Marketing Day: Periscope Producer, Pinterest’s 150M users & new AdSense interface
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Is the Verizon-Yahoo deal going south?
Oct 13, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Verizon reportedly considering whether to declare massive Yahoo data breach “material,” which could kill the acquisition.
- LiveRamp extends its multi-channel identity resolution service to its clients
Oct 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
The Acxiom-owned data onboarder is launching IdentityLink so that client companies can target individuals both offline and online.
- Twitter’s Periscope wants to air more TV-style broadcasts
Oct 13, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Periscope Producer will let certain broadcasters air live streams produced with expensive equipment, multiple camera angles and fancy graphics.
- Pinterest’s monthly user base hits 150 million people, up 50% from last year
Oct 13, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest’s audience base is growing and diversifying, but it still has a ways to go to catch up to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter.
- Google unveils new look for AdSense interface
Oct 13, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
AdSense gets the Material Design treatment.
- Social CMO to social CMI: the insight-driven evolution in the enterprise
Oct 13, 2016 by Will McInnes
Social data’s not just for marketing anymore, argues contributor Will McInnes. The insights derived from it can be applied to customer service, product development and all across the enterprise.
- Tracking the confusing reality of the cross-social experience
Oct 13, 2016 by Blaise Lucey
As users move across different channels, how do you keep track of the customer experience? Columnist Blaise Lucey explains how to create a cross-channel metric that can travel with the customer.
- Facebook will rank Audience Network publishers’ ad slots, price them accordingly
Oct 13, 2016 by Tim Peterson
To create parity with News Feed ads, Facebook will appraise Audience Network publishers’ ad placements based on what people do after they click on them.
- 10 tips for retailers’ Q4 social advertising
Oct 13, 2016 by Brad O’Brien
With the holidays around the corner, it’s a crucial time for retailers to get their paid social strategies in place. Columnist Brad O’Brien outlines 10 tips for achieving a highly successful quarter.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #31: A Conversation with Google’s Gary Illyes (Part 2)
Oct 13, 2016 by Matt McGee
We continue our conversation with Google’s Gary Illyes, who previews a few things Google is focused on for the future, tells us his favorite ranking signals, and discusses RankBrain, directory links and more.
- Buyer’s Guide: Find the right social media management software for your business
Oct 12, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
With hundreds or even thousands of social media accounts to manage and millions of social conversations to monitor, social media marketing has become increasingly complicated and time-consuming. Automating social media marketing with an ESMMS platform can improve efficiency, compliance and productivity. If you are considering a social media management software platform, this guide will help […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Yahoo is using display ads to drive search traffic for competitive terms
- Google launches new AMP testing tool
- Within months, Google to divide its index, giving mobile users better & fresher content
- Google’s latest voter search tool serves up ballot information & polling places
- Are there PPC monsters lurking inside your paid search account?
