Marketing Day: Pinterest Explore tab, Google fights fake news & Twitter’s new anti-harassment tools
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Pinterest queues up autoplay video ads for new Explore tab
Nov 15, 2016 by Tim Peterson
American Express, The Home Depot, Macy’s and Sony Pictures are among the first brands to test Pinterest’s autoplay video ads.
- Google’s advanced verification test in San Diego just dropped over 89% of listings from the 3-pack
Nov 15, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist and local search expert Joy Hawkins shows the results of a recent Google My Business advanced verification test and explores the new home services local pack.
- Google posts its new policy against fake news & ‘misrepresentative’ sites
Nov 15, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
AdSense publishers will no longer be allowed to place ad units on misleading content.
- 70% of consumers will leave a review for a business when asked
Nov 15, 2016 by Sherry Bonelli
Want to get inside the minds of potential customers for your local business? Columnist Sherry Bonelli shares insights from BrightLocal’s annual Local Consumer Review Survey.
- A six-pack of predictions for martech
Nov 15, 2016 by Lewis Gersh
As a turbulent 2016 creeps closer to an end, columnist Lewis Gersh dusts off his crystal ball to see what the coming year holds in martech.
- WeatherBug bought by xAd to enable location-based predictive marketing
Nov 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
WeatherBug brings 20 million new users that the company will see several times a day.
- Oracle unveils data and content updates for its Marketing Cloud
Nov 15, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new tools: the Content Portal, Program Canvas, and Responsive Content Editor.
- Selling your agency, a how-to guide, Part 4: Making the deal happen
Nov 15, 2016 by David Rodnitzky
In Part 4 of a series, columnist David Rodnitzky walks you through non-financial deal terms and offers tips on choosing the right acquirer and working with lawyers.
- Twitter adds keyword, hashtag, emoji blocking to curb abusive tweets
Nov 15, 2016 by Tim Peterson
People will be able to block tweets containing certain keywords, hashtags, phrases and emojis from appearing in their notifications tab.
- 7 omnichannel marketing tips to attract holiday shoppers
Nov 15, 2016 by Jim Yu
With holiday retail spending ramping up, columnist Jim Yu shares seven ways to create integrated shopping experiences that engage customers.
- Report: Apple working on augmented reality glasses for potential 2018 release
Nov 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Apple CEO Tim Cook believes augmented reality has greater market potential than virtual reality.
- Newly updated – Marketing Land’s “Content Marketing Tools: A Marketer’s Guide”
Nov 14, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Managing the volume of marketing content that needs to be created, distributed, analyzed and managed has become complicated, time-consuming and costly for many organizations. A crowded field of content marketing tools has emerged to help brand marketers automate their content marketing strategies and tactics.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 Steps to Master Your Social Media Analytics, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 3 Ways to Help Your CMO Generate More Systematic Insights, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Conduct Your Annual Blogging Review, www.problogger.net
- Google commits to massive new London HQ, www.theguardian.com
- 10 Digital Trends to Inspire Your 2017 B2B Content Marketing Strategy, www.komarketingassociates.com
- 9 Questions Every Content Marketing Job Candidate Should Ask, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Publish Content in the Right Place at the Right Time, www.copypress.com
- Is Your Website Content Focused Yet?, www.copypress.com
- Struggling to Write for Technical Experts? Try These 3 Powerful Content Marketing Practices, www.copyblogger.com
- The Viral Power of Storytelling in Content Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- Trust Economy: Summaries to 4 Content Marketing Studies, www.swordandthescript.com
- How Physical Retailers Can Improve Conversion Rates on Black Friday, streetfightmag.com
- Introducing Unbounce Convertables: Get More Conversions from Every Page on Your Website, unbounce.com
- The Beginner’s Guide to SaaS Conversion Optimization, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How Understanding UX Benefits Digital Businesses, usabilitygeek.com
- True Lies Of Optimistic User Interfaces, www.smashingmagazine.com
- .food goes live, and it’s a closed generic, domainincite.com
- .Shop enters dangerous territory with SSL freebie, domainnamewire.com
- Who are the five new ICANN directors?, domainincite.com
- 25 E-commerce Experts Share Their Best Tips for Driving Repeat Sales Online, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 3 Black Friday tips to improve your #GivingTuesday, myemma.com
