Marketing Day: Snapchat vertical video ads, AdRoll Pro & Facebook’s earnings report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How Google assesses the ‘authority’ of web pages
May 4, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Google has no single authority metric but rather uses a bucket of signals to determine authority on a page-by-page basis.
- Snapchat rolls out self-serve platform for its vertical video ads
May 4, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat Ad Manager will become officially available next month and feature all of Snapchat’s targeting options but only work for its Snap Ads.
- AdRoll adds tools for agencies with new pro version
May 4, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
AdRoll Pro for Agencies also offers multi-client display and social campaign management.
- The keys to activating content across multiple channels
May 4, 2017 by Jim Yu
Are you getting the most out of your content? Columnist Jim Yu offers tips on how to develop content that can make an impact and drive results across channels.
- mParticle launches a second-party data marketplace
May 4, 2017 by Barry Levine
A kind of ‘universal API’ so brands can send their data to 150 tools, mParticle is now allowing brands to share their audience data.
- 10 common mistakes companies make with mobile
May 4, 2017 by Aaron Strout
Are you doing mobile the right way? Columnist Aaron Strout outlines the top errors companies make with their mobile experiences and explains how you can avoid them.
- The most important thing to know about Facebook’s ad load problem
May 3, 2017 by Tim Peterson
When Facebook’s CFO talks about a maxed-out ad load slowing advertising revenue growth, he’s only referring to Facebook’s news feed ad load.
- Facebook’s Q1 2017 earnings report in 6 charts
May 3, 2017 by Tim Peterson
The numbers that matter from Facebook’s latest quarterly earnings report and what they say about the social network’s ad business.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- App Store Sources and App Referrer Data Now Available, Apple Developer
- Amazon and EU Reach Settlement Over E-Book Contracts, Wall Street Journal
- Drone home: Amazon to triple R&D staff at Cambridge base, The Guardian
- Google Agrees to Pay Italy $334 Million in Back Taxes, New York Times
- 5 Ways to Crush Content Marketing on Any Budget, Simply Measured
- Customizing Your Content for Your Readers Easily, Compukol
- Updating Your Editorial Calendar, CopyPressed
- Use This Simple (& Fun) Tool to Design Your Content Marketing Message Architecture, Content Marketing Institute
- A Beginner’s Guide to CRO A/B Testing, 3Q Digital
- How to Expand Your Reach and Drive More Conversions on LinkedIn, The AdStage Blog
- How to Get Organizational Buy-in for Conversion Optimization, ConversionXL
- What’s a Good B2B Conversion Rate in 2017?, The AdStage Blog
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- The Real Effects Of Bad Web Design, Usability Geek
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Countries with Weird TLD Habits, Domain Name Wire
- Amazon lowers prices for some of its reserved instance types by up to 21%, TechCrunch
- Amazon Optimization: 10 Quick Tests to Improve Rankings, Traffic & Sales, Marketing Words Blog
- Ecommerce Marketing: Paid, Earned, Shared, Owned, Practical Ecommerce
- How to Use Instagram for your Ecommerce Business & Be Smart About It, Crazy Egg
- Instagram Influencer Marketing in Ecommerce: Three Steps, Shopify Plus
- 6 Tips to Make Your Email Newsletter Visually Appealing, VerticalResponse
- Do Right By Your Email Subscribers and They’ll Do Right By You, CMS Wire
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Examples of Great Integrated Marketing Campaigns, Small Biz Trends
- 6 Questions Marketers Need To Answer Before Taking Their Media In-House, AdExchanger
- How Small Digital Publishers Can Grow Their Network and Save Time, Moz
- How to Make an Animated GIF: A Guide for Marketers, Social Media Examiner
- Micro-Moments Are Multiplying – Are You Ready for the Future of Marketing?, Think with Google
- The Cognitive Path of Least Resistance for Today’s Marketers, CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- Bynder Announces Adobe Creative Cloud Integration, Market Wired
- MPP Global Raises £12m ($15M) Series B Investment from Albion Ventures and Grafton Capital, MPP Global
- OpenLink Hires Former IBM Cloud CMO Nancy Pearson as New Chief Marketing Officer, Business Wire
- SourceMedia Launches Social Catalyst: Advanced Social Retargeting On Its Top Trending Content, SourceMedia
- 3 Reasons Why Marketers Are Getting Excited About AI, Marketo
- Adding AI Chatbots To Your Marketing Mix, Search Engine People
- Consorting With The Frenemy: Ad Tech Players Partner For Shared Identity Matching, AdExchanger
- Should Chatbots Be a Part of Your Marketing Strategy?, Duct Tape Marketing
- These Ad-Tech Players Are Teaming Up to Challenge Facebook and Google’s Data Dominance, Adweek
- Boost Mobile Push-Notification Engagement: Use Power Words, MarketingProfs
- Report: Smartphone owners are using 9 apps per day, 30 per month, TechCrunch
- 5 Common Questions People Have About Social Media Marketing, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- 7 Powerful Social Media Techniques to Build Your Brand and Business, Social Media Explorer
- Agencies say new Snapchat self-serve platform will make it more competitive with Facebook, Digiday
- Facebook Just Extended Reactions to Comments, Adweek
- Facebook’s Dreaded Headwinds to Ad Growth Aren’t Here Yet, AdAge
- Google is still updating Allo, adding link previews, chat backups, and group incognito mode, The Verge
- Snapchat Keeps Unique Daily Audience Against Instagram Challenge, Bloomberg
- Snapchat Still Has a Strong Case to Make About Its Audience, AdAge
- Snapchat’s take on TV is very different from Twitter’s, but similarly motivated, TechCrunch
- Social Media Isn’t Hard, Your Company Makes it Hard, Mack Collier
- What’s the New Social Media Skill Set?, Convince and Convert
- 10 Tools to Create Animated Videos for Business, Small Biz Trends
- PSA: YouTube TV’s month-long free trial ends soon, The Verge
- These 4 Stats Show Why Snapchat Users Often Cannot Be Reached on Facebook and YouTube, Adweek
- Will Facebook Use Artificial Intelligence to Help Monitor Facebook Live?, Adweek
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.