Marketing Day: Top 10 video creators, Facebook Shoppable Feed ads & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Growing your agency with retainer-based relationships
Feb 15, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Uncover some of the secrets behind building successful, ongoing relationships with clients – including leveraging marketing automation. In this white paper from Sharp Spring, you will: hear about the many benefits of retainer-based business; get tips on how to approach client relationships; and learn how to identify which clients are a good fit.
- Top 10 video creators in January: Unilad & The LAD Bible keep the lead, both driving 4B+ views
Feb 15, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
According to Tubular Insights, the top 100 video brands and creators generated a combined 67.3 billion views last month.
- Marketers, think outside the list
Feb 15, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
Columnist Jose Cebrian believes it’s time to think of customer data as an “audience” instead of a “list,” but it will require meaningful measurement of that data and navigation of a multitude of tools.
- How to use psychological principles to improve ad copy
Feb 15, 2017 by Jason Puckett
Columnist Jason Puckett explains how you can apply knowledge about human behavior to improve ad copy and increase click-through rate.
- Seasonal and holiday link building
Feb 15, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
It’s not too early to start thinking about Valentine’s Day 2018! Columnist Andrew Dennis explains how to structure a link-building campaign for success during crucial seasonal periods and provides an outline for preparing 12 months in advance.
- How to spice up your TrueView audience strategy on YouTube
Feb 15, 2017 by Anna Shirley
Columnist Anna Shirley provides tips for enhancing your YouTube video ads using some new (and not-so-new) AdWords features.
- Forrester: Virtual Reality is not yet ready for marketers
Feb 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
The research firm says it’s at least five years from being a mass consumer medium, although augmented reality, 360-degree video and mixed reality are acting as stepping stones.
- PullString now allows marketers to choose their intent engine
Feb 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
The bot conversation platform says it’s the first to allow this kind of selection.
- Improving the social shopping experience: Facebook Shoppable Feed ads
Feb 15, 2017 by Laura Collins
Facebook recently started testing product ads that let retailers showcase multi-product imagery within the news feed. Contributor Laura Collins takes a look at the format and explains why it’s time for your brand to hop on board.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Pinpointing the Magic CX Metric That Drives Growth, CMS Wire
- Study: Number of Marketers Who Still Don’t Use Data Now Just One in 10, eMarketer
- Where Does Analytics Fit Into Your Customer Experience?, Kiss Metrics
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Steps to Building Influence Through a Guest Blogger Program, Convince and Convert
- Why Businesses Need the Human Element in Their Copy, CopyPressed
- Yelp launches new feature for asking and answering questions about any business, TechCrunch
- Amazon has bookstore win, grocery loss in Bay Area retail push, San Francisco Chronicle
- Instagram Seeks Engineering Staff, Wall Street Journal
- Twitter fights for disclosure of national security letters, TechCrunch
- Yahoo issues new warning of potential email account breach, Associated Press
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Researching Content Marketing Solutions, Contently
- 7 Ways to Accelerate Your Content Review and Approval, Content Marketing Institute
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 49 Elements Your Product Detail Page Must Have, Multichannel Marketer
- Data-Driven Optimization: How The Moneyball Method Can Deliver Increased Revenues, VWO Blog
- The Realities Of User Experience Design Within The Luxury Industry, Smashing Magazine
- User Research Benchmarks and Trends: When, How & Why, MarketingProfs
- Amazon launches new Amazon Chime service on a .brand top level domain name, Domain Name Wire
- The languages of new top level domains, Domain Name Wire
- Ecommerce Spending Increases 18% to $109.3 Billion in Q4 2016, Multichannel Marketer
- How To Make Your WordPress Theme WooCommerce Compatible, WPExplorer
- The 5 Key Wireless Shopping Moments Brands Should Win, Think with Google
- This Reseller Shows Incredible Potential of eBay Businesses, Small Biz Trends
- How to Drive Customer Retention with Email Marketing, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Steps to Market to a New Vertical, Marketo
- A day in the life of… a Chief Media Officer, Econsultancy
- Lowdown: New Report: CMOs Have Half the Tenure of CEOs, AdAge
- The newbie’s glossary of misunderstood digital marketing jargon, Econsultancy
Internet Marketing Industry
- AdTheorent® Receives Strategic Growth Investment from H.I.G. Growth Partners and Positions for Continued High Growth, Business Wire
- ROKT Closes Series ’B’ Funding Round with $15 Million Led by Moelis, PR Newswire
- Building Blocks: Jeremy Allen, Senior Director of Business Development at Digital Success Talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- What’s Next for the Marketing Technology Landscape in 2017, eMarketer
- Why Automating Omni-Channel Should Top Marketer’s 2017 Resolutions, MarTech Advisor
- 10 tricks that will make your Facebook Messenger bot addictive, VentureBeat
- Better galleries and forms in AMP, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
- Grabbing the attention of potential customers and engaging existing ones on mobile, Mobile Commerce Daily
- How Google’s chief doodler is shaping Google Assistant’s personality, VentureBeat
- 12 Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2017 From the Pros, Social Media Examiner
- A Reference Guide to Marketing On All Social Channels, Social Media Explorer
- Facebook appeals to Texas reporters during local journalism roadshow, Columbia Journalism Review
- Say Yes to the Pin: Pinterest Users Save 900 Million Wedding-Related Pins Every Year, Adweek
- The Truth About How Often to Post in Social Media, Convince and Convert
- Up Your Social Media Game With This Handy Reference Guide: The When, How, and Where of Social Posting, Search Influence
- What Is the Real Cost of Instagram Influence?, Adweek
- Why Snapchat misses the influencer mark, for now, Digiday
- 2017: The Year Of Video Ads, PPC Hero
- Beauty on YouTube: Brands, Influencers and the Millennial Woman, Tubular Insights
- Live Periscope Videos Have Been Added to Twitter’s Explore Tab, Adweek
- Making Videos for Social Media: Do’s and Don’ts, Search Engine People
- The Live Blog: February 14, 2017, Facebook Media
- Video Ad Spending on the Rise in China, eMarketer