- 4 Ways E-Retailers Can Stand Out This Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- Amazon files its first-ever lawsuits against alleged sellers of counterfeit goods, www.geekwire.com
- E-commerce accelerates in October, the runup to the key holiday season, www.internetretailer.com
- Election, Ecommerce Impact Holiday Shopping Predictions for 2016, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Add Value This Holiday Season Without Offering a Discount, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Avoid Getting “Amazoned” This Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- Jet’s New Holiday Calculator Tells You How Much To Spend On Friends And Family, www.fastcocreate.com
- Sell More This Holiday Season: A Note to eCommerce Marketers, simplymeasured.com
- Will Virtual Assistants Assist Consumers This Holiday Season?, www.emarketer.com
- Four Email Subject Lines That Make Everyone Hate You, www.fastcompany.com
- How to get more people to sign up, and keep them subscribed to your list long term, www.chrisg.com
- Making Your Holiday Marketing Plan, Checking it Twice, blog.mailchimp.com
- Marketers Say Personalization is the Most Critical Element to Email Marketing Success; Subscriber Data Quality is the Most Significant Barrier, returnpath.com
- Supercharge Your Email Marketing With Phone Calls, www.marketingprofs.com
- Which vertical sector is the king of the hill for email marketing?, econsultancy.com
General Internet Marketing
- 1 in 4 Micro Businesses Are Missing Big Marketing Opportunities, www.cmswire.com
- 5 ways to market more effectively by predicting customer behavior, www.internetretailer.com
- Are Facebook and Google really taking all the digital ad growth?, digiday.com
- Do marketers really need chief media officers?, digiday.com
- How Do Businesses Prioritize Their Digital Transformation Efforts?, www.emarketer.com
- This Is Why Influencer Marketing Will Dominate 2017, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Verto Analytics Launches Verto Retention Reports for Calculating the Value of Mobile App Users, www.prnewswire.com
- Chat Overtakes Phone as Top Customer Service Channel, www.247-inc.com
- Extole’s Advocate Marketing Application Now Live on the Salesforce AppExchange, the World’s Leading Enterprise App Marketplace, www.businesswire.com
- Micro Business Marketing Mix Report from Vistaprint Digital, www.vistaprint.com
- Tapad Device Graph Now Accessible Through LiveRamp’s Ecosystem of More Than 400 Partners, www.prnewswire.com
- Gartner shares latest data on enterprise marketing tech spend, chiefmartec.com
- Is Ad Tech Good For Your Health?, adexchanger.com
- Smarter Marketing With a Data-Driven Technology Stack, www.adweek.com
- Apple’s big App Store purge is now underway, TechCrunch
- How to make the messaging trend work for your business, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to Setup AMP in WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- Q3 2016 mobile site performance analysis, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Skype Now Lets Users Chat Without Signing Up for Accounts, www.adweek.com
- 10 Inventive Ways to Get Instagram Comments, blog.tailwindapp.com
- 3 Social Media Marketing Mistakes You Might Be Making, blog.marketo.com
- 3 Ways to Acquire Customers on Social Media, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 5 Interesting Insights from Buffer’s The State of Social 2016 Report, www.toprankblog.com
- 5 Keys to Being Successful on Instagram, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Ways to Persuade Via Social Media, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 Visual Tools to Improve Your Social Media Content, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- An easier way to manage interactions across Facebook, Instagram and Messenger, www.facebook.com
- Dark Social – The Marketer’s Guide, www.portent.com
- Dominate Your Competitors This Holiday Season With An Unforgettable Social Media Campaign, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Facebook Tests Streamlined Status Update Composer for Pages, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Users May Soon See Multiple Products Featured in a Single News Feed Ad, www.adweek.com
- Finding the Best Facebook Ad Placements for Your Goals, metrictheory.com
- Holiday Marketing Campaigns: ‘Tis the Season for Pinterest, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Know if Your Social Media is Working: Analyzing and Maximizing Impact, blog.bufferapp.com
- How to Master Your Facebook Content Before 2016’s Over, www.newswhip.com
- Snapchat Signs Data Deal With Foursquare for Better Targeted Geofilters, www.adweek.com
- Twitter Snags Amex and JBL Harman as First Advertisers for Live Original Sports Shows, www.adweek.com
- What Is Musical.ly? A Quick Resource Guide For Marketers, mediakix.com
- Austin Custom Home Builder Uses YouTube To Grow A Successful Business, www.webinknow.com
- Top Mobile Video Advertising Categories in Q3 2016, www.positivemobile.com
- WhatsApp to Launch Video Calling, www.adweek.com
- YouTube Retains Starring Role in Google’s Portfolio, tubularinsights.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.