Marketing Day: Optimizing for Google’s mobile-first index, Facebook overhauls metrics & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 5 steps to optimizing your site for Google’s mobile-first index
Nov 16, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
Now that Google is officially testing a mobile-first index, columnist Ryan Shelley believes it’s well past time to get aboard the mobile-friendly train. Here, he provides some tips to get you started.
- ID graphs: The path to identity resolution
Nov 16, 2016 by Mike Sands
If you’re not familiar with what an identity graph is, it’s time to bone up on the term and add it to your arsenal. Columnist Mike Sands walks you through the ins and outs of ID graphs.
- How user-generated content and customer feedback can strengthen your value proposition
Nov 16, 2016 by Jim Williams
Contributor Jim Williams says it’s time to really listen to your customers’ words and understand the experience they expect you to deliver.
- Registration for MarTech San Francisco is open!
Nov 16, 2016 by Scott Brinker
MarTech San Francisco is back and better than before, with twice the number of sessions, speakers and exhibitors! With 2017 promising to deliver even more change and innovation, you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity to learn first hand how digital business pioneers have navigated their own digital transformation.
- Why link outreach teams have the most difficult job in the agency
Nov 16, 2016 by Ian Bowden
Good outreach is crucial to link building, but it’s not easy. Columnist Ian Bowden explains why it’s a tough, yet essential, element of a strong SEO campaign.
- Proximity and beacon data now making its way into DSPs for retargeting
Nov 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Unacast and Juice Mobile deal a leading indicator of where market is going.
- The resurgence of brand marketing in a demand generation world
Nov 16, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Demand marketing is big in the B2B world right now, but columnist Scott Vaughan believes brand marketing must be core to your marketing effort and suggests a “brand plus demand” approach.
- What’s happening with the cinemagraph?
Nov 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
We checked up on whether this photo+video format is catching on.
- Startup Wizer releases AI-based marketing survey platform
Nov 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
By answering the platform’s questions, a marketer automatically generates an online questionnaire and receives results within 48 hours.
- A different view on viewability
Nov 16, 2016 by Rob Rasko
Columnist Rob Rasko discusses the challenges of viewability as a metric and explains why it may not be the way forward for the industry.
- In major measurement update, Facebook overhauls metrics, makes corrections, adds viewability
Nov 16, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Facebook is also adding more third-party verification and forming a Measurement Council to stay in step with evolving products and metrics.
- Are you getting attribution wrong?
Nov 15, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Nothing is more top-of-mind for marketers than attribution. It’s a complex topic, and there are lots of questions. This guide from AdRoll examines the history of attribution models and dives deep into platform data, third-party research and advertiser survey data.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Track Social Media Metrics on Four Social Networks, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Marketers Second-Guess Their Analytics Processes, www.emarketer.com
- New advertising success metrics will change agency compensation model, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Best WordPress Plugins to Improve Your Blog Pages, www.wpexplorer.com
- HubSpot Announces LinkedIn, Facebook Partnerships and Free Marketing Automation Edition, www.martechadvisor.com
- Marc Benioff says companies buy each other for the data, and the government isn’t doing anything about it, www.recode.net
- Snapchat files for one of the biggest tech IPOs in years, Reuters
- 4 Ways to Elevate Your Marketing with Great Content, blog.marketo.com
- Content Marketing Creativity: Exercises to Inspire Your Team, www.toprankblog.com
- Content Marketing: What to Expect in 2017 and Beyond, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- The Definitive List of Content Promotion Techniques, blog.crazyegg.com
- Top 4 Things You Should Know on Your Journey to Content Marketing Success, www.marketingprofs.com
- With Maturity Comes Results for Australian Content Marketers, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Create a Conversion-Focused Tone of Voice, conversionxl.com
- Why we are Evolving into a Conversion Optimization Platform, vwo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Migrate Your Site to HTