Marketing Day: Pinterest “Pin-it” button changes, Twitter’s pre-roll video ads & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Pinterest’s “Pin it” button changes its name internationally
Jun 2, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Pinterest’s “Pin It” button is being replaced with something that has more global appeal.
- Twitter’s throwing the doors to its pre-roll video ad biz wide open
Jun 2, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter is letting brands buy pre-roll video ads through its Ads API, which could boost adoption, if Instagram’s recent experience is any indication.
- Twitter peeks at 360-degree video with Samsung campaign for NBA Finals
Jun 2, 2016 by Tim Peterson
As Twitter gets closer to supporting 360-degree video, the NBA will tweet virtual reality-lite videos shot during the NBA Finals using a Samsung camera.
- Google has a new tool for small businesses to check how well their websites score
Jun 2, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google’s new tool not only scores your page speed but also gives you a score for how mobile-friendly your website is.
- How Google’s latest design choice impacts consumers’ ability to search and discover
Jun 2, 2016 by Siddharth Shah
How has Google’s recent update to its SERP display impacted consumers, advertisers and Google’s bottom line? Adobe’s Siddharth Shah looks at the data.
- True performance baselines & ROI for SEO without attribution modeling
Jun 2, 2016 by Chris Liversidge
How do you determine your SEO program’s real performance, discounting the effects of seasonality, paid search spending or any other external factors? Columnist Chris Liversidge lays out a step-by-step process for reaching a reliable ROI calculation.
- 3 Google AdWords hacks to drive high-quality leads
Jun 2, 2016 by Todd Saunders
You might think you know AdWords, but do you know the most efficient way to get great performance? Columnist Todd Saunders shares three road-tested techniques.
- Using data science to improve your enterprise paid search marketing results
Jun 2, 2016 by Travis Wright
As QuanticMind looks to move in on Marin Software’s territory, which platform is right for you? Columnist Travis Wright explains how data science can boost your campaigns and ad spend.
- 3 big brands on the cutting edge of mobile share secrets to their mobile-first success
Jun 2, 2016 by Bryson Meunier
How do you go beyond being just mobile-friendly to become mobile-first? Columnist Bryson Meunier talks to three leaders in the space to gain some insight.
- Know your digital marketing strengths, but more importantly, acknowledge your weaknesses
Jun 2, 2016 by Matt Umbro
Don’t ignore your shortcomings. Columnist Matt Umbro says if you want to succeed in digital marketing, you need to recognize where you excel and where you need help.
- What business leaders should know about digital transformation
Jun 2, 2016 by Trond Lyngbø
Columnist Trond Lyngbø notes that in order to thrive in a digital world, business leaders must invest in the digital skills and expertise of their employees.
- Localytics pushes Places notifications as key to personalization, mobile engagement
Jun 1, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The range of use cases for location is much broader than most mobile marketers recognize.
