everyone
Mar 30, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The A/B testing platform runs on top of Google Analytics.
- Why Google’s SEO advice is NOT (always) in your best interest
Mar 30, 2017 by Nate Dame
Google often provides useful information to the SEO community, but columnist Nate Dame argues that ultimately, the company’s advice is in their best interest, not yours — so make sure you understand the nuances.
- Twitter drops usernames from replies, giving full 140 characters to respond
Mar 30, 2017 by Greg Finn
A new change will give you more room to respond and, according to Twitter, make conversations easier to follow.
- 10 tips to make the most of live video
Mar 30, 2017 by Brad O’Brien
As live video continues to take the marketing world by storm, columnist Brad O’Brien shares his recommendations on how to make it work for your brand, as well as common stumbling blocks to watch out for.
- The art of social media minimalism
Mar 30, 2017 by Blaise Lucey
Feeling overwhelmed by all the social media options? Columnist and Bitly senior content strategist Blaise Lucey says it may be time to simplify and cut the clutter.
- Absolutdata launches an AI-based decision-making platform
Mar 30, 2017 by Barry Levine
Adding AI to its tools for converting trial users and evaluating new product ideas, the company is moving toward decision-making as a service.
- Signal expands its identity solution beyond a brand’s own properties
Mar 30, 2017 by Barry Levine
Newly launched Customer Identity Solution employs cookies and mobile device IDs matched to known customers to target ads and other marketing elsewhere.
- The hype and reality of artificial intelligence [Podcast]
Mar 30, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s Marketing Land Live, we chat with Scott Brinker about the current state of artificial intelligence — what’s fact, what’s fiction, and what do marketers need to know?
- Report: Best practices for email marketing in e-commerce
Mar 29, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
When you are determining the right email marketing strategy for your business, it’s natural to wonder how the industry leaders are conducting their campaigns. After all, if they’re on top, then they must be doing everything right. Right? To glean email campaign best practices, Iterable analyzed the email marketing strategies adopted by the top 100 […]
- After ad boycotts, Google promises new reporting & review processes for upset advertisers
Mar 29, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google’s chief business officer also promises to hire ‘significant numbers of people’ to help handle advertiser objections when ads appear alongside objectionable content.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing 101: A Forrester Report, blog.cj.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 Content Marketing Tasks You Must Get Right Before Your Competitors Do, Pushing Social
- Choosing an Infographic Style: Data Visualizations, CopyPress
- Nuzzel launches a ‘Newswire’ for sponsored content, TechCrunch
- Who Should Own Paid Distribution in Content Marketing?, Convince and Convert
- Why You Need Content Strategy Before Editorial Planning, Content Marketing Institute
- The Unbounce Conversion Benchmark Report: Average Conversion Rates by Industry and Expert Recommendations, Unbounce
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Filling Up Your Tank, Or How To Justify User Research Sample Size And Data, Smashing Magazine
Display & Contextual Advertising
- The Deck ad network is shutting down, TechCrunch
- AdSense 101: What you need to know, adsense.googleblog.com
- Chase Had Ads on 400,000 Sites. Then on Just 5,000. Same Results., New York Times
- How Data Analytics Can Protect Reputations in the Digital Ad Industry, mediashift.org
- Amazon shutters unprofitable Quidsi, www.retaildive.com
- Inside Walmart’s digital strategy, Ragan.com
- Why Amazon Acquired Souq.com, www.cmswire.com
- 7 Ways You Screw Up Your Email Marketing, Search Engine Journal
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- IgnitionOne Announces Partnership with Kenshoo — Clients of Both Companies Now Have Expanded Access to Best-in-breed Cross-channel Marketing Capabilities, globenewswire.com
- Looking To Create Seamless Cross-Device Marketing & Media Experiences? This Tool Is For You!, thedma.org
- Amazon Surges In The Crowded DSP Space, According To Advertiser Perceptions Survey, Ad Exchanger
- Artificial Intelligence: Implications On Marketing, Analytics, And You, Avinash Kaushik
- How Machine Learning Might Just Make Marketing More Human, www.cmswire.com
- It’s Still Marketing: We Just Added AI, Ad Exchanger
- Tidal Labs Scales Influencer Marketing CaaS Platform Achieves Significant Company Growth During 2016, PR Web
- Video Creation Platform Shakr Named Facebook Marketing Partner, blog.shakr.com
- How Retailers Can Improve the Customer Experience of Mobile Shoppers, MarketingProfs
- Is cost-per-offline-visit the future of mobile advertising?, eConsultancy
- Facebook will launch group chatbots at F8, TechCrunch
- Building a brand that readers return to on social media, www.newswhip.com
- Facebook tests a second News Feed headed by a rocket ship icon, TechCrunch
- How to Respond to Negative Feedback on Twitter, blogs.constantcontact.com
- More Ways to Support Causes, newsroom.fb.com
- Private Messaging Bound to Eclipse Other Channels, www.conversocial.com
- United shows how brands can stand up to social media mobs, eConsultancy
- What Is Social Media Marketing?, komarketing.com
- Why Social Marketers Need to Understand the Funnel (And How), simplymeasured.com
New on MarTech