Marketing Day: Pinterest news, YouTube’s top 10 ads & Facebook Audience Network
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Pinterest adds measurement, data vendors to its Marketing Partners program
Nov 9, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest has given its ‘Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval’ to several companies that can now track ads’ performance and target ads using brands’ own data.
- Tackling the martech integration challenge
Nov 9, 2016 by Mary Wallace
With myriad solutions available today, integrating your marketing technology tools can be a daunting task. Columnist Mary Wallace offers four ways to make it easier.
- 9 hard truths about links
Nov 9, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Link building is difficult, and columnist Julie Joyce reminds us that there are no risk-free, fool-proof tactics within this discipline.
- Top 10 YouTube ads in October: Google & Microsoft take the lead, but overall video views are down
Nov 9, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Total video views for the top 10 ads dropped significantly in October — bringing in a combined 47.6 million last month compared to 75.1 million in September.
- Email as a service: Bridging the gap between digital marketing and brick-and-mortar experiences
Nov 9, 2016 by Jason Warnock
Contributor Jason Warnock explains how email as a service can connect your email marketing with in-store customer experiences and offers tips on how to include it in your own marketing emails.
- Now feel this: Immersion launches first Haptic Ad Service
Nov 9, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new offering provides self-service tools so advertisers can add engine rumble, footsteps, thunder shaking and more to mobile video ads.
- The 4 principles of great content (or stop dumping garbage on the internet)
Nov 9, 2016 by Benjamin Spiegel
Don’t focus on quantity over quality. Columnist Benjamin Spiegel explains how to ensure you’re not just churning out junk, but instead creating meaningful content for consumers.
- As Facebook Audience Network broadens, what does it mean for your campaigns?
Nov 9, 2016 by Andrew Waber
Columnist Andrew Waber says the expansion of Audience Network and recent developments are making it a major challenger to traditional programmatic inventory sources.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Steps to Take Your Affiliate Program Global, blog.cj.com
Blogs & Blogging
- New to Blogging? Ditch the Fear of Judgement, www.problogger.net
- Why WordPress Isn’t Scared of Facebook, Snapchat, or the Future of Publishing, contently.com
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for December 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 7 Steps to Documenting Your Content Marketing Strategy, www.toprankblog.com
- Content Marketing Definition, heidicohen.com
- Creative Sparks That Hit the Content Mark: 9 Lessons From 75 Brands, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Three Counter-Intuitive Content Marketing Strategies that Work, www.martechadvisor.com
- 4 Sure-shot Ways To Reinvent Your Engagement Funnel, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 5 Actionable Steps For a Better Converting Page, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Tips to Improve Your Conversion This Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 common mobile Web design mistakes that could cost brands, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- A Quick Guide For Designing Better Buttons, www.smashingmagazine.com
- The Dos and Don’ts for an Aesthetically Pleasing Website, smallbiztrends.com
- Get ready for thousands of new two-letter domains, domainincite.com
- 7 Ways to Minimize Mobile Shopping Cart Abandonment, multichannelmerchant.com
- Ecommerce as a Holiday Brand Channel: Unlikely Duo or Match Made in Heaven, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Shift in Holiday Shopping Benefits Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- What Black Friday and Cyber Monday Will Mean for Ecommerce, multichannelmerchant.com
- What will President Trump mean for Amazon and Jeff Bezos?, www.geekwire.com
- What’s Singles Day? Things Every Retailer Should Know, www.marketingprofs.com
- 4 Email Campaign Ideas for National Free Shipping Day 2016, movableink.com
- 7 Factors That Dominate Ecommerce Email Marketing, multichannelmerchant.com
- Brands defying the odds in email marketing, myemma.com
- How to use your data to send better welcome emails, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- ‘Enriching Benefits’: Why Consumers Love Brands That Make Them Feel Like Good People, www.marketingprofs.com
- Big Ideas to Make the Most of Small Business Saturday, www.verticalresponse.com
- How to Create an Annual Marketing Budget That Doesn’t Go Overboard, authoritylabs.com
- Why Account-Based Marketing Is Right for B2B, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 8 Transformational Marketing Tools to Exploit in 2017, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Building Blocks: Rajesh Menon, CEO at Agencyonnet Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- How IBM Watson Learns and Acts Like a Marketer, www.emarketer.com
- Marketing technologist study reveals digital business transformation, chiefmartec.com
- Building Indexable Progressive Web Apps, webmasters.googleblog.com
- Hike Founder: ‘Apps Will Be Dead in 5 Years’, contently.com
- Mobile – The New Life Navigator, thedma.org
- Protecting users from repeatedly dangerous sites, security.googleblog.com
- 5 Engagement Winning Tips for Nonprofits on Facebook, www.newswhip.com
- 7 Ideas To Power Up Your Social Strategy With Special Events, www.jeffbullas.com
- Facebook Launches Flash, a Snapchat Competitor for Emerging Markets, www.adweek.com
- How Pinterest reached 150 million monthly users (hint: it involves machine learning), venturebeat.com
- LinkedIn Sponsored InMail Is Now Available to All Marketers through LinkedIn Campaign Manager, LinkedIn
- Most US Social Media Users Turn to Facebook to Discuss TV, www.emarketer.com
- The key to retail on social media is not yet revealed, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Twitter traffic doubled, Facebook up by 30% on Election Night, techcrunch.com
- What Instagram’s shopping update means for influencers, digiday.com
- How Nat Geo and other publishers repurpose video for multiple platforms, digiday.com
- Publishers adopt Facebook Live, but struggle with monetization and discovery, digiday.com
- Three Ways Social Influencers Can Start Using Video, www.adweek.com