Marketing Day: Robots replacing marketers, interactive native content & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Don’t worry, marketers. Robots won’t replace you… yet.
Aug 18, 2017 by Joe Hyland
Robots aren’t taking over marketing quite yet. But columnist Joe Hyland says if you want to save your job from AI, you need to make a human connection and climb up the marketing ladder.
- Site optimization or traffic optimization: Which delivers better results?
Aug 18, 2017 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Knowing where to invest in online marketing is crucial for search marketers with limited budgets and resources. Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard explores whether you’re better off investing in higher-quality traffic or conversion optimization.
- Agencies: Help your small business clients grow with marketing automation
Aug 18, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Until recently, most small businesses couldn’t fit marketing automation into their budgets. But with more affordable platforms on the rise, mom-and-pop businesses are finding new ways to stay competitive and grow their reach. In this Agency Perspectives from SharpSpring, you will: discover how to turn your free WiFi into a lead-gen machine.
- How to market your brand using interactive native content, Part 5
Aug 18, 2017 by Jane Loring
In part 5 of this series examining the many use cases for interactive native content, contributor Jane Loring explores how this new approach can be implemented within your cross-channel marketing strategy.
- Why choosing a niche helps you produce better content
Aug 18, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
Don’t create content that tries to serve everyone. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen explains why specializing in one area will help you stand out from the crowd and deliver more value to your audience.
- Taykey unveils free version of its real-time audience data tool for interest targeting
Aug 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
As a restricted version of its Intelligence Pro offering, the free tool shows what topics most interest specific types of users.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Mistakes I Learned About Marketing and Data, Kiss Metrics
- 8 Steps to Successful Analytics for Retail Marketers, Multichannel Merchant
- Why Location Measurement and Attribution Are Key to Brand Visibility, Street Fight
- GitHub CEO Chris Wanstrath To Step Down After Finding His Own Replacement, Forbes
- Hollywood, Apple Said to Mull Rental Plan, Defying Theaters, Bloomberg
- How FedEx Delivered a Better Content Process, Content Marketing Institute
- The Secret to Finding a Competitive Content Advantage, Contently
- Why marketers are failing to track 87% of their content shares, Econsultancy
- Survey: Consumers act on each other’s visual content, Retail Dive
- The Product Page is Your Moment of Truth: Make it Perfect, MarTech Advisor
- Top Tools to Build an Online Store with WordPress, WPExplorer
- How is email marketing evolving?, My Emma
- Marketo Survey: Websites, Email Still Rule Consumer Engagement, CMS Wire
- The Value of Brand Audiences in A Post-Digital World, Content Marketing Institute
General Internet Marketing
- Customer-First Marketing: A conversation with Wharton, MarketingSherpa, and MECLABS Institute, MarketingSherpa Blog
- Five examples of brands that succeed with word-of-mouth marketing, Econsultancy
- Why Premium Media Is the Gold Standard for Brand Marketers, Street Fight
Internet Marketing Industry
- Dataxu Doubles Down On Agency Business With Key Hire, Globe Newswire
- Immersv Closes $10.5 Million Series A Financing, MarTech Advisor
- Ad-Tech Expert’s Advice to Local News Publishers: Pivot to Digital Subscriptions, Street Fight
- All-in-One, Turnkey Marketing Clouds vs. Build Your Own, MarketingProfs
- How to Train Your Bot: Best Practices in Managing and Measuring Bots, MarTech Advisor
- 8 Simple Mobile Landing Page Strategies With A Big Return, Ignite Visibility
- Many App Marketers Think Ad Fraud Is a Serious Problem, eMarketer
- Study: 9 of 10 retailers boost spending on mobile ads this year, Mobile Marketer
- 3 Tips to Successfully Integrate Your Paid and Organic Social Media, Marketo
- 5 Social Media Lead Generation Tips To Double Your Conversions, Ignite Visibility
- How to Optimize Your Facebook Ads: A Proven Approach, Social Media Examiner
- Facebook Live Tools: An Essential Checklist for Creators, Social Media Examiner
- Facebook Video: Views of Sponsored Video Content Jump 258% Since 2016, Tubular Insights
- Make the grade for back-to-school: 4 YouTube trends to inform your video strategy, Think with Google