Marketing Day: Retailer-brand relationships, end-of-year marketing & YouTube’s top ads in 2017
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on December 6, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Links: To speed or not to speed
Dec 6, 2017 by Julie Joyce
Want to build links faster? Julie Joyce discusses which tasks can be sped up and which can’t.
- PPC agencies will play these 4 roles when automation takes over
Dec 6, 2017 by Frederick Vallaeys
Many in the SEM world are concerned that artificial intelligence and machine learning will make their jobs obsolete — but columnist Frederick Vallaeys believes that humans and machines working together will ultimately create the most value for clients.
- 4 ways retailer-brand relationships will change in 2018
Dec 6, 2017 by Andrew Waber
Columnist Andrew Waber takes a look at four trends taking shape for 2018 that will help brands and retailers collaborate to improve the digital shopping experience.
- Why your end-of-year marketing strategy should focus on repurposing and re-engagement
Dec 6, 2017 by Andrea Lehr
The year 2017 may be winding down, but that doesn’t mean your marketing efforts should. Columnist Andrea Lehr discusses the benefits of repurposing content during these last few weeks of the year.
- Video advertising: Tips for success in 2018
Dec 6, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Consumer demand for digital video is exploding. According to a recent study by Cisco, video will make up a whopping 80 percent of all internet traffic by 2019. But that’s mostly people watching videos of cats falling off furniture, right? Not entirely. In fact, 64 percent of users* are more likely to buy a product […]
- Align your marketing org in 2018 with intelligent and integrated marketing campaigns
Dec 6, 2017 by Kevin Bobowski
Integrated marketing campaigns may seem old-school, but contributor Kevin Bobowski explains why they’re essential for marketers who want to keep their marketing departments agile and efficient.
- The most-watched ad on YouTube in 2017 was a spot from Samsung India Services
Dec 6, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
YouTube shares its most-watched ads and top-trending videos for 2017.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Getting the whole picture: VirtualWisdom’s update enhances systems visibility
Dec 6, 2017 by Robin Kurzer
The company says its “app-centric” IPM is a breakthrough in infrastructure monitoring.
- Twitter’s ad business has shrunk, but ad buyers say it’s stabilized
Dec 6, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Unfavorable competition with Facebook and Google — and the commodification of its own inventory — has led advertisers to slow their spend on Twitter.
- Here’s what marketers really want for Christmas: 3 tips for building a better approach to data
Dec 6, 2017 by Stefan Benndorf
Getting the most out of your data is on every marketer’s wish list this year. Contributor Stefan Benndorf discusses ways to get your analytics infrastructure in tip-top shape for 2018.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 Lessons from $1B+ in Black Friday Ecommerce & Cyber Monday Sales, Shopify
- 8 Overlooked Social Media Tactics That Can Increase Conversion Rates, Kissmetrics
- B2C Content Marketing: 2018 Benchmarks, Budgets & Trends, MarketingProfs
- Chatbot Building: 5 Dos and Don’ts, CMS Wire
- Datonics Partners with Kochava Collective, Allowing Mobile Marketers to More Easily Reach Desired Audiences, PR Web
- Glassdoor: Facebook is consistently the best tech company to work for in the U.S., VentureBeat
- How to Audit Your Instagram Stories, Simply Measured
- RedPoint Global Launches Data Management 8.0, Creating the Most Open Platform for Optimizing Customer Engagement, RedPoint Global
- The 7 Best Social Media Channels for Business Marketing, Social Media Explorer
- The costs, and benefits, of the influencer economy, Retail Dive