Marketing Day: #SMXperts, AdWords strategies & Facebook’s privacy settings bug
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Debra Mastaler on June 8, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Ask the #SMXperts series — Advanced audience targeting
Jun 8, 2018 by Debra Mastaler
In this extended Q&A from SMX West, #SMXperts Jillian Nagle and Ben Wood look at creative ways to create audiences, leverage search and social and prevent customers from going to the competition.
- Advanced AdWords Strategies to Personalize Experiences and Drive Revenue
Jun 8, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Paid search is brutally competitive. Everyone is using the same tactics to drive conversions. How do you separate your AdWords campaigns from your competitors’ to acquire more customers at a lower CPL? The answer is with personalization.
- The big list of political ad policies from leading social & search platforms
Jun 8, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Are you running political ads? Here are all the latest political ad policies from Facebook, Twitter, Google, Snapchat and more.
- IAB Tech Lab unveils a proposed Ads.txt for mobile apps
Jun 8, 2018 by Barry Levine
It’s essentially the same idea, a file on a web domain that lists valid sellers of that property’s ad inventory. But now there’s a pointer to an app-specific one, from an app.
- Facebook says privacy settings for 14M users were switched to public due to bug
Jun 7, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
From May 18 to May 22, 14M users had the audience setting for new status updates changed to public because of a bug, according to Facebook.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Moltin launches first web-based self-checkout at apparel retailer Stance
Jun 8, 2018 by Barry Levine
The companies say this is the first retailer self-checkout that doesn’t require an app download or the use of a store kiosk.
- Google’s new manifesto says AI will be used to benefit society
Jun 8, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The company says it won’t develop AI applications “that cause or are likely to cause overall harm.”
- B2B marketers: Are you a marketing technology ‘investor’ or a ‘buyer?’
Jun 8, 2018 by Scott Vaughan
Your approach to adopting and integrating martech is a key factor in determining its likelihood of success. Contributor Scott Vaughan explains.
- This week in GDPR: TrustArc expands its channel program, Qualys adds new functionality to its SAQ cloud app & more
Jun 8, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
A weekly wrap-up of how companies are adapting to the new General Data Protection Regulation.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Chatbots were the next big thing: what happened?, GrowthBot
- Create More Impactful Video Ads by Customizing Content to Your Audience, Facebook
- How brands can use social media polling, Econsultancy
- Instagram Confirms How the Instagram Algorithm Works, Jenns Trends
- The $1,000 Experiment: Which Facebook Campaign Optimization Type Works Best?, AdEspresso
- What It Takes To Close The Gap Between Strategy And Planning, AdExchanger