Marketing Day: Top 10 video creators, IAB’s schema standard & Pin Collective
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- SEO is not dead; it’s just a shape-shifter
Oct 20, 2016 by Stephan Spencer
Columnist Stephan Spencer talks about how search engine optimization has changed over the years, noting that it’s still very much alive — just vastly different from the way it once was.
- Connect audience insight to your SEO strategy
Oct 20, 2016 by Chris Liversidge
Columnist Chris Liversidge believes that audience enrichment data is key to making better optimization decisions and that search marketers should be ready to engage with an audience-led strategy.
- Top 10 video creators in September: UNILAD holds at No. 1 for 3 months in a row
Oct 20, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Not much changed from August to September with UNILAD, The Lad Bible, Tasty and Viral Thread keeping the top four spots.
- 10 skills genius online marketers have
Oct 20, 2016 by Jayson DeMers
Great marketers aren’t necessarily born that way. Columnist Jayson DeMers believes that by developing the 10 skills below, anyone can be successful.
- IAB releases schema standard for dynamic content ads
Oct 20, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The standard is aimed at making programmatic personalized ads a reality across devices and ad formats.
- Research: location a primary buying consideration for 43 percent of consumers
Oct 20, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Survey identifies “primary” and “secondary” consumer purchase considerations.
- Kontakt.io launches first beacon-only physical showroom
Oct 20, 2016 by Barry Levine
The Berlin-based facility offers iPads, beacons, and applications so that visitors can experience the range of uses for the location-based tech.
- 5 fundamentals of digital advertising every marketer should know
Oct 20, 2016 by Patrick Armitage
As questions of transparency continue to plague digital advertising, columnist Patrick Armitage puts together a list of five key points to consider when navigating the digital ad landscape.
- Which came first, the mobile app or the audience?
Oct 20, 2016 by Rob Rasko
In the mobile app development world, the role of traditional advertising is murky. Columnist Rob Rasko explains how marketers and app developers can get on the same page.
- Fueled by the Audience Network, Facebook advertisers saw higher Q3 spends & returns
Oct 20, 2016 by Greg Finn
A new study from Nanigans shows that Facebook continues to bulk up ad offerings and advertisers continue to pay up and see results.
- Pinterest announces Pin Collective, connecting businesses with content creators
Oct 20, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Pinterest’s Pin Collective creates production shops for big brands, pairing them with power users of the service, saving time and driving real results. Win-win.
- True marketing automation is predicting a customer’s next move, not reacting to a moment
Oct 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Learn how to make data the core competence of your marketing department.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing for Advertisers LinkedIn Video Course Is Out, www.amnavigator.com
- Adobe Updates Analysis Workspace to Improve Analytic Visualizations, www.cmswire.com
- The five fundamentals of data-driven marketing, econsultancy.com
Blogs & Blogging
- What To Do When You Start Blogging With Zero Backlinks, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Why Social Sharing Buttons Might Not Be Needed on Your Blog, dannybrown.me
- Apple Wants to Get Inside Your House Before You Buy It, www.bloomberg.com
- LinkedIn says hacking suspect is tied to breach that stole 117M passwords, arstechnica.com
- How to Engage Your Customers in Creating User-Generated Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Turn Research Into 27+ Content Pieces, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Importance of Storytelling in Content Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- Video Is Increasingly Important in Content Marketing, www.adweek.com
- What Does A Trustworthy News Article Really Look Like? 16 Pro Tips, blog.crazyegg.com
- 10 Reasons Your Site Is Preventing Conversions Right Now, www.wordstream.com
- How Are Brands Hoping to Boost Conversions?, www.emarketer.com
- How to Operationalize Your Customer Journey Map, www.marketingprofs.com
- How You Count Conversions Matters: Advocating for Transparency, www.martechadvisor.com
