Marketing Day: Salesforce’s Einstein, Twitter ups character limit & top 10 video creators
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Salesforce introduces Einstein — an AI layer for all its clouds
Sep 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company is going beyond its previous integrations of computer intelligence, making embedded predictive and other insights a standard part of its platform.
- Twitter’s relaxed character limit doesn’t apply to ads, but there’s a workaround
Sep 19, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter will no longer count photos, videos, polls and quoted tweets against its 140-character limit, but it will for certain ads. Here’s the workaround.
- How to manage local listings for enterprise brands
Sep 19, 2016 by Brian Smith
Getting a handle on the data for multiple-location businesses can be a significant challenge. Columnist Brian Smith provides step-by-step guidelines to making it happen.
- The immediate results of link building
Sep 19, 2016 by Conrad Saam
While conventional wisdom and recently published studies may hold that link building takes a long time to have a positive impact, columnist Conrad Saam begs to differ and shares four case studies.
- Top 10 video creators in August: UNILAD keeps the lead with 2.9B video views
Sep 19, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
A look at last month’s most watched video creators across YouTube, Facebook, Vine and Instagram according to Tubular Labs.
- Google Trips: Google’s first potentially breakthrough travel tool
Sep 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google bought travel software company ITA in 2010 promising to bring travel searchers next-generation travel tools and experiences.
- Read Gartner’s “CMO Spend Survey 2015-2016: Digital Marketing Comes of Age”
Sep 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
See where spending and expectations are going next as marketers embrace their new role as drivers of business growth. This definitive survey of over 300 top marketing organizations reveals the areas where business are increasing funding for marketing efforts that drive profits and produce digital results in a multichannel world.
- Marketers: Here are a dozen authoring tools to help you get chatty with chatbots
Sep 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
These tools allow marketers to keep up with their new job requirement: automated, intelligent and continuous interaction with customers.
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #28: Shopping campaign success on Google & Bing
Sep 19, 2016 by Matt McGee
It’s a special show this week as we invite three paid search specialists to spill the goods on what makes a successful holiday shopping campaign on Bing and Google.
- Bringing ’90s nostalgia into a mobile world
Sep 19, 2016 by Josh Todd
For Yahoo, it’s too little, too late. Meanwhile, Nintendo is riding on Pokémon Go’s success. Columnist Josh Todd takes a look at the mobile hits and misses of the two iconic brands and explains what marketers can learn from them.
- This major content marketing benefit is worth the wait
Sep 19, 2016 by Kerry Jones
One of content marketing’s biggest perks takes a while to materialize. Columnist Kerry Jones explains why SEO improvements are worth waiting for.
- Large marketers are winning in programmatic (Here’s what you can do to stop them)
Sep 19, 2016 by Kevin Lee
How do you compete against the ‘big boys; in programmatic? Contributor Kevin Lee discusses where large marketers have an advantage and what you can do to level the playing field.
- Can the app-retention crisis be addressed with personalized notifications?
Sep 17, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Leanplum says behaviorally and time-optimized notifications improve retention.
- Nearly 85 percent of smartphone app time concentrated in top five apps — [report]
Sep 17, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The comScore data present a relatively bleak picture of digital media landscape if you’re not a dominant brand.
- 2.3 million people tuned into Twitter’s NFL livestream, less than watched Yahoo’s
Sep 16, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter’s NFL livestream attracted 2.3 million total viewers, which is slightly less than Yahoo’s broadcast last year averaged per minute.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- See how the top 13 SEO software platform providers stack up
- What is Google Data Studio and how can you use it?
