Marketing Day: Twitter Native Video Growing, Jet.com Report & “Suggested Tiles” In Firefox
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Brands Shifting From YouTube To Native Video On Twitter
Sep 14, 2015 by Martin Beck
Top 500 brands posted nearly as many videos natively as from YouTube in July. Engagement remains higher for native video.
- Early Report Shows Jet.com Driving Strong Sales Volume, Attracting Repeat Buyers
Sep 14, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
ChannelAdvisor says the e-commerce start-up is now its number 4 marketplace.
- US Court Ruling Doesn’t Mean End To Automatic Takedown Notices Over Copyright
Sep 14, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Algorithms cited as “valid and good faith middle ground” for dealing with copyright infringement allegations while also considering fair use.
- Global Content Marketing for Enterprise – September 24 Webcast
Sep 14, 2015 by Marketing Land
Technologies, tactics and tricks for gaining market share with exceptional content.
- Mozilla Ready To Promote “Suggested Tiles” In Firefox
Sep 14, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The company says the product began running a month ago but isn’t paid at this point.
- Planning For Next Summer’s Mobile Conferences: What’s Your Jam?
Sep 14, 2015 by Craig Weinberg
With a slew of summer conferences to choose from, columnist Craig Weinberg details some hot venues in the mobile space to help marketers plan for 2016.
- To Optimize Conversions, Focus On Everything That Happens Before
Sep 14, 2015 by Nick Iyengar
Looking to turn more website visits into conversions? Columnist Nick Iyengar explains why it’s important to first map out each process a user goes through on your site, and then use analytics to find out if it’s meeting its goals.
- Don’t Miss Adobe, Oracle, Marketo & Salesforce On the MarTech Main Stage – Register Now!
Sep 14, 2015 by Marketing Land
If you’re responsible for creating exceptional customer experiences with marketing technology, MarTech Europe is a must-attend event. MarTech is unique. You’ll be inspired by industry pioneers from leading brands and agencies who are responsible for delivering business results with marketing technologies.
- Amazon Puts Out The Fire Phone
Sep 13, 2015 by Greg Sterling
All companies make mistakes. Yet one of the biggest in the consumer devices arena is Amazon’s much-hyped but spectacularly unsuccessful Fire Phone. It now appears the company is discontinuing it.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 14 Billion Reasons You Must Look At These 5 Underutilized Local Marketing Strategies
- How And Why Content Marketing Works
- Participate in Our Audience Survey & Enter To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Advanced Analytics Can Drive Your Digital Experience, www.cmswire.com
- Is ROI Really What You’re Looking For?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Overlooked But Super Effective Ways to Boost Sales on Your Blog, www.jeffbullas.com
- Free Stuff Won’t Convince Bloggers To Write About Your Startup, techcrunch.com
- How She Does it: Blogger Pip Lincolne Talks Finding Time to Write Books, www.problogger.net
- How to Add Estimated Reading Time to Your Blog, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- How to Present an Amazing Curated Post, www.compukol.com
- Google Found Guilty of “Abusing Dominant Market Position” in Russia, www.wsj.com
- Google hires Truecar’s Krafcik to head its driverless car unit, www.reuters.com
- 4 Ways Brands Can Use Creativity & Comedy to Create Award-Winning Content Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- 5 Tools to Make Visual Content, www.blogherald.com
- 5 ways to encourage customers to share your brand’s content, myemma.com
- Content Marketing Automation with Zapier to Drive Leads and Sales, smallbiztrends.com
- Esquire makes old content profitable again, www.adweek.com
- How to Create Interactive Content That Engages Your Customers, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Find the Best Pieces of Content in Your Industry, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Make Your Content Marketing More Newsworthy!, marketingthink.com
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Driving Conversions Through Audience Analysis, moz.com
- The Most Effective Tactics for Optimizing B2B Landing Pages, www.marketingprofs.com