- Facebook’s DeepText has “near-human” understanding of people’s posts
Jun 1, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s DeepText uses artificial intelligence techniques to understand text with “near-human” accuracy and quickly learn new languages and slang.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- With lots of unknowns, SEM experts weigh in on the biggest AdWords announcements of last week
- Google shows its support for Gay Pride Month with rainbow-art for LGBT search terms
- DuckDuckGo adds date filters & sitelinks to search features
- Google launches business-friendly tool that tests your website mobile-friendliness & page speed
- AdWords’ new extra headline: 7 ways to make the most of it
- Decision trees for SEM segmentation
- 9 easy-to-miss crawl reports in Screaming Frog and DeepCrawl that pack serious SEO punch
- Lotte Reiniger Google Doodle honors groundbreaking animated filmmaker & her innovative style
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Handle Inactive Affiliates, info.fastspring.com
- How To Measure A B2B Social Media Program, www.komarketingassociates.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 22 Indicators to Help Determine If You’re Suited for Starting a Blog, problogger.com
- 5 Ways to Find More Time to Blog, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 9 Simple Steps for Choosing the Perfect Name for Your Blog, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Effectively Drive More Facebook Traffic to Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- Google’s Eric Schmidt says it’s time to ignore petty politics and focus on transformative tech, techcrunch.com
- Medium acquires Superfeedr, a real-time API that supercharges your feeds, techcrunch.com
- Sheryl Sandberg: Peter Thiel will remain on the Facebook board, techcrunch.com
- 10 Content Strategy Practices That Will Make You a Better Marketer in 2016, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Eight reasons why content strategy should be central to every marketer, econsultancy.com
- How to Energize Customers With Effective Content Planning, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Streamline the Content Creation Process, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why Word Count Is Important, www.copypress.com
- How to build fast, effective landing pages, econsultancy.com
- Track Conversions and ROI With These Content Marketing Metrics, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- If you’re only testing for usability, you’re missing the biggest pieces of the puzzle, www.usertesting.com
- Retrofitting Zooming UI To Legacy Websites: An Impossible Task?, www.smashingmagazine.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 7 Big Trends That Are Shaping the Future of Digital Advertising, www.adweek.com
- Your time is the biggest expense with cheap new TLDs, domainnamewire.com
- 3 major takeaways for e-retailers from Google’s Performance Summit, www.internetretailer.com
- 6 of The Top Cross-Border Ecommerce Tips from CNP Expo, multichannelmerchant.com
- Checkout page UX, yoast.com
- China tightens its cross-border e-commerce rules, www.internetretailer.com
- EBAY CEO Devin Wenig Stresses His Company Is No Amazon, www.wsj.com
- Express checkout adoption strong on mobile as options proliferate, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Long Do Consumers Want to Wait for Shipping?, www.emarketer.com
- Use Customer Testimonials to Sell More Online, smallbiztrends.com
- Is Angie’s List an Email Spammer?, www.webinknow.com
General Internet Marketing
- Influencer Marketing Is (not) Dead, www.toprankblog.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Verto Analytics Lands 16.1 million in Series B Funding, vertoanalytics.com
- Verve Hires Seasoned Enterprise Executive Melanie Kalemba as Demand for Verve Velocity Surges, www.prnewswire.com
- 7 Predictions for Marketing Automation, blog.marketo.com
- B2B Firms Turn to Marketing Technology to Court Buyers, www.emarketer.com
- Marketing Automation Defined in 60 Seconds, www.copyblogger.com
- Multi-channel Tech Convergence Allows Retargeting to Shine, www.martechadvisor.com
- The barbell effect of machine learning, techcrunch.com
- We Need To Wean Ad Tech Off Venture Capital, adexchanger.com
- 4 tips to improve mobile commerce effectiveness for retailers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Google tests a feature that tells you which apps to remove when you run out of room on your phone, techcrunch.com
- How to choose the right KPIs for your mobile campaigns, 3qdigital.com
- How to Retain, Engage, and Convert Your App Users, www.martechadvisor.com
- Keys to Mobile Growth: Get Ready to Scale with Sean Ellis, yahoodevelopers.tumblr.com
- Mobile Marketers Get Higher-Quality Users with Playable Ads, www.tune.com
- These 5 Businesses Rock the Mobile App Experience, www.cmswire.com
- Why You Should Know About Continuous Apps, www.cmswire.com
- Moz CEO: Establishing Attribution Is About Building Businesses’ Trust, streetfightmag.com
- 11 Simple Yet Effective Edits to Instantly Improve Your Social Media Content, blog.bufferapp.com
- 2016 Social Media Marketing Benefits, heidicohen.com
- Do People Use Facebook’s Reactions Feature?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook Tweaks Safety Check, www.adweek.com
- How Snapchat Became a Social Media Unicorn, www.adweek.com
- Pinterest Is Prominent in Back-to-School Shopping (Study), www.adweek.com
- Snapchat Overtakes Twitter, Said to Have 150M Daily Users, adage.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.