Marketing Day: SMB retailer survey, on-site SEO mistakes & the CMO audit series
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 60% of SMBs report half or more of online sales come from Amazon, Jet & eBay [Survey]
Aug 3, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
NetElixir surveyed 500 SMBs that sell products via online marketplaces to get a deeper understanding of their ecommerce experience.
- 16 common on-site SEO mistakes you might be making right now
Aug 3, 2017 by Pratik Dholakiya
Columnist Pratik Dholakiya shares the 16 technical SEO issues he sees most frequently. Even the most experienced SEO professionals can sometimes overlook these common issues!
- How to bridge the gap between brand and direct response marketing
Aug 3, 2017 by Alison Lohse
How do you reach common ground between brand and direct response campaigns? Columnist Alison Lohse says we need new metrics and more granular data to help bridge the divide between the two.
- The CMO audit series, Part 4: The convergence of UX and performance marketing
Aug 3, 2017 by Scott Rayden
Columnist Scott Rayden sits down with 3Q Digital’s Aaron Bart to discuss the evolution of UX and how it’s increasingly intersecting with performance marketing and the growth of brands.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Analytics approaches every marketer should know #2: Diagnostic analytics, Econsultancy
- Drive Enterprise Productivity with Intelligent Metrics, Web Analytics World
- When Data Deceives: Making Data-Driven Decisions Without Misreading Analytics, CMS Wire
- Facebook Drowns Out Fake News With More Information, Wall Street Journal
- Snap pops after report Google offered to buy for at least $30 billion, Business Insider
- Why Apple Is Heading for More Censorship in China, Wall Street Journal
- How to Unlock the Door to Effective Content with Your Creativity, Copyblogger
- The Essential Elements of Amazing Content, Compukol
- Want Content That’s More Usable & Reusable? Chunk It, Content Marketing Institute
- 3 Ways to Simplify B2B Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
- Here’s What’s Next for Amazon Sellers, MarTech Advisor
- Independent retailers, repeat buyers, and Amazon, Practical Ecommerce
- 4 secrets to high-performing signup forms, My Emma
- Hit the books with A+ back-to-school subject lines, VerticalResponse
- Why Investing in Content is Vital to Email Marketing’s Continued Success, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- How much waste is in the digital ad market?, Econsultancy
- So You Want to Be a CMO? 5 Skills to Get You There, MarTech Advisor
- Using Color Psychology to Boost Sales & Website Conversions, MarketingProfs
Internet Marketing Industry
- Influenster App Launches Short-Form Video Reviews Feature, Market Wired
- MPP Global Installs Key Executives to Bolster U.S. Team, MPP Global
- Building your ABM Tech Stack – Do I Need to Scrap my Stack?, MarTech Advisor
- DAM: The Guardian of Your Brand, CMS Wire
- Study: Early tech adopters eager to use VR for shopping, Retail Dive
- Audience Targeting Tactics For Facebook App Install Ads, PPC Hero
- Study: Micro-influencers see higher engagement but less ROI, Mobile Marketer
- Essential LinkedIn Guides and Resources for B2B Marketers, KoMarketing
- How to Create a Facebook Group (and Build an Engaged Community), The Buffer Blog
- Rocking Twitter for Your Business, Compukol
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.