- When to Run Bandit Tests Instead of A/B Tests, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 20 Chrome Extensions for Web Design, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 3 Traits Every UX Designer Should Have, www.usertesting.com
- Digital Design Gives Control to the Customer, www.cmswire.com
- Domain Data on the top 1,000 Websites, www.thedomains.com
- Here’s How Apple is Using Apple.CO, www.domaininvesting.com
- MPDR launches .film domain name to tackle piracy, www.screendaily.com
- Protectionism in the transportation business…and domain name business, domainnamewire.com
- 101 Elements Of A Complete Product Page, vwo.com
- 4 Tactics B2B Ecommerce Can Borrow from B2C, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 9 UX Strategies to Prevent Cart Abandonment, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Alibaba’s naysayers are forgetting that e-commerce is still growing fast in China, qz.com
- Back to School: The ABCs of Ecommerce, www.getelastic.com
- E-commerce technology: Lots of growth and consolidation, www.internetretailer.com
- New in-store shopping experience: How retailers can drive sales with apps, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Retailers find a lot to like in online shoppers clicking from social networks, www.internetretailer.com
- 11 Hacks For Improving Your Email Click Rates, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 3 Outbound Email Automation Tactics, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 5 Email Marketing Myths and the Truth Behind Them, www.martechadvisor.com
- Battle of the Inbox: Subject Line Trends That Win Readership, blog.returnpath.com
- Deliverability Defined – And Why It Matters, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- Revamp Marketing to Boost Your Bottom Line, www.cmswire.com
- Why Influencer Marketing Isn’t Just for Big Brands Anymore, www.socialmediatoday.com
- 5 Reasons Why Marketing Technology Can Be Frustrating, www.martechadvisor.com
- Four Practical Tips for Resolving the CMO-CIO Disconnect, www.marketingprofs.com
- Digitizing stored value: Challenge of going mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook open-sources React Native for Android to speed up mobile development, venturebeat.com
- How Wearable Tech Could Spark A New Privacy Revolution, techcrunch.com
- Location profiling is the next frontier in audience insights, digiday.com
- Report: Mobile App Installs Increase 346% Year-Over-Year, www.adweek.com
- The CMO’s Guide to Messaging Apps, adage.com
- Time spent inside mobile apps has exceeded that of time spent watching TV, flurrymobile.tumblr.com
- Business Mags Should Be Very Afraid of LinkedIn’s New Project, contently.com
- Chris Sacca says Dorsey has support of largest Twitter investors, www.businessinsider.com
- Facebook Beefs Up Blueprint E-Learning Tool for Marketing, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Messenger Users Seeing Surveys Within App, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Outlines New Measures to Combat Racist and Xenophobic Content, www.wsj.com
- How Much Does Facebook Advertising Cost? A Definitive Guide, www.wordstream.com
- How to Improve Your Facebook Ads With Customer Reviews, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How Your Age Affects What You Share on Social Media, www.adweek.com
- Matt Jacobson, Facebook’s Gatekeeper for Hollywood, www.nytimes.com
- New York Times, Guardian Sign On to Google, Twitter Plan, recode.net
- Rep A Cause With Facebook’s New Temporary Profile Pics, techcrunch.com
- Report: Facebook is working on a virtual reality app, digiday.com
- The 4 Biggest Pinterest Marketing Mistakes, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Five Step Path to Social Media ROI Enlightenment, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Twitter Has Itself A Monday, Desktop Version Goes Down For Over A Half-Hour, techcrunch.com
- 15 Blab Tips for Marketers: Ultimate Guide to Blab.im, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Attn Video Marketers: Thanksgiving is Bigger on YouTube than Black Friday, www.reelseo.com
- Makeup Subscription Delivery Service ipsy Raises $100M, techcrunch.com
- New research: five best practices for Promoted Video , www.Twitter.com
- The Future of Video is the Stream (But Not Streaming), www.adweek.com
- The Tipping Point For TV And Digital Video, adexchanger.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.