- What Google’s recent RLSA updates mean for advertisers
- Google Search Console removes sitelinks demotion feature
- Google says Penguin 4.0 rollout now complete
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 20+ Badass Blogging Tools to Avoid Writing Embarrassment, www.jeffbullas.com
- What Makes a Great Influencer Post?, www.adweek.com
- Facebook is hiring to ramp up its counterterrorism strategy, qz.com
- Google gets another extension to reply to EU antitrust Shopping charge, techcrunch.com
- Marissa Mayer’s days at Yahoo appear to be numbered, nypost.com
- Snapchat reportedly hires Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs to lead IPO, venturebeat.com
- Will Twitter’s 25% stock drop lure potential buyers back in?, venturebeat.com
- How to Get More (and Better) Content From Your Subject Matter Experts, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Optimize Your Content Marketing Strategy and Start Getting Measurable Results, 97thfloor.com
- In(credible): Uncovering Useful Data for Your Next Content Piece, www.distilled.net
- Virtual reality: Content marketing’s next big trend, econsultancy.com
- Why Shameless Content Marketing Is the Only Marketing That Works, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 4 B2B Marketing Strategies for Lead Generation, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Five Easy Steps to Increase Mobile Conversions, www.goinflow.com
- Highlights (And Recordings) from CRO Day 2016, unbounce.com
- What Do A/B Testing & Presidential Polling Have in Common?, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Steps to Scaling eCommerce Product Copywriting, www.goinflow.com
- Copywriting Rules To Live By, www.copypress.com
- The Easiest Way to Reset Your WordPress Website, www.wpexplorer.com
- Your Users Are Frustrated – Here’s a Way to Fix That and Make More Money, conversionxl.com
- Economic Study on New gTLD Program’s Competitive Effects: Phase II Results Available for Public Comment, www.icann.org
- Facebook Acquires GameRoom.com Domain Name, dotweekly.com
- 66% of global online consumers now shop across borders, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Alibaba aims to better integrate e-commerce with traditional retail in China, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon to boost holiday season hiring by 20% to 120,000 temporary workers, venturebeat.com
- Cross-Border Ecommerce Prevalent Among Global Consumers, multichannelmerchant.com
- For luxury brands like Louis Vuitton (LVMHF), Amazon is a little too inclusive, qz.com
- Getting Amazon Reviews Using Follow-Up Emails, www.marketingwords.com
- How to Get Your Ecommerce Site Halloween Ready, multichannelmerchant.com
- Jet.com uses Facebook ads to get app browsers to buy, www.internetretailer.com
- Tips to Creating an Online Gift Guide That Delivers the Goods, www.verticalresponse.com
- How to Increase Revenue and Engagement with Email Personalization, movableink.com
- Ten ways to freshen-up your email marketing, econsultancy.com
- The best holiday email marketing: Email design, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- Four key trends within the world of influencer marketing, econsultancy.com
- Four Rules to Successfully Scale Influencer Campaigns, adage.com
- Influencer Marketing Isn’t Broken, You’re Just Doing It Wrong, www.marketingprofs.com
- Want to Understand Influencer Marketing? Become an Influencer Yourself!, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- What marketers need to know about the FCC’s proposed new consumer privacy rules, digiday.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Acquia Adds Powerful New User Experience and Personalization Capabilities, www.marketwired.com
- Airlines and Travel Businesses Can Get on Board with SAP® Hybris® Solutions, Business Wire
- 100+ Digital Marketing Tools, www.toprankblog.com
- Get More From Your Marketing: 5 Ways to Integrate Your Marketing Stack, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Interview with Scott Brinker, Program Chair for MarTech Conference, www.martechadvisor.com
- Marketing technology utilization takes a major swing upward, chiefmartec.com
- 6 ways to engage mobile Halloween shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- Google Is Rolling Out New Technology for Publishers to Count Mobile Viewability, www.adweek.com
- LinkedIn App Adds Feed Controls, Save, Enhanced Search, www.adweek.com
- Tips for app store optimization, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Twitter Tests Swapping Explore for Moments in iOS, Android Apps, www.adweek.com
- FTC Charges Tech Support Companies With Using Deceptive Pop-Up Ads to Scare Consumers Into Purchasing Unneeded Services, www.ftc.gov
- Turn that frown upside down, with suggested rotations and more, blog.google
- 4 Ways B2B Can Use Snapchat and Instagram, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Beijing said Facebook and Google are welcome back to China as long as they “respect China’s laws”, qz.com
- Eight Mistakes You’re Making on Facebook’s News Feed and How to Fix Them, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook lets you AirPlay or Google Cast web and mobile videos to your TV, techcrunch.com
- How Influential Is Social Media in the UK?, www.emarketer.com
- How to Crush It on the Top 4 Social Media Platforms, smallbiztrends.com
- What happens when you’re blacklisted from Pinterest?, medium.com
- Your Facebook Workplace is about to be taken over by bots, venturebeat.com
- BuzzFeed Will Team Up With Twitter On Election Night, www.huffingtonpost.com
- The future of mobile video is looking up, venturebeat.com
- Why YouTube Stars Are More Influential in Australia Than Traditional Celebrities, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.