Marketing Day: From the Editor’s Desk, paid search trends & Olapic acquires Piqora
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- From the Editor’s Desk: Why we dropped comments from Marketing Land & Search Engine Land
Mar 25, 2016 by Matt McGee
In the first installment of a new column, Editor-In-Chief Matt McGee talks about the decision to drop comments from our two websites.
- Dear SEOs: Please stop spamming Google Maps!
Mar 25, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist Joy Hawkins gives a lesson in what NOT to do when optimizing Google My Business profiles, based on her experiences cleaning up spammy listings.
- The ultimate multi-channel social strategy survival guide
Mar 25, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Based on data collected from millions of posts across channels like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, this comprehensive guide from Union Metrics will go over everything you need to know to create a multi-channel social strategy from scratch, or to polish your existing strategy to perfection.
- 3 upcoming trends in paid search
Mar 25, 2016 by Mona Elesseily
What’s on the horizon for paid search? Columnist Mona Elesseily shares her predictions based on current trends in the search marketing world.
- The state of cross-channel paid search, part 3: SEM & display
Mar 25, 2016 by Josh Dreller
In the third installment of his series on cross-channel digital marketing, columnist Josh Dreller explains how search and display can work together to inform one another and drive results.
- Olapic acquires Piqora to boost its visual marketing platform
Mar 25, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Olapic acquires Piqora, giving marketers deeper insights and greater value of their visual content among sites like Pinterest and Instagram.
- Beyond clicks: Keys to online-to-offline tracking and attribution discussed at SMX West
Mar 25, 2016 by Mark Traphagen
How do you successfully track how your online campaigns are influencing consumers’ offline activities? Columnist Mark Traphagen recaps a session at SMX West that explored the answer to this question and more.
- Report: Google working on its own version of Amazon Echo
Mar 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
If the device is released, one question is how it would handle search results and whether it would include ads.
- German mobile marketer Glispa announces purchase and launch of Ampiri ad mediation platform
Mar 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
Berlin-based global firm now offers ads from other networks to its clients, with targeted segmentation available through its Audience Platform.
- The 5 KPIs that define a successful social CMO
Mar 25, 2016 by Will McInnes
How do you know if your social data efforts are making an impact on your business? Columnist Will McInnes outlines some key performance indicators that will help you know if you’re making a difference.
- Beyond last-click attribution: Other success metrics you should be tracking
Mar 25, 2016 by Kristie Colby
Conversions are an important success metric, but they don’t tell the whole story. Columnist Kristie Colby discusses the importance of taking the whole customer journey into account.
- New report: Almost all bad bots are highly sophisticated and hard to detect
Mar 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
According to anti-bot service Distil Networks, 88 percent of all malicious bots are now “advanced persistent bots.”
- 3 ways to harness the ROI of customer reviews
Mar 25, 2016 by Jordan Garner
Columnist Jordan Garner discusses the power of reviews and other user-generated content in fostering transparent two-way relationships between brands and customers.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Contradicting other data, Compete says search traffic growing on the desktop
- AdWords now applies recommended bids to new DSA categories automatically
- 3 practical local link-building ideas that will cure your Penguinitis
- Search in Pics: Google hammocks, “Star Wars” wall stickers & Matt Cutts playing with pandas
- Leveraging social media for local SEO
- Optimize local marketing the same way big companies do
- French privacy regulator fines Google for not removing RTBF links outside of Europe
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Big Data + Analytics + Business Operations = Magic, www.cmswire.com
- Cool Analytics News from Microsoft, Salesforce & Tableau, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Qualified Blog Post Ideas: No Imagination Needed, heidicohen.com
- Apple’s Dedicated Ad Agency Makes Several Key Senior Hires, www.adweek.com
- Ev Williams Talks About Medium’s Future, adage.com
- Microsoft Tells Possible Yahoo Buyers It Would Consider Backing Bids, recode.net
- 10 Tips to Pack More Personality into Your Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Create, Organize, and Manage Your Content, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Tips for Choosing Images That’ll Make Your Content Engagement Skyrocket, contently.com
- 5 Steps to Building a Cart Recovery Email Strategy That Will Increase Conversions, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 7 Strategies to Boost your Site Speed!, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Copywriting For Social Media Ads: It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to Conduct Icon Usability Testing (and Do Icons Even Improve Usability?), conversionxl.com
- Privacy Guidelines For Designing Personalization, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Amazon registers a bunch of .com domains for its new top level domains, domainnamewire.com
- eBay hires Fab.com co-founder Bradford Shellhammer, www.internetretailer.com
- How to Create Urgency to Fuel eCommerce Sales, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Retailers Need to See Omnichannel as a Singular Effort, multichannelmerchant.com
- Three ways to optimize for Amazon’s pricing strategy, www.econsultancy.com
- What’s the secret to marketing to teens? Like, send emails already, www.internetretailer.com
General Internet Marketing
- As Technology Defeats Ad Blocking, Online Ads Evolve, adage.com
- The Best Way to Present Marketing Results to Your CEO, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- HookLogic Recognized in Report of 20 Start-Ups All Retail eBusiness Executives Should Know in 2016, www.businesswire.com
- Performics Strengthens Performance Marketing Position With Expanded U.S. Leadership Roles, www.prnewswire.com
- 10 Basic App Marketing Terms for Mobile Beginners, www.tune.com
- Are We on the Brink of a Post-App Era?, www.adweek.com
- Google starts the Android Experiments I/O Challenge to attract more open-source projects, venturebeat.com
- Macy’s Talks Shop On Its Location Data Strategy, adexchanger.com
- Publishers See Rising Premium On Mobile Advertising, adexchanger.com
- Snapchat briefly snags the number one spot on U.S. App Store for the first time, techcrunch.com
- The Future of Mobile Engagement Is All About Social, www.adweek.com
- The Most Popular Messaging Apps With Young Consumers, www.marketingprofs.com
- A guide to event targeting on Twitter, www.Twitter.com
- Facebook Ads Strategy: How Marketers Need to Alter Their Techniques, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook is building a way to let Pages offer temporary profile pics, www.theverge.com
- How Is Gen Z Using Social Media?, www.adweek.com
- Inside Brit + Co.’s new Snapchat Discover partnership to brand the holidays, digiday.com
- Snapchat Buys Bitmoji App for More Than $100 Million, www.wsj.com
- Snapchat Re-Ups With DIY-Minded Startup for More Holiday Content, www.adweek.com
- Targeting Instagram Affinity Audiences From Facebook, www.aimclearblog.com
- What publishers want Snapchat to fix about Discover, digiday.com
- What’s New on Facebook for Business this Month, www.facebook.com
- 6 Oculus Rift experiences primed to change the way we think about VR, venturebeat.com
- A YouTube Certified Team is Key to Audience Growth, www.reelseo.com
- Five Video Personalization Secrets to Drive Customer Connection, thedma.org
- How Live Streaming Video Events Can Benefit Retailers, www.emarketer.com
- If they build it, who will come? An anatomy of the VR hype bubble, digiday.com
- The Real Reason Why The Live Streams For Events Like March Madness Are So Glitchy, www.fastcompany.com
- TV-quality live videos are coming to Facebook, digiday.com