Marketing Day: Twitter Partners With Google, Yelp Is Profitable & Twitter Record Earnings
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Forget User Growth, Look At Twitter’s Record Earnings
Twitter adds only 4 million monthly active users in Q4, up 1.2% for the quarter, but revenue was a healthy $479 million.
- Yelp Achieves Profitability For First Time, Announces 72 Million Mobile Users
Yelp just announced Q4 2014 and full year results. Revenue came in at just under $110 million for the quarter, which represented 56 percent growth over 2013. For the full year Yelp announced $377.5 million in revenue. That was 62 percent more than in 2013. Overall the company slightly beat Wall Street estimates for revenues and earnings per […]
- Ray-Ban #Reflections App Takes Selfies To New Heights
The sunglasses company releases a unique iPhone app and community around self-photography.
- Instagram Video Now Loops In Your Stream
Playing catch-up to Vine, Instagram updates mobile apps to automatically replay video. Marketers could see a boost in impressions.
- A Fill-In-The Blank Content Strategy Document
After noting a lack of standardized content strategy documents, columnist Jonathan Blank has created his own. Feel free to use and modify to suit your own business!
- Use Google Analytics To Treat Your Account Holders Like Royalty
Columnist Brian Massey reminds us that visitors who have created an account on your site are some of your most valuable prospects. Are you treating them as such?
- Can Mobile Push Notifications Replace Marketing Emails?
Smartphone notifications are all the rage. Contributor Aaron Strout explores when they’re useful and how they fit with marketers’ email strategy.
- Twitter CEO Admits “We Suck At Dealing With Abuse & Trolls”
Internal memo shows that Twitter CEO, Dick Costolo, takes full responsibility for problem and takes the onus to fix the issue.
- Report: Twitter & Google Have Deal To Index Tweets Again
Twitter will provide the search giant access to its firehose again, Bloomberg Business reports. The companies had a similar deal that ended in 2011.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- As Apple-Google Deal Expires, Who Will Win The Safari Default Search Business?
- The Future Of Search Is Productivity Across Platforms
- Marketers Spent $4 Billion On Click-to-Call Advertising In 2014 — Report
- Google App Indexing Statistics & Errors Being Emailed To Webmasters
- Why Your Mobile & Geo Modifiers For Paid Search Aren’t Getting The Job Done
- Report: Google Will Get Access To Twitter’s Firehose Again
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing Success Stories: Chris, DoricPhrases.com, Affiliate Window Blog
- 3 Common Google Analytics Questions for Beginners, builtvisible.com
- Data Marketing: Why I’m Excited (And You Should Be, Too), overit.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Is Your Business Blog Running on Empty? Here Are 4 Ways To Fill the Tank, Online Marketing Blog
- Looking to Guest Post on Authority Sites? Here’s How to Find the Best Blogs, ProBlogger
- Apple Talks to TV Programmers About Web TV Service, Re/code
- Exclusive: Apple’s health tech takes early lead among top hospitals, Reuters
- The Circles of Twitter, medium.com
- Twitter CEO: ‘We suck at dealing with abuse’, The Verge
- Verisign Reports: Revenue up 4.7%; Profit Margin 55.9% & $1.4 Billion In The Bank, The Domains
- Content Promotion Inside the "Created With" Economy, relevance.com
- How to Orchestrate the Concert of Paid Content Promotion, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Setting Clear Objectives for Your UX Research, www.usertesting.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Healthcare.gov, State Sites Still Crawling With Ad Trackers, Ad Age
- Love is all around: Is your website ready for Valentine’s Day? (Part 1 of 4), Inside AdSense
- 500 new gTLDs now live, a new one added every day, DomainIncite
- GoDaddy wants to patent domain suggestions based on geography, business type, domainnamewire.com
- China’s annual online retail sales to top $1 trillion by 2019, www.internetretailer.com
- Ralph Lauren sews up double-digit growth in e-commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- Staples’ bid for Office Depot creates a $15 billion web merchant, Internet Retailer
- 6 Email List Segmentation Strategies for Retailers, blog.movableink.com
- How to Write an Autoresponder Email Series, AWeber
Internet Marketing Industry
- Sitecore named a Leader in Web Content Management Systems by Independent Research Firm, www.sitecore.net
- Wearable World incubator acquires tech blog ReadWrite, VentureBeat
- Half of mobile users have made a major purchase: report, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Messaging Apps Shatter Living Room Walls (and Sunday Usage Records) During the Super Bowl, Flurry
- Coca-Cola Suspends Automated Tweet Campaign After Being Tricked Into Quoting Hitler, AdWeek
- Sharethrough Surpasses $80 Million Annual Run Rate, PR Newswire
- The Gap and Other Brands Are Embracing Instagram’s New Video Loops, AdWeek
- The guy standing between Facebook and its next privacy disaster, Fusion
- Twitter Cuts Off Employee Access to Its Metrics, recode.net
- Updates to Facebook Mentions, Facebook Media
- 5 Ways B2B Organizations Can Incorporate Video Marketing, komarketingassociates.com
- How To Optimize YouTube Related Videos [#TubeTalk #58], reelseo.com
- YouTube’s latest experiment: multiple camera angles, engadget.com