Marketing Day: The Ad Blocker Landscape, A B2C Content Marketing Report & Pinterest Place Pins
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Predictive Marketer EverString Now Does Predictive Advertising
Oct 14, 2015 by Barry Levine
Firm also announces mega-round of $65 million, plus new survey showing marketers want more predictive prospecting.
- Twitter Names Google’s Omid Kordestani Executive Chairman
Oct 14, 2015 by Martin Beck
A day after laying off nearly 8% of its staff, Twitter picks longtime Google executive to lead its board of directors.
- The Ad Blocker Landscape: What You Need To Know Today
Oct 14, 2015 by Barry Levine
About 16 percent of US users block ads, although the iOS blockers appear to be dropping in popularity.
- SocialPro Rates Increase Saturday — Save $200
Oct 14, 2015 by Marketing Land
Connect with the experts at Marketing Land’s SocialPro. You’ll learn actionable tactics that deliver measurable results. Secure your spot before early bird rates expire this Saturday! Speakers from savvy brands and agencies will share paid, earned and owned social media strategies that attract fans and followers, increase sales and deliver ROI.
- The Messy, Mappable World Of Influence
Oct 14, 2015 by Azeem Azhar
As interest in influencer marketing grows, columnist Azeem Azhar explores what makes someone influential and how you can measure those characteristics.
- B2C Content Marketing Report: 94% Of Marketers Use Facebook, But Only 66% Rate It Effective
Oct 14, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Content Marketing Institute’s latest report lists Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as the most popular social platforms for distributing content.
- Increased CTRs Just The Beginning For Facebook Dynamic Product Ads
Oct 14, 2015 by Andrew Waber
Columnist Andrew Waber highlights real-world uses of Facebook’s Dynamic Product Ads to share insight into how you can take advantage of this new product.
- Introducing MarTech Today: Your Home & Daily Read For Marketing Technology
Oct 14, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
With expanded coverage and a daily newsletter, Marketing Land’s new MarTech Today section keeps you updated on marketing technology news.
- Facebook Pushes Back Against European Privacy Onslaught
Oct 14, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Facing increasingly emboldened data protection regulators in Europe and a recent judicial setback concerning cross-border data transfers, Facebook appears to be taking a more aggressive stance on privacy and digital identity.
- App Store Ratings: A Single Star Jump Can Mean 340% More Downloads
Oct 14, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Given the data about app engagement, much is at stake in the success or failure of a marketer’s mobile app. App users spend more time and money and are generally more loyal customers than non-app users (though there’s a bit of a chicken-and-egg issue here).
- Pinterest Place Pins Now Allow Customers To Contact & Find Local Retailers
Oct 13, 2015 by Martin Beck
iPhone and iPad users can call or get directions with one tap within Place Pins, of which Pinterest says there are now 7 billion.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Has Discontinued Its Support For Its AJAX Crawling Scheme
- Bing Just Made Finding Recipes Easier With Its New Recipe Badge
- Meet A Landy Award Winner: How iProspect Raised Chevrolet Performance Site Traffic 20% To Win Best Overall SEO Initiative
- Meet A Landy Winner: How Point It Won Best Overall Enterprise SEM Initiative For Its Microsoft Store Campaign
- Decoding Keywords To Forecast Marketing Opportunities
- Achieve Holiday Zen Through The Art Of Paid Search Planning
- Google Working On Fixing Problem With Wix Websites Not Showing Up In Search Results
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Window Sector Spotlight – The Furniture Sector, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- How to Build an Affiliate Website using WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- An Analytics-Driven Culture: Imperative For The Modern Marketer, adexchanger.com
- Centralized Analytics Teams: Get the Most Business Impact Out of Your Analytics, www.e-nor.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 Things Google Wants to See on Your Blog, www.blogtyrant.com
- How to Find Profitable Guest Post Opportunities, blog.impactana.com
- Where Are They Now? Google Acquisition Edition, TechCrunch
- The tech industry’s “diversity” focus favors one group over pretty much any other, qz.com
