Marketing Day: Twitter & Google FAQs, LinkedIn Financials & Gap Instagram
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Gap Launches #SpringIsWeird ‘Micro-Series’ On Instagram
The brand, working with W+K, turns to the “Turn Down For What” music video directors for a 12-part series of 15-second videos.
- Download Analysis Shows Super Bowl Ads “Worked” For Game Developers
Following the Super Bowl there were a number of “was it worth it?” analyses that came out. They all used different metrics, such as “mentions,” “buzz,” “shares,” “likes” and “views,” to evaluate the different commercials. None of those are particularly concrete. By contrast, appfigures sought to evaluate the performance (downloads) of the commercials tied to the three mobile […]
- Is Marketing Technology The Emperor’s New Clothes?
Columnist Rachel Balik notes that while the marketing technology landscape is broader than ever, many marketers are still struggling to utilize these technologies in a useful way.
- Beyond Likes, Shares & Retweets: More Advanced Uses Of Social Data
Columnist Rick Miller reveals how marketers can create consumer-centric campaigns that sell using their own rich, social data.
- LinkedIn Tops Projections For The 15th Straight Quarter, Soars To Record Highs
Solid growth & fantastic revenues across all business units helped the social networking giant crush their Q4 earnings.
- FAQ: How Twitter’s New Deal To Bring Tweets To Google Search Works
Twitter and Google once again have a deal to bring more tweets into Google search. How will it play out? Here’s our best estimate.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Yahoo Gemini Gaining Mobile Search Share, But Not At Google’s Expense, Yet
- February 10 Webcast- Converting The Mobile SEM Visitor In 2015
- Bing Ads Rolling Out Updates To Quality Score Reporting
- Google Confirms Making “Tweaks” To The Search Results But Says No “Update” To Announce
- Google Removes “How Can I Join ISIS” Autosuggestion
- 4 Search Engine Optimization Techniques for DuckDuckGo
- Official: Twitter To Give Google Access To “Firehose” Of Tweets
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Factual and Metamarkets Partner to Combine Geo-Behavioral Data With Real-Time Auction Analytics, Market Wired
- Google Uses Hangouts As A Virtual Genius Bar To Sell Google Devices, TechCrunch
- Google’s anti-Microsoft arsenal, Business Insider
- Twitter’s stock soars after Thursday’s earnings report, SiliconBeat
- Moneyball: Use Content Intelligence and Analytics to Build a Successful Sales Team, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Paid Content Promotion Budgets Will Grow in 2015, relevance.com
- CRO School: 5 Sets of Data to Crunch to Improve Conversions, The Daily Egg
- How to Build a Loyal Audience on the Web, quicksprout.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Accessible Web Development Using W3C’s WAI-ARIA, Usability Geek
- Everything You Need to Know about User Testing Your Game, User Testing
- Do Cheap Domain Names Fuel The eCrime Economy ?, thedomains.com
- Expired Domain Report: iiiii.com and more, Domain Name Wire
- How is .Com? Verisign discusses, and signs 11 IDN contracts, Domain Name Wire
- ICA responds to ICANN CEO Fadi Chehadé’s “Hogging” remarks, Domain Name Wire
- What .WS Website Is This?, DomainInvesting.com
- Which Brands Got The Biggest Brand Lift From The Super Bowl ? That Little Registrar Named Go Daddy Tops The List, thedomains.com
- GrubHub picks up delivery sites in mobile-ordering land grab, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Rocket Internet invests $1.9 billion in an online food-delivery service, Internet Retailer
- The Billion-Dollar Ecommerce Company You Know Nothing About, Fast Company
- When Ecommerce Warms Your Heart, Practical Ecommerce
Internet Marketing Industry
- Advertising software vendor Marin Software agrees to buy SocialMoov, Internet Retailer
- Mattel and Google send out invites to ‘view what’s possible’ at event on February 13, 9to5Google
- Banks to board beacon bandwagon and reach mall shoppers, Mobile Commerce Daily
- In-app recommendations, sales assistance crucial for driving mcommerce: report, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Why Google Glass Broke, New York Times
- Adidas is the first major brand to use Twitter’s Group DM for marketing, Mashable
- Behind The Scenes Of McDonald’s Super Bowl Giveaway, Ad Age
- Facebook’s Dedicated App For The Famous Gains Twitter Sharing, Topics In Timeline, TechCrunch
- One Powerful Reason to Keep Your Facebook Page, www.blogtyrant.com