Marketing Day: PPC Budgets, Facebook Direct Response Ads & Live Streaming Video Survey
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Trump Mostly Tweeting From An iPhone 2 Weeks After Apple Boycott Call
Mar 4, 2016 by Tim Peterson
More than half of the GOP front-runner’s most recent 200 tweets were sent using Twitter’s iPhone app.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live Show #3: Search As Personal Assistant, Facebook Vs. Periscope & More
Mar 4, 2016 by Matt McGee
If you missed our third episode, watch the video replay below.
- How New & Existing Customers Interact With Your Paid Search Ads Differently
Mar 4, 2016 by Andy Taylor
Columnist Andy Taylor shares data from Merkle|RKG that illustrates how users behave when clicking on ads and how they evaluate ad choices on a SERP.
- How To Grow Online Market Share Without Increasing Your PPC Budget
Mar 4, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
What’s the formula for PPC success? Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard has tips on how to significantly expand your market share without wasting your ad spend.
- Getting The Most From Your Conference Experience
Mar 4, 2016 by Amy Bishop
As with all things marketing, we’re always looking to get the most bang for our buck. Conferences are no exception. Columnist Amy Bishop shares tips to ensure that you get a strong return on your investment.
- Why “Go Viral” Is Not An Effective Content Marketing Strategy
Mar 4, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
If you’re trying to go viral, you’re probably trying too hard. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen explains why you should focus instead on creating great content that matters to your audience.
- We Marketers Aren’t As “Automated” As We Think
Mar 4, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Despite the promise of automation, marketers still have a ways to go. Columnist Scott Vaughan explains why we need to focus on automating the right data and eliminating the manual tasks that hold us back.
- Three Facebook Direct Response Products You Should Be Using Now
Mar 4, 2016 by Brad O’Brien
Are you using the Facebook direct response ads that are best for your business? Columnist Brad O’Brien shares his top three and discusses how you can implement them.
- Live Streaming Video Survey Finds 44% Of Brands Have Produced Live Video & 20% Plan To
Mar 4, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
A new survey by Brandlive, Inc. aims to set an industry benchmark for live video content.
- Smartphone Ownership Just Shy Of 80 Percent [comScore]
Mar 3, 2016 by Greg Sterling
We should see 85 percent smartphone ownership by Q3 and more smartphone owners than US internet users some time in 2017.
- As Yahoo Seeks To Raise $1B In Cash, Rumor Suggests Sale Of Search Assets
Mar 3, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company trying to determine what it can sell without harming a strategic capability.
- Facebook Plans To Open Messenger To Publishers At F8 In April
Mar 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will officially let publishers distribute content through Messenger and will announce the news at its annual developer conference in April.
- Here’s Why Martech Needs Some New Metrics
Mar 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
Customer relationships are now “a movie, rather than a snapshot,” and marketers need more movie-like ways to measure what’s working.
- Smart Goals Roll Out To More AdWords Advertisers As Google Cuts The Eligibility Requirements In Half
Mar 3, 2016 by Greg Finn
The conversions, driven by machine learning, will be rolling out to even more AdWords advertisers over the coming weeks.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Agrees To Complicated Worldwide “Right To Be Forgotten” Censorship Plan
- Where Will SEO Go This Year?
- Why Copying Campaigns Between Search Engines Misses Opportunities
- Search In Pics: Google AMP, SMX & Androidify Station
- Google Adds 19 Animal Sounds To Search
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing – Effective Online Fundraising Method, www.amnavigator.com
- Applied Analytics: Creating Serendipity, www.cmo.com
- Why Understanding Stakeholders Will Make or Break Your Web Analytics, www.seerinteractive.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Time Management Tips for Bloggers, www.blogherald.com
- A Beginners Guide To Blogger Outreach, www.blogherald.com
- Can You Write a Post People Trust Enough to Share?, contently.com
- Should You Publish Guest Blog Posts on Your Website?, www.copyblogger.com
- Box, Google, Facebook, Microsoft come out in support of Apple in amicus brief, techcrunch.com
- Facebook to Pay More in U.K. Tax, www.wsj.com
- Why We Support Apple, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Facebook Instant Articles & Content Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- How to Craft Share-Worthy Content in 4 Easy Steps, simplymeasured.com
- Medium CEO Hints at Introducing Sponsored and Paid Content in a Bid to Monetize the Platform, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Infographic Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- The 4 Universal Requirements For Great UX, www.fastcodesign.com
- Ultimate Guide to Site Speed – Optimizing WordPress, www.portent.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Amazon Files Appeal On Rejected .amazon Domain, domainincite.com
- Explain the Reach of a Domain Name, www.domaininvesting.com
- A better way to communicate with consumers on retail websites, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon is the latest challenger to enter Britain’s supermarket food fight, qz.com
- Customer Retention & Building Habit Forming Experiences, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Retailers’ mobile marketing budgets jump as silos tumble, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The 4 Most Overlooked Factors in Your B2B Ecommerce Success, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Email Is Eating More of Your Life Than You Think, contently.com
General Internet Marketing
- ANA Masters Of Media: Are Marketers Missing The Forest For The Trees?, adexchanger.com
- From Here to Infinity: Personalizing Every Customer Journey, www.cmswire.com
- In The Wild West Of Digital Advertising, Marketers Must Rein In The Anarchy, adexchanger.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Email Builder Simplifies Small Businesses’ Customer Communication, www.infusionsoft.com
- Nielsen Acquires Pointlogic, www.nielsen.com
- Rapt Media Study Finds Content Creators Are Investing in the Wrong Technology, www.businesswire.com
- How CMOs Can Prove the ROI of Tech Investments, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Marketers Shift 2016 Budgets, and Attention, to Marketing Technology, www.emarketer.com
- 5 trends in mobile advertising, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 9 Questions to Ask When Building a Mobile App, smallbiztrends.com
- Amazon Quietly Disabled Encryption On Its Fire OS 5 Devices, www.fastcompany.com
- How Internet Usage and Smartphone Ownership Vary by Country, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Optimize Copy for a Better Mobile Experience, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to succeed at mobile marketing on a shoestring, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Mobile First – Buzzword or Reality?, www.martechadvisor.com
- A tiny change to Instagram led to a major increase in usage, venturebeat.com
- Engagement on Facebook Custom Audiences: Do You Have This?, www.jonloomer.com
- Facebook Canvas ad is a cool new toy, but needs ‘3 to 6 months’ of testing for hardcore advertisers, venturebeat.com
- From 0 to 233,000 Members: 7 steps to running an effective LinkedIn group, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- IHOP’s New GIF-Powered Ads Are Targeting 7.3 Million Twitter Users by Name, www.adweek.com
- Navigating the Bumpy Road to Cross-Channel Attribution, multichannelmerchant.com
- Pinterest’s buyable pins help lure new sales and customers, www.internetretailer.com
- Seven best practices for brands using Twitter Polls, www.Twitter.com
- Snapchat Collects $175 Million in Funding Without Valuation Increase, Faces Competition Heat from Instagram, www.martechadvisor.com
- Social Marketing Needs a Rebrand: How We Graduate to the C-Suite, simplymeasured.com
- Twitter’s #GIFparty: The good, the bad and the ugly, digiday.com
- Twitter’s Heart Beats the Star: 27 Percent Jump in Activity Since Favorites Became Likes, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Live: Why Live Video Matters for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How Neiman Marcus used live video to give customers a front row seat at New York Fashion Week, www.Twitter.com
- Social Video Campaigns: Winning Business Results, www.reelseo.com
- Uh Oh Google Hangouts, Slack Is Adding Video, www.cmswire.com
- Vimeo Redesigns iOS App to Make Content Discovery Easier, www.adweek.com
- Why Multimedia Production Will Push Your Brand Forward, www.ducttapemarketing.com