Marketing Day: Pinterest’s new CMO, Facebook’s holiday pop-up stores, Jet.com custom shops
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Pinterest names Andréa Mallard as the company’s first CMO Nov 5, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues Before joining Pinterest, Mallard served as the CMO for Gap Athleta. Why does structured data matter […]
Amy Gesenhues on November 5, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Pinterest names Andréa Mallard as the company’s first CMO
Nov 5, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Before joining Pinterest, Mallard served as the CMO for Gap Athleta.
- Why does structured data matter for SEO?
Nov 5, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Structured data represents a huge opportunity for SEOs to communicate key information with search engines, boost content visibility, and reach target audiences. It makes it easier for search engine crawlers to extract and understand specific information related to the content, in this case, the kind of product, the aggregate rating, available offers, and product reviews.
- Facebook launches holiday pop-up stores in Macy’s to promote digital-native SMBs
Nov 5, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Shops will be open through February 2019 in nine Macy’s stores across the US.
- Jet.com lures Nike and Bonobos, launches custom brand ‘shops’ on the marketplace
Nov 2, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The branded stores are aimed at appealing to Jet’s target urban shoppers.
- National Cinemedia offers first in-theater AR game for a movie
Nov 2, 2018 by Barry Levine
Promoting characters from Disney’s upcoming ‘Ralph Breaks the Internet,’ the 30 second game is the latest in the cinema ad network’s embrace of pre-show AR.
- The 5-step approach to driving retail growth
Nov 2, 2018 by Jordan Elkind
Here’s what successful retailers are doing to survive and thrive in the current competitive environment.
- It takes a village: Story creation in the digital age
Nov 2, 2018 by Peter Minnium
Marketers must define the rules that govern the narrative space between brand and consumer.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Learn how to engage with customers using AI
Nov 5, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
You know your customers, right? Sure. You’ve got loads of data to prove it, and that’s a key part of creating great customer experiences. But you’re now marketing in a world where your customers are generating more data than ever, and their digital breadcrumbs are scattered across way too many channels.
- Calls to businesses rose more than 375% over past two holiday seasons
Nov 5, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
A new study finds inbound call volume has grown significantly during Black Friday weekend. Here’s how you can take advantage of that growth.
- Will Google+ be the final push Congress needs to pass restrictions on data use?
Nov 5, 2018 by Wesley Young
Federal privacy legislation is becoming an inevitability. Here’s how things are developing.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 Areas Where IoT Will Improve the Customer Journey, CMS Wire
- 8 Digital Marketing Trends to Watch, Movable Ink Blog
- Amazon waives $25 minimum spend to offer free Christmas deliveries for all U.S. customers, VentureBeat
- Facebook Watch has moved away from early short-form video formats, Digiday
- Get Inspired with Holiday Marketing Tips from 10 Leading Experts, Socialbakers
- How to Use Social Listening to Improve Your Marketing, Convince and Convert
- How to Use the Facebook Attribution Tool to Measure Your Marketing Impact, Social Media Examiner
- The Location Data Market Must Trade On Clarity, Not Confusion, AdExchanger
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.