Marketing Day: SMX recap, Facebook Messenger updates & notes on AMP
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- SMX Advanced recap: Using Paid Search & Social Together to Deliver the Ultimate Knockout Punch
Jul 1, 2016 by Amy Bishop
Columnist Amy Bishop shares details from a session at SMX Advanced in which panelists discussed how to best collaborate with cross-functional teams to build integrated paid search and paid social strategies.
- How e-commerce SEO matters in strategic redesign of web shops
Jul 1, 2016 by Trond Lyngbø
Looking to (re)launch your e-commerce website? Columnist Trond Lyngbø urges you to involve an SEO expert before you make any decisions.
- 3 doable steps toward always-on, always-relevant marketing
Jul 1, 2016 by Jordan Elkind
Columnist Jordan Elkind says if you want to stay relevant, you need to strive towards always-on, one-to-one marketing to better understand your customers.
- Buying display media in advance or in real-time: What you need to know
Jul 1, 2016 by Grace Kaye
Where should you be investing your marketing resources? Columnist Grace Kaye explains the ins and outs of programmatic to help you understand which buying model is right for you.
- Facebook Messenger Platform gets updated: here’s what you need to know
Jul 1, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook Messenger Platform has been updated, and new resources have been made available to bot developers.
- AMP: Above and beyond
Jun 30, 2016 by Max Prin
Want to know more about Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)? Columnist Max Prin recaps a session from SMX Advanced 2016 featuring John Shehata of Condé Nast and Google’s Rudy Galfi, product manager for the AMP Project.
- Advia launches “all-in-one” marketing system for multiple sensing at physical locations
Jun 30, 2016 by Barry Levine
And Toronto-based Rover releases rebuilt mobile marketing platform focused on location.
- Shopping campaigns: Play like every day is a holiday
Jun 30, 2016 by Alexander Paluch
What’s ahead for shopping ads this holiday season and beyond? Columnist Alexander Paluch recaps a session from SMX Advanced focusing on what search marketers need to know.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Machine learning for large-scale SEM accounts
- Help! I just launched a new website and my search rankings tanked!
- How to maintain content marketing focus in long-running SEO programs
- Search in Pics: Android Nougat statue, John Kerry in self driving car & a Google chandelier
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Four key trends in the use of predictive analytics, econsultancy.com
- How to Tie Marketing Metrics to the Data that Boards, CxOs, and Investors Really Care About, moz.com
- OOH Is Becoming A Measurement Tool For Digital Marketers, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 6 Killer Blog Posts That Will Boost Your Marketing Efforts in July, 3qdigital.com
- Writing Substantial, Lengthy Blogs, www.compukol.com
- Focusing on diversity, Official Google Blog
- Alphabet Said to Create New Stock System for ‘Other Bets’, adage.com
- Add This Cost To Your Outsourced Content, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Daily Beast’s Mike Dyer: ‘Our content performs as well as our editorial’, digiday.com
- Promotion Optimized: A Hypothetical Piece of Content Takes a Journey through the Big Three, www.martechadvisor.com
- The History of Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Your Paid Online Lead Generation Tactics Aren’t Enough Anymore, www.marketingprofs.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Keys to Great Content Marketing Design, According to The New York Times, contently.com
- Ethics of emotional intelligence in UX research, www.usertesting.com
- m(Dot) vs. Responsive vs. Adaptive: Which Mobile Design Is Best for Optimizers?, conversionxl.com
- IANA transition will not remove government relationship with .com contract, domainnamewire.com
- A Crash Course: Start an Online Business in Three Steps, www.marketingprofs.com
- Merchants have less than two weeks to prepare for Prime Day, www.internetretailer.com
- Of course you can use Alexa to shop for Amazon Prime products now, techcrunch.com
- 10 essential email design tips from Justine Jordan, myemma.com
- 5 Things Your Email Subject Lines Are Missing, blog.marketo.com
- 6 Warning Signs Your Email Marketing Is Scaring Subscribers, www.jeffbullas.com
- How the Hustle built a 100,000-subscriber email newsletter for millennial bros, digiday.com
- How to Use Email Marketing to Drive Social Engagement, smallbiztrends.com
General Internet Marketing
- 12 Things You May Not Know About Online Marketing, www.searchinfluence.com
- 5 Things Marketers Need to Know About Gen Z, contently.com
- Five Things Marketers Can Learn from Brexit, adage.com
- Learn From Struggling Brands: Insights From the Marketing Trenches, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Quora Marketing: The Definitive Guide, www.ahfazahmed.net
Internet Marketing Industry
- Appodeal Releases SDK for Apple TV Apps, blog.appodeal.com
- The Definitive Guide to Agency Marketing Automation, unbounce.com
- 3 Quick Tips to Give Your App Store Optimization Strategy a Boost, www.tune.com
- A Call To Mobile Browsers, adexchanger.com
- Android Without Google: A Brief And Mostly Uninspiring History, www.fastcompany.com
- How Quickly Do Consumers Abandon New Mobile Apps?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Mobile Ad Study Finds Interstitials Only Slightly Better Than Banners for Being Seen, www.adweek.com
- 5 Steps to Social Media Curation, info.crowdynews.com
- Battle of the Brands July 4th Edition: Founding Fathers vs. Present-Day Patriots, www.mavrck.co
- Facebook Ad Campaign Process: Build Audience, Leads and Conversions, www.jonloomer.com
- Facebook allows U.S. users to create fundraisers for nonprofits, www.mercurynews.com
- Facebook experiments with letting users translate posts into other languages, venturebeat.com
- Facebook throws out the news Paper, techcrunch.com
- How Brands Are Using Social Media to Make a Splash With Summer Fridays, www.adweek.com
- How Gawker is pulling comments into its Facebook Instant Articles, digiday.com
- How This Agency Manages 60 Social Profiles and Drives Results, blog.bufferapp.com
- How to get Your First 1,000 Followers on Instagram, blog.crazyegg.com
- Seven Ways Facebook’s Big Algorithm Change Will Affect Marketers And Publishers, www.fastcompany.com
- Sharpening Engagement With Your Social Media Content, www.compukol.com
- Snapchat went down and kids were freaking out, qz.com
- Step-By-Step Guide To Updating To The New Facebook Pixel, www.ppchero.com
- Top 5 Reasons Why People Share Content On Facebook, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Twitter Chats: How Marketers Can Benefit From Twitter Chats, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Twitter Preps Brands for 2016 Summer Olympics, www.adweek.com
- Google is Adding a VR Shell to Chrome to Let You Browse the Entire Web in VR, www.roadtovr.com
- Putting Online Video Advertising In Context, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.