- So You Want to Create Content That Actually Converts?, www.komarketingassociates.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 8 Tips to Craft Compelling Copywriting For Your Mobile Visitors, www.jeffbullas.com
- Designing For B2B Vs. B2C Websites, usabilitygeek.com
- How to Brand Your Company Through Your Copy, www.marketingwords.com
- Icons As Part Of A Great User Experience, www.smashingmagazine.com
- .Blog Gets Almost 950 Domain Registrations In The Sunrise Period, www.thedomains.com
- Will more registrars stop supporting certain new gtlds?, www.thedomains.com
- Combining Abandoned Cart Messaging and Product Recommendations, blog.mailchimp.com
- Cross-Border Ecommerce Booms in China, multichannelmerchant.com
- EBay continues shift to “Amazon-esque” business, techcrunch.com
- EBay’s ‘unspectacular quarter’ causes shares to drop 8%, www.retaildive.com
- How e-retailers can set themselves apart from Amazon, www.internetretailer.com
- Prepare now to handle peak holiday online volume, www.internetretailer.com
- The top four e-commerce elements to A/B test, www.internetretailer.com
- 7 Top-Performing Unbounce Marketing Emails to Copy, Paste & Customize, unbounce.com
- Email Marketing Is Alive and Well, www.copypress.com
- The Dos and Don’ts of Email Delivery, www.verticalresponse.com
- The Role of Email Marketing in 2017 : A Conversation with the CMO of MailChimp, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Ways Influencers can Turbocharge Your Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- CMOs Are Daring Each Other to Foster the Next Generation of Marketing Talent, www.adweek.com
- Gary Vaynerchuk Implores Industry to Wake Up, adage.com
- Is Influencer Marketing the Future of Marketing?, www.martechadvisor.com
- Top Marketers Tackle Bias for ROI Gain, venturebeat.com
- Turn your online customer into a brand ambassador, yoast.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- AerServ Partners With Unreel.me As Exclusive Connected TV Mediation Platform, Market Wired
- Hootsuite Surpasses 15 Million Users, Hosts World’s Largest Online Social Media Conference, for Free, hootsuite.com
- 10 Technology Trends That Will Drive Your Digital Business in 2017, www.cmswire.com
- 5 Marketing Technology Tips to Help SMBs Plan for the Future, www.cmswire.com
- Building Blocks: Reid Genauer, CMO at Magisto Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- Q3 Investscape: Martech Sails Slow Yet Steady Through July-August-September with $2834.6 Million in Funding, www.martechadvisor.com
- The good, the bad and the bro-bots of ad tech, digiday.com
- The Story About AI In Ad Tech Is Mostly Fiction, adexchanger.com
- 3 Ways to Improve Map Visualisations on Mobile, www.distilled.net
- 4 bases to cover on mobile surveys, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Here We Grow: Four Tips to Scale Localized Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Location Data Influences Consumer Buying Decisions, streetfightmag.com
- Mobile Display Is The Future…Know Your Ad Types, www.ppchero.com
- On Mobile, Interstitials Get Attention, but Few Second Looks, www.emarketer.com
- The state of UK mobile ad spend in 5 charts, digiday.com
- Shutterstock Officially Launches Editor With Four New Features to Make Design Easier for Small Business Owners, smallbiztrends.com
- 12 Ways to Increase Revenue by Ensuring Visitors Trust your Site, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How To Make Your Brand “Likable” and Win More Revenue, conversionxl.com
- ‘They have the advantage’: What Snapchat’s new deal means for media, digiday.com
- 11 Ways to Grow Your Snapchat Following, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Add Products to Facebook Dynamic Ads via URL, www.adweek.com
- Facebook ads pay off for retailers in Q3, www.internetretailer.com
- Hyperpartisan Facebook Pages Are Publishing False And Misleading Information At An Alarming Rate, www.buzzfeed.com
- Instagram Stories get mixed reviews from marketers, digiday.com
- Snapchat Is Changing Its Revenue Model, adexchanger.com
- The Benefits of Facebook’s Preferred Audience Tool, simplymeasured.com
- Bringing 360 Videos and Photos into Instant Articles, media.fb.com
- Live Video is King: How To Use It Without Going Broke, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Meet the YouTube Directors App Newest Template: Elections, www.blog.google
- Subaru Partners With BuzzFeed on Facebook Live Videos, adage.com