Marketing Day: Pinterest’s Buyable Pins, Lithium Integrates Klout Data & A Social Video Chart
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Pinterest Makes Major E-Commerce Push With “Buyable Pins”
Pinterest will give U.S. users the ability to purchase directly on the social discovery network later this month.
- SPONSOR MESSAGE: Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers
Download this report and get key performance metrics for Facebook on desktop and mobile and benchmarks for CTR and CPC.
- Lithium Technologies Will Plug Klout Data Into Its Online Communities
By incorporating Klout profiles on service and support sites, company aims to help brands activate influential experts.
- Another “Market Abuse” Android Complaint Filed Against Google In Europe
According to the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) app developer Disconnect Inc. has formally complained to European regulators that Google is abusing control of Android.
- Social Video Chart: Your At-A-Glance Guide To 7 Major Platforms
A side-by-side feature comparison of the seven major social video players — YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat and Tumblr.
- Game Of Internet Marketing Thrones: Who Will Sit On The Iron Throne?
Which behemoth will win the war for online marketing dollars? Columnist David Rodnitzky breaks down the strategies of the biggest players and their odds of winning.
- InMobi And Rubicon Project Add Mobile Video Inventory To Native Ad Exchange
Companies aim to bring scale to programmatic buying of video and native advertising across mobile.
- Digital Marketing Integration: The Impact Of Cross-Channel And Content
How do you build a successful integrated digital marketing plan? Columnist Jim Yu outlines five steps to put you on the right path.
- 3 Reasons Why It’s Time To Recognize Identity As The New Marketing Discipline
If marketers want to truly be effective and understand their customers, they need to take identity more seriously, believes columnist Mike Sands.
- Survey: 99 Percent Of Consumers Will Share Personal Info For Rewards, But Want Brands To Ask Permission
Consumers repeatedly say in surveys that they want more personalization — but also more privacy.
- One Million Twitter Followers? @Caitlyn_Jenner Clears That Hurdle In A Record 4 Hours
Jenner’s account, launched at the same time as a Vanity Fair cover story about her transition, zooms past @POTUS as the quickest to reach that follower milestone.
- Google Drops Google+ Promotion From Gmail, Search & Other Google Services
Google takes another step away from the days of heavy promotion of the social network on other Google products.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google’s Aparna Chennapragada Says Web Sites May Show In Now On Tap In Addition To Apps
- Bing Ads Launches Automated Rules For Managing All Levels Of Your Account
- 10 Ideas: How To Fix A Damning Business Review
- 5 SEO Problems Plaguing E-Commerce Websites
- New Link Tool Crowdsources Your Disavowed Links In DisavowFiles
- Bing Ads Editor Update Now Available: App Extensions, Paste Special And More
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Engagement Metrics: Listen for the Sound of Customers Leaving, blog.returnpath.com
- How Brands Can Use Biometric Data in Ways That Go Far Beyond Fitness, www.adweek.com
- Listen to the Voices of your Data for Great Analytics, www.webanalyticsworld.net
Blogs & Blogging
- Fashion Bloggers Are Making And Breaking Brands, www.socialbro.com
- AOL Debuts Makeover That’s All About Mobile Video and Social-Friendly Content, www.adweek.com
- Medium budget cuts and restructuring, www.businessinsider.com
- A Recap of the First Annual Content Marketing Conference, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Create Valuable Content With Company-Wide Collaboration, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Get Great Content From Your Colleagues: Five Rules for Success, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Make Branded Content That Can Resonate With Millennials, www.adweek.com
- How to Systematically Create an Annual Editorial Calendar, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- How to Write Better Titles Using Data-Driven Strategies, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Measuring Inefficiency in Your Content Marketing Production Processes, customerthink.com
- Stop Thinking Content, Start Thinking Resources, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Tips to Create an Irresistible Call to Action, www.jeffbullas.com
- Conversion Rate Optimization – Be Found Online, befoundonline.com
- Uncovering Conversion Landmines Through Mystery Shopping, www.ppchero.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- ICANN Announces Phase One Results from Multiyear Consumer Study on the Domain Name Landscape, www.icann.org
- Why do people try sell domain names on eBay?, domainnamewire.com
- 8 Questions before You Choose an Ecommerce Platform in 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- A guide to survival in Amazon’s e-commerce jungle, www.internetretailer.com
- Retail Industry Reigns for US Digital Ad Spending, www.emarketer.com
- Targeting “Where to Buy” Pages for Large eCommerce Sites, pointblankseo.com
- UK e-commerce delivery volume increases 11% in April, www.internetretailer.com
- Yelp Adds eCommerce for Local Boutiques, smallbiztrends.com
- 3 Email Marketing Tips For Beginners, www.goinflow.com
- 60+ Fantastic Email Newsletters Everyone Should Know About, blog.bufferapp.com
- Canadian Consumers Prefer to Stay Connected with Email, But Are Small Businesses Taking Advantage?, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Why Email Marketers Need to Think APIs, Not Big Data, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- How will digital marketing evolve in the next 10 years?, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Act-On Announces Data Studio to Provide Customers With Deeper Analytics and Visual Discovery on Data, press.act-on.com
- Genesis Media Launches Cost Per Viewable Impression to Connect Consumer Attention Online, www.prnewswire.com
- Netvibes Delivers Programmable Intelligence With Newly Launched Dashboard of Things, www.marketwired.com
- OnBase Integrates with TriZetto Applications to Provide a Comprehensive View of Member and Provider Content, www.onbase.com
- Purch Closes $135 Million Investment to Expand Commerce-Driven Digital Publishing Model, www.prnewswire.com
- Tapjoy Launches Integrated Attribution Program for Mobile Tracking Partners, www.prnewswire.com
- Can’t Marketing Tech Vendors And Agencies Just Get Along?, adexchanger.com
- 7 Time-Saving Apps Every Business Owner Needs, www.verticalresponse.com
- Apple to give developers tools to speed up slow-load Watch apps, www.internetretailer.com
- Avoid falling into the app-fatigue trap, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Carpe Diem! The Clock Is Ticking on DAA Mobile Principles, thedma.org
- Do Wearables Have a Place at the Point of Sale?, www.emarketer.com
- Four Quick Tips for a Winning Multiscreen Strategy, www.marketingprofs.com
- Great Britain’s Small Businesses Haven’t Optimized for Mobile, www.emarketer.com
- How Walgreens adapts to the many devices consumers use, www.internetretailer.com
- Mobile Fraud: It’s Time To Start Paying Attention, adexchanger.com
- Mobile Optimization Tips for Digital Marketers, www.toprankblog.com
- Why Cross-Device Matching Will Transform the Mobile Advertising Industry, streetfightmag.com
- 5 Tools to Plan and Post Social Media Content, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 6 Ways to Use Google+ to Increase Your Visibility, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 60% of Social Marketers Say Measuring ROI Is a Top Challenge, simplymeasured.com
- 8 Quick Tips for Working with Social Media Influencers, simplymeasured.com
- 85% of Marketers Fail to Reach SlideShare’s Gigantic Audience, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 88 marketers you should follow on Twitter, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Facebook Opens Third Artificial-Intelligence Research Hub in Paris, blogs.wsj.com
- Facebook Responds to Protest Over Real-Name Policy, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Tests “Saved Replies,” A Tool That Lets Pages Respond To Customers With Canned Messages, TechCrunch
- Harnessing the Voice of the Customer in Social Media, www.socialmediatoday.com
- How Much Longer Will Facebook Be Relevant?, www.adweek.com
- How Pinterest, Twitter and Nextdoor Think about Small Business, streetfightmag.com
- How The Financial Brands Of Tomorrow Will Tweet, www.socialbro.com
- How to Create Customized LinkedIn Backgrounds, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram Adds Clickable Ad Types, Facebook-Level Targeting, adage.com
- LinkedIn Publishing: Build Your Influence with Customer Facing Media, www.jeffkorhan.com
- Pinterest Marketing 101: The Basics, www.swellpath.com
- Social Media Experts To Follow On Twitter (That Manage Their Own Accounts), www.searchenginepeople.com
- The Most Followed Twitter Accounts by NYSE Companies, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why Some Businesses Can Generate Social Media ROI, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Four Reasons Why Brands Should Unlike Facebook’s Video Ads, adage.com
- Genesis Media Teams Up With Moat For Video Viewability, adexchanger.com
- Industry Survey: Most Media Professionals Reject Standard Definition Of Video Ad “View”, sqad.com
- Return Of The YT Channel: Moving YouTube Channels Between G+ Pages In 2015, www.searchinfluence.com
- The "Before and After" of YouTube Advertising, www.adknowledge.com
- Vimeo Now Lets Creators Launch Their Own Subscription Video-On-Demand Channels, techcrunch.com