- B2B Content Marketing Versus B2C Content Marketing, heidicohen.com
- Branded Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- For Content, Don’t Get Customers to Listen, Get Them to Care, adage.com
- How Events Fuel the Content Marketing Fire, www.cmswire.com
- What Does it Take to Create Great Content?, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- 4 Ways to Make Your Call-to-Action Buttons More Effective, blogs.constantcontact.com
- The One Page Story: Design Strategies for Creating Compelling Landing Pages, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- U.S. Web Design Standards: Guidelines For a Better User Experience, www.usertesting.com
- Andruff fuming after ICANN leadership snub, domainincite.com
- Check It Out! Google Adds More Domain Names, smallbiztrends.com
- XYZ is trending…in .com, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon closes its Destinations travel service, www.seattletimes.com
- Emojis Help Consumers Communicate, www.emarketer.com
- Four ways to encourage more positive online customer reviews, econsultancy.com
- How Ecommerce Companies Prepare For The Make-Or-Break Holiday Season, adexchanger.com
- How You Can Profit from Personalizing Content on Your Ecommerce Store, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- LivingSocial Lays Off 200, 20% Of Staff, As It Shifts From Deals To “Experiences”, techcrunch.com
- PayPal users get free returns in their holiday stockings, www.internetretailer.com
- Shopify partners with Uber to ensure same-day delivery, www.reuters.com
- Social Engagement for Ecommerce: How to Build, Measure, Improve, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Venky Harinarayan On E-Commerce And Focus, techcrunch.com
- 7 awesome ways to build your customer email database, myemma.com
- It’s a mobile world in email. Don’t forget the preview pane., blog.movableink.com
- The Email Experience Audit: Why You Need One, www.silverpop.com
General Internet Marketing
- Essential Skills for Modern Marketers, www.toprankblog.com
- Report: 75% of Marketers Are Using Influencer Marketing, www.adweek.com
- The Most Dangerous Word for Digital Marketers, www.lunametrics.com
- What Microsoft’s $900 Million Mistake Can Teach You About Marketing Messaging, blog.kissmetrics.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- AerServ Announces 300% Increase in In-App Mobile Video Sales, www.marketwired.com
- Moonraft Expands its Footprint to the U.S., Opens New Office in Seattle, www.ireachcontent.com
- Nicho Takes Social Commerce to Next Level With Launch of ‘Buy’ Button for User-Generated Content, www.marketwired.com
- PulsePoint Launches RTB Mobile Marketplace, www.mediapost.com
- Marketers Are Working on Their Relationships with IT, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile is not a neutral platform, ben-evans.com
- Stop Trying to Force an App Down My Throat, www.cmswire.com
- Why retail marketers should jump on the mobile app install ads trend, www.retaildive.com
- You Can’t Buy Loyalty with Mobile Users, adage.com
- 5 Reasons You Should Be Advertising on Facebook, www.wordstream.com
- Cosmo is getting 3 million readers a day on Snapchat Discover, digiday.com
- Facebook ad specs: the comprehensive guide, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook lets you filter bad memories out of your nostalgia, www.theverge.com
- Facebook’s model for commerce isn’t Amazon, it’s Alibaba, qz.com
- How to Properly Use Hashtags on Instagram for Growth, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Introducing a new LinkedIn Groups experience and iOS app, blog.linkedin.com
- The Hack to Try Facebook Reactions Before Anyone Else, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Today, we’re excited to launch the new @instagramforbusiness account, blog.business.instagram.com
- Twitter’s new executive chairman has only tweeted 11 times, qz.com
- What Celebrities Can Teach Companies About Social Media, www.wsj.com
- What Facebook ‘Reactions’ Will Mean for Savvy Marketers, adage.com
- When Instagram Culture Ruins a Vacation, www.wsj.com
- 6 Killer Tips to Make Your Custom Thumbnails Pop, www.reelseo.com
- A marketer’s guide to Instagram video, econsultancy.com
- Ace Metrix Releases the Top Video Ads of the Third Quarter, www.acemetrix.com
- From Teens to Adults, Everyone’s Now Watching Online Video as Much as TV, www.adweek.com
- How Long Are The Most Shared Facebook Videos?, blog.newswhip.com
- Top Brands Rediscovering YouTube: New Research, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.