- Using word vectors and applying them in SEO
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Is affiliate marketing dying? Or simply changing?, www.tune.com
- As Virtual Reality Proliferates, It’s Clear We Need New Metrics, adexchanger.com
- Integrated Platforms: Making Analytics Work for You, adage.com
- Nielsen Will Complete Its Total Audience Measurement Rollout by March, www.adweek.com
- Tips for Marketers: Using Social Media Analytics for Effective Audience Targeting, www.martechadvisor.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Facebook Hires Executive With India Ties for Messenger App Push, www.wsj.com
- Indonesia Plans to Bill Google For Back Taxes and Fines, www.wsj.com
- Microsoft to close Skype’s London office, www.ft.com
- Tim Armstrong’s Yahoo plans face growing doubts from critics, nypost.com
- 4 Ways Your Sales Team Can Help Your Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Ways Boring B2B Brands Can Kill It With Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 6 Essential Tips to Create More Valuable Content, www.jeffbullas.com
- 7 Ways to Make Your Content More Actionable, blog.crazyegg.com
- Are You Fascinating Enough to Be a Content Marketer?, www.copyblogger.com
- Content Marketing Interview Questions & Answers, www.martechadvisor.com
- Does the Content Marketing Industry Have a Measurement Problem?, www.martechadvisor.com
- It’s Tough to Make High-Quality Native Content, www.emarketer.com
- Make Content Marketing Soar with These Improv Comedy Techniques, www.cmswire.com
- Quick And Dirty 15 Minute Content Audit, www.localseoguide.com
- Don’t Be Cheap With Your Landing Pages: Three Contrarian Ways to Improve Them, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Increase Conversions with Help from Your Fans, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Lazy Marketer’s Guide to Customer Acquisition, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Five things marketers do to improve customer experience, www.econsultancy.com
- How to Show Custom Menus to Logged In WordPress Users, www.wpexplorer.com
- The Thumb Zone: Designing For Mobile Users, www.smashingmagazine.com
- .blog gets 600 applications halfway through sunrise, domainincite.com
- Are New gTLDs Dead? Frank Schilling Says “Far From It”, www.domaininvesting.com
- Colin Campbell Predicts Top 5 New Extensions in 10 Years, www.domaininvesting.com
- GOP Senators Issue Statement Against ICANN October 1 Oversight Transition, www.thedomains.com
- 4 Ways the Non-Amazons Can Gain an Edge this Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- Building the B2B Webstore Your Customers Will Love, multichannelmerchant.com
- NPD: Echo device owners spend more on Amazon, www.retaildive.com
- To sell or not to sell on online marketplaces, that is the question, www.internetretailer.com
- What Will Internet Users Do for a Discount?, www.emarketer.com
- Why brands must stay off Amazon’s CRaP list, www.internetretailer.com
- Why Gmail’s responsive email update matters to e-retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- Your 13 Point Holiday Marketing Checklist to Boost Sales, smallbiztrends.com
- 6 Ways to Improve Email Response Rates, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Deliver the perfect follow-up email. Automatically., myemma.com
- Reports of email’s demise have been greatly exaggerated, venturebeat.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Engagement Marketing Tips, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Psychological Principles You Should Be Using, www.ppchero.com
- 6 Brands Using Altered Reality in their Marketing Campaigns, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Pitch Yourself to Be a Podcast Guest, www.problogger.net
- It’s Time for Marketers to Help Ease the Consumer Anxiety They’ve Helped Create, www.adweek.com
- Startup Marketing: Stop Wasting Your Time, theupperranks.com
- The Power of Purpose and the Evolving Role of Today’s CMO, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Secret to Executing a Successful Agile Marketing Plan, www.adweek.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- BigCommerce Adds Support for Facebook Pixel Installation, Native Checkout for Shop Section on Pages, www.bigcommerce.com
- Radius, an Oracle Marketing AppCloud Partner, Announces Combined Solution with Oracle Marketing Cloud to Help Marketers Identify and Act on Prospects Most Likely to Convert, radius.com
- “Eyes Wide Open” Approach to Evaluating New Marketing Technologies, www.martechadvisor.com
- AdStage Secures $2 Million in Funding From Verizon Ventures to Double Down on Its MarTech Platform, blog.adstage.io
- How Apple’s Subtle AR Play Could Impact Local: Sights and Sounds, streetfightmag.com
- How to best evaluate issues with your Accelerated Mobile Pages, webmasters.googleblog.com
- Instant messaging: An introduction to the future of communication, econsultancy.com
- Mobile First Web Design: Why It Should Be Your First Priority, www.stonetemple.com
- The race to be the all-in-one app, techcrunch.com
- What is AMP and Does Your Small Business Site Need It?, smallbiztrends.com
- A faster way to share photos and videos, and all-new movies, Official Google Blog
- Introducing the uLoL Rivalries by Yahoo Esports, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Game Time For Twitter: Jack Dorsey’s Big Bet On Live Events, www.fastcompany.com
- 4 Tips to Get Your Business Started on Social Media, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook ads still slipping past Adblock Plus via stripped-down code, techcrunch.com
- How the 2016 #Emmys played out on Twitter, www.Twitter.com
- How To Make LinkedIn Your Newest Prospecting Tool, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- How to Put Your Social Media Strategy on A Paleo Diet, www.toprankblog.com
- Pinterest Is Using Machine Learning To Help You Find What You’ll Pin Next, www.fastcompany.com
- The Dark Side of Marketing Content on Facebook, www.marketingprofs.com
- Tips for Using the Facebook Pixel, www.facebook.com
- Top 10 Social Media Marketing Trends, www.jeffbullas.com
- Why Fashion Brands Are Thriving on Instagram, www.socialbakers.com
- Will Facebook be the Next Review Platform?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 20 Things You Should Know About New 140 Second Video on Vine And Twitter, smallbiztrends.com
- 4 Media-Planning Tips for Online Video Advertising Success, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- 5 Tips for Success in YouTube Advertising, 3qdigital.com
- 9 Tips for Better Facebook Video Ads, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Text vs Video-Based Content: Which Should You Be More Focused On?, www.thesaleslion.com
- YouTube’s 3H Strategy Can Fuel Your Content Marketing, www.practicalecommerce.com