Marketing Day: Top 10 YouTube Ads In March, Employees As Brand Ambassadors & LinkedIn’s Elevate
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- TrueCar To Donate $1 For Every Instagram Photo Tagged #DogsInCars
The car buying information site seeks to associate its brand with fun — specifically the type of joy and excitement dogs experience when riding in a car.
- Top 10 YouTube Video Ads In March: Ad Council’s Viral Hit “Love Has No Labels” Ranks No. 1
Ranked by paid views, organic views and audience retention, last month’s top ads generated more than 102 million views.
- 12 Ways To Make Your Most Important Brand Ambassadors — Your Employees — More Productive
How do you keep your employees happy and productive? Columnist Steve Olenski offers up these 12 techniques to help get you started.
- How Many Watches Did Apple Sell: 1 Million, 2 Million Or More?
Apple may let the world know today precisely how many watches were ordered on Friday.
- Take Programmatic Display To The Next Level
There’s a reason why programmatic buying is taking over display, columnist Pete Kluge notes, but it’s still not reaching its potential.
- Noteworthy, No Hype – What to Expect at SMX Advanced in Seattle
Ask a search marketer what they love – and hate – about their job and you’ll likely hear “it’s always changing.”
- LinkedIn’s Newest App, Elevate, Helps Employees Share Content & Helps Employers View Results
A new social sharing & scheduling app from LinkedIn has a unique wrinkle: It allows employers to track effectiveness and results that employees bring the company through social media.
- Click Here Or Else: The Evolution of Chain Emails
The notion of “share or else” is still alive and well. Columnist Jason Warnock explains how marketers can leverage it to identify brand influencers.
- Spotted: Facebook Trending News Displaying Multiple News Categories
A test spotted in the wild shows Facebook’s Trending News acting as newspaper with specific sections — all while still maintaining the hottest news above the fold.
- Report: Smartphones Reach Nearly 77 Percent Penetration In US
On Friday comScore released its latest US smartphone market-share data (February 2015).
- Boost Mobile Turns to Vine And YouTube With Creepy #ComeToData Videos
The prepaid phone player knows you check your phone in the bathroom, and, in its new campaign, reassures viewers that this practice is perfectly acceptable.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Panda & Penguin Lack Real-Time Updates, Despite Google’s Past Statements
- Google Japan Ordered To Remove Negative Reviews Based On Thin Evidence
- Noteworthy, No Hype – What to Expect at SMX Advanced in Seattle
- How Search Engines Process Links
- Bing Revamps Mobile Home Page Adding Swipe Up For Popular Topics & Settings
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Data-driven marketing: What speedbumps are slowing our progress?, www.mycustomer.com
- Move into the Limitless World of Clickstream Data Analysis!, www.blastam.com
Blogs & Blogging
- More Blog Traffic: 6 Comment and Expensive Mistakes, www.razorsocial.com
- Marissa Mayer Shuffles Yahoo Leadership Team, New York Times
- 5 Ways to Use Adaptive Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Content vs. Advertising: Is There Really A Debate?, www.toprankblog.com
- Has the Content Glut Killed Content Engagement?, mackcollier.com
- How Content Promotion Works, blog.bufferapp.com
- How Marketers Brainstorm and Use Content Ideas, www.marketingprofs.com
- Is Time Really the Problem? Break the Bottlenecks in Content Production, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Maximize Your Content Creation Efficiency, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Writing Content for a Boring Industry? No Problem, www.bruceclay.com
- 4 Guiding Lights for Content that Converts, blog.crazyegg.com
- Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself With A/B Testing, unbounce.com
- Don’t Overlook Conversion Attribution, adexchanger.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 20 Ways to Write a Call to Action, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Keep your Site Fast for Mobile-Friendly, moz.com
- Why This Apple Guy Believes in Google’s Material Design, uxmag.com
- World Domain Day 2015 Industry Award Winners, www.thedomains.com
- A million sales reps will lose their jobs to e-commerce by 2020, www.internetretailer.com
- Alibaba teams up with Bigcommerce to match buyers and suppliers, www.internetretailer.com
- As Vertical Marketplaces Rise, Craigslist Faces Its Demise, TechCrunch
- Etsy updates app for easier shopping and spending, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- What do eBay’s lagging marketplace sales mean for retailers?, www.internetretailer.com
- 3 Ways to Come Up with Email Ideas that Your Readers Will Love, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 4 Lessons Game of Thrones Can Teach You About Email Marketing, www.verticalresponse.com
- 6 Experts Share Their Enterprise Email Marketing Strategies, blog.movableink.com
- Email Hashing: What Could Go Wrong?, adexchanger.com
- How to Get People to Open Your Email, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to get the best results from your growing email list, myemma.com
- How to Grow an Email List, www.jeffbullas.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Marketing Hacks for the Struggling Startup, blog.kissmetrics.com
- The Rise (and Fall) of the Lazy Marketer, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- BrainSell, Faye Business Systems Group, Levementum and W-Systems Join the Act-On Software Consulting Partner Program, press.act-on.com
- Nielsen Appoints Harish Peri SVP of Product Marketing, www.nielsen.com
- Marketing technology is eating the customer journey, venturebeat.com
- Stepping Back to See the Big MarTech Picture, www.cmswire.com
- A Marketer’s Guide To Going Mobile, blog.marketo.com
- Apps are key to a meaningful user-centric mobile strategy, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- First Data Wants to Turn Its Payment Empire Into a Local Marketing Juggernaut, streetfightmag.com
- Is Apple Watch the Product that Defines the Wearable Market?, localu.org
- Mobile Beats Desktop for Ad Viewability, www.emarketer.com
- Twitter Is Pushing Celebrities And Publishers To Stop Using Meerkat, TechCrunch
- 4 LinkedIn Strategies to Boost Your Personal Brand, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Social Media Takeaways for Small Business Marketers from #SMMW15, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 7 Mistakes That Will Make People Unfollow You on Twitter, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Better Branding with Hashtags, www.compukol.com
- Clorox’s Twitter backlash shows perils of content for content’s sake, econsultancy.com
- Community Manager vs. Social Media Manager, www.searchenginejournal.com
- DNT Isn’t Dead; Twitter Closes The Data Gates, adexchanger.com
- Game of Social: Brands welcome the new ‘Game of Thrones’ season, digiday.com
- Hillary Clinton’s 2016 Launch Tweet Nabbed 3 Million Views In One Hour, Bloomberg
- How Maybelline Used Instagram Influencers to Boost the #DareToNeon Campaign, simplymeasured.com
- How to Set Up Facebook Dynamic Product Ads, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Is Twitter losing ground for social TV engagements?, www.mobilemarketer.com
- Let Your Social Collaboration Use Cases Lead the Way, www.cmswire.com
- Tweet This! How to Tweet Quotes: Tools and WordPress Plugins for Tweetable Quotes, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Twitter Phone Verification At Odds With Internet Anonymity, www.adweek.com
- Understanding Audience Expansion with LinkedIn Ads, blog.adstage.io
- 5 Quick Tips for Using Periscope, Twitter’s New Live Video Streaming App, HubSpot
- 7 Ways to Use Video to Boost Your Social Media Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Agency Arms Race Grows for Video Production, adage.com
- Bringing Programmatic Video Everywhere, adexchanger.com
- Digital Video Better Be up to Millennials’ Standards, www.emarketer.com
- How to Use YouTube Cards for Mobile Interaction, www.takeflyte.com
- Periscope Proves Great for Intimacy But Bad for Sharing, www.adweek.com
- VideoBlocks Launches New Stock Video Marketplace, Pays 100% Commission To Content Creators, techcrunch.com
- Welcome to the Video Revolution, adage.com
- Will YouTube’s Paid Subscription Constrain Video Supply?, adexchanger.com
- YouTube Tests New Video Player for Desktop, googlesystem.blogspot.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.