Marketing Day: Top 10 video creators, ultimate AdWords quiz & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Microsoft’s user-response Pulse platform now supports on-demand video
Apr 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
Moving beyond live transmissions, the free Pulse can serve as a more versatile tool for video-based marketing or education.
- Five tips to improve the reach and impact of your social content
Apr 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Distribution is one of the biggest challenges for brands that create content. This tipsheet from Falcon Social has five strategic best practices that will help your content get more reach (and reach the right people), based on lessons from leading brands’ distribution strategies.
- Top 10 video creators in March: BuzzFeed Tasty ranks No. 1 for 4th month in a row
Apr 19, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The top four video creators in March all generated more than a billion views across YouTube, Facebook, Vine and Instagram.
- The Ultimate AdWords Extension Quiz
Apr 19, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Think you’re a pro when it comes to AdWords Extensions? Prove it! This 20-question quiz by columnist Pauline Jakober will put your knowledge to the test.
- Is a local SEO campaign like a sitcom?
Apr 19, 2016 by Jenny Foster
Strong local SEO is no laughing matter, but columnist Jenny Foster discusses how local search campaigns and sitcoms follow a surprisingly similar formula.
- Beacon marketers have new ways around app download requirement
Apr 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google’s Eddystone can send notifications to the mobile browser, while beacon-app networks are being created.
- YouTube launches 360-degree live videos & adds spatial audio for on-demand videos
Apr 19, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
YouTube says its latest features create a more “immersive” video experience.
- Composition of an online reputation dream team
Apr 19, 2016 by Chris Silver Smith
If you’re hit with an online reputation attack, you’ll need the best possible team of professionals on your side. Columnist Chris Silver Smith outlines a list of specialists who can help you get the results you need.
- 4 ways to improve your email marketing production process
Apr 19, 2016 by Chad White
Is it time to update your email production workflow? Columnist Chad White shares key areas to focus on to help you speed things up and boost your email program.
- Unifying the customer experience across channels
Apr 18, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Customer expectations are increasingly difficult to satisfy. Influenced by engagement levels of exceptional brands, customers expect more than ever before. More personalization. More product options. More ways to communicate. More value for their money. To meet these escalating expectations, marketing executives are making aggressive new investments in technologies, products, channels, content and partnerships.
- Majority of users frustrated by disruptive ads, aware of ad blocking [Survey]
Apr 18, 2016 by Greg Sterling
84 percent of respondents in global consumer survey said ad interruptions were too frequent.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google drove 95 percent of US smartphone paid search clicks in Q1 [Merkle]
- Learn how to optimize your martech stack with “The Enterprise Guide to Marketing Technology”
- Now you can capture Order IDs to mitigate double-conversion counting in AdWords
- Forecast says SEO-related spending will be worth $80 billion by 2020
- Thinking smarter: Take your SEO work to the next level
- How to check if you’ve screwed up your AdWords account
- As search changes, Google changes
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Many National-to-Local Marketers Use Home-Grown Management and Analytics Tools, streetfightmag.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Blogging Infographics to Achieve “All-Star Blogger” Status, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Things Beginning Bloggers Struggle With the Most, www.blogherald.com
- EU’s Google Probe Focuses on Preloaded Apps, Wall Street Journal
- Former Apple CEO John Sculley’s views of leadership changed when he met Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, qz.com
- New data: Americans are abandoning wired home Internet, Washington Post
- Yahoo bidders are few and far between, but include Verizon, TPG and a gang of exes, recode.net
- 2 Key Traits of Content That “Breaks the Internet”, www.adweek.com
- 3 Great Storytelling Tips for Compelling Customers, www.toprankblog.com
- 3 Unthinkable Behaviors Behind Creative Content Marketers, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 40 Headlines: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, www.copypress.com
- 5 Core Content Types Every Marketer Needs To Succeed, heidicohen.com
- 6 Tips to Improve Content Marketing for Entrepreneurs, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Attraction Content: The Foundation of a Smart Content Marketing Strategy, www.copyblogger.com
- Content Marketing: How to Find Topics, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Content Marketing: How to help subject matter experts come up with blog topics, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Content Preferences of Millennial B2B Buyers, www.marketingprofs.com
- From Branded Content to Content Brands, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How Can You Be Sure Your Content Marketing is Working?, ignitevisibility.com
- How to Match Your Content Strategy with the Buyers’ Journey, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Why Advertisers Should Skip the Ads and Start Telling Stories, www.adweek.com
- How to Improve Your Conversion Rate By 50% in One Day, blog.kissmetrics.com
- The Impact Of Segmentation On Conversions – Handy Guide For Marketers, www.searchenginepeople.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 7 Questions You Can Expect In Your First UX Design Interview, usabilitygeek.com
- Design Or Get Undesigned, www.smashingmagazine.com
- The Ultimate Responsive Logo Reacts To The Sound Of Your Voice, www.fastcodesign.com
- .sucks “gag order” dropped, approved, domainincite.com
- Facebook, under Chinese court threat, transfers Instagram.com to its new registrar, domainincite.com
- eBay Enterprise merges with Innotrac to become ecommerce operations giant Radial, venturebeat.com
- How to Improve Shopping Performance with Segmentation, insights.marinsoftware.com
- Unlock Amazon’s Buy Box with the power of data, econsultancy.com
- Enhancing the Delivery Rates of Your Emails: The 5 Best Ways, www.martechadvisor.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Customer Marketing Strategies that Help Keep Our Clients Happy, www.wordstream.com
- 5 Reasons Why Your Digital Marketing Sucks, www.problogger.net
- Anatomy of a Rebrand (Part 3 of 3): Six Tips for Successfully Launching Your New Brand, www.marketingprofs.com
- Enterprise marketers must tightly choose the focus of their website, www.searchengineguide.com
- How brands can work with influencers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Influencer Marketing: It’s all about the audience, econsultancy.com
- Is Your Growth Marketing Plan Ignoring Brand Building?, blog.crazyegg.com
- Psychological Backfiring: What No One Tells You About Neuromarketing, conversionxl.com
- The Shocking ROI of Influencer Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- HyprMX’s Dan Laughlin Promoted to General Manager, Senior Vice President, www.marketwired.com
- The Brave New World of Technology: What Comes After the Bots, www.cmswire.com
- 10 Amazing Results from SMS Text Marketing, smallbiztrends.com
- Android Security 2015 Annual Report, security.googleblog.com
- 4 Social Media Marketing Strategies for Startups, simplymeasured.com
- 7 Tips for Marketers to Get Started with Snapchat, www.toprankblog.com
- Dissection of a Facebook Spammer and What You Can Learn From It, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Carousel Content: How to Make Your Posts and Ads Stand Out, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook Partners With 3 Companies to Improve Its Verification of Ad Metrics, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Remarketing Explained – 4 Steps to Increase Your ROI, www.searchinfluence.com
- How Emojis Can Make Your Social Media Followers, www.verticalmeasures.com
- How to Double Your Social Engagement With Images, www.convinceandconvert.com
- LinkedIn doubles down on Recruiter, its big revenue generator, with a major update, techcrunch.com
- Our fastest, cleanest app yet, blog.pinterest.com
- Our First Facebook Canvas Campaigns: What We Learned, 3qdigital.com
- Social Media From Your Couch, and Other Tips For Managing 100+ Social Profiles, blog.bufferapp.com
- The Secret Recipe for Using Social Effectively to Launch a Product, www.martechadvisor.com
- Which Social Media Network Should You Focus On?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- ‘VR isn’t scalable’: Bursting the in-store digital tech bubble, digiday.com
- Facebook’s video-piracy crackdown means ads are coming, digiday.com
- Google Wants to Prove Its Video Ads Drive Offline Sales for Brands, www.adweek.com
- Key Takeaway From F8 Conference: Make Video Shareable, adage.com
- Report: 30-Second Video Ads Foster Deeper Audience Connection, www.adweek.com
- Showing how YouTube ads drive sales for CPG brands with Oracle Data Cloud, adwords.blogspot.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.