Marketing Day: Shooting video in-house, Snapchat ad guide & Apple’s Business Chat
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Want to start shooting video in-house but still want a professional look? Here’s what to buy
Jun 12, 2017 by Aden Andrus
Shooting your videos in-house can save you a lot of money, but it requires the right gear. Contributor Aden Andur walks you through some affordable options that will meet your needs.
- Brands are facing a whole new world of retail realities
Jun 12, 2017 by James Green
Columnist James Green discusses the trends that are impacting struggling brick-and-mortar retailers and the strategies brands need to implement to survive.
- Baby Come Back! How to Grow Customer Revenue with People-Based Search Marketing
Jun 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s time to think beyond the keyword, and tailor your PPC campaigns based on who is actually viewing or clicking your ad. With a people-based approach to your search marketing, you can improve the cross-channel customer experience, optimize PPC campaign performance, and ultimately re-acquire customers and grow CLTV.
- A guide to Snapchat advertising as self-serve tool officially opens
Jun 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Everything you need to know about Snapchat’s ad formats, ad targeting options and ad pricing schemes.
- Apple’s Business Chat is a powerful new channel for customer service & inbound sales
Jun 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Although it follows efforts by Facebook and Microsoft, it has a number of innovative features the others don’t.
- Pew Report: The Internet of Things could drive people away from connectivity
Jun 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
With Elon University, the Pew Research Center asked 1,200 experts to envision whether the good outweighs the bad for the IoT.
- Do SMB websites matter anymore? YP says yes, introduces new ‘pro’ SEO product
Jun 11, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Company says program resulted in a page one ranking on Google for 70 percent of keywords within a few months.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Three Dangers of Affiliate Marketing and How to Avoid Them, MarTech Advisor
- ‘We’re competing against crap’: The race is on to provide influencer marketing analytics, Digiday
- Don’t Pause that Keyword Until You’ve Analyzed These 4 Metrics, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Journey Analytics: The GPS for Understanding your Customers, MarTech Advisor
- What you need to know about Apple’s new podcast analytics, Digiday
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Corporate Blogs that Bloggers Can Learn From, The Blog Herald
- 7 Blog Post Ideas That Will Engage Your Readers Every Time, Constant Contact Blogs
- Blogging on LinkedIn: A Business Prospective, Search Engine People
- Apple’s new anti-tracking system will make Google and Facebook even more powerful, The Verge
- ‘Nobody at Yahoo understood Tumblr’: Why Marissa Mayer’s big bet on Tumblr never panned out, Digiday
- Mark Zuckerberg is visiting all American states. Is he considering politics or just promoting Facebook?, Quartz
- 10 Branded Content Masters Who Bring True Craft to Consumerism, Adweek
- 4 Powerful Ways To Use The Art of Storytelling, Jeff Bullas
- 5 Editorial Experiments You May Want to Try, Content Marketing Institute
- 5 Tips to Drive Profitable Customer Action with Your Content, Movable Ink Blog
- An A-to-Z Guide to Google Analytics for Content Marketers, Convince and Convert
- How to Prepare Your Content Strategy for Virtual Reality, Search Engine Journal
- Writing Content that Enthralls, Compukol
- Apply These 20 Magical Landing Page Best Practices to Turn Website Visitors into Customers, Small Biz Trends
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 20 Free Web Design Tools, Spring 2017, Practical Ecommerce
- A Complete Guide To Switching From HTTP To HTTPS, Smashing Magazine
- Know When to Listen to Domain Name Advice and When to Ignore It, Domain Investing
- Amazon launches “My Mix,” a personalized shop filled with your favorite things, TechCrunch
- IRCE 2017: 7 takeaways on the state of digital commerce, Retail Dive
- Link Building for E-commerce: Effective Strategies and Examples, Search Engine Journal
- Why Online Shopping is Both a Burden and a Boon for Retailers, Multichannel Merchant
General Internet Marketing
- 1x vs. 10x: The Little-Known Reason Why Your Campaigns are Failing, Kiss Metrics
- 4 Steps to Unlocking the Power of Marketing Personalization, MarketingProfs
- Nonprofit Marketing 2017, Content Marketing Institute
- What Does the 2017 State of Digital Marketing Have in Common with the Doors of a Billionaire?, The AdStage Blog
- 3 Reasons Why Marketers Need Project Management Tools, Marketo
- AI Is Leaping From Hype to Reality, and Marketers Are Reaping the Benefits, Adweek
- Marketing Operations 2017: Where Strategy Meets Technology, MarTech Advisor
- Organizing your marketing tech stack, TechCrunch
- Apple’s new App Store policies target Tencent’s WeChat and China’s online tipping economy, Quartz
- How Facebook’s Telepathic Texting Is Supposed to Work, Wall Street Journal
- How Social Media Can Help You Find the Right Market for Your Mobile App, Adweek
- How to Make $80,000 Per Month on the Apple App Store, Medium
- Rethinking Reputational Risk: Why Bad PR Hurts More Than You Think, Small Biz Trends
- ‘Facebook is only half in’: Creators doubt Facebook’s commitment to original programming, Digiday
- Facebook and Instagram Increase Ad Offerings, Ignite Visibility
- Facebook Building Feature to Let Users Subscribe to News Publications, Wall Street Journal
- Facebook Paid Social and Organic Reach: Why One Helps the Other, Stone Temple
- How Bots Are Inflating Instagram Egos, New York Times
- How Instagram Combined Art and Commerce With Facebook’s Scale to Become an Advertising Powerhouse, Adweek
- How to Increase Your Instagram Followers & Sales, Search Engine Journal
- Instagram Location Stories and Hashtag Stories: What Marketers Need to Know, Social Media Examiner
- Snap is developing a second version of Spectacles which may include augmented reality, TechCrunch
- Tips For Using Facebook Lookalike Audiences, PPC Hero
- 197: A Cool Tool for Creating Viral Videos for Facebook in 15 Minutes, ProBlogger
- Game on!: YouTube at E3 2017, Official YouTube Blog
- YouTube and Facebook are where the action is in video, Digiday
- YouTube Shopping Ad Campaigns – Learn the Basics, 3Q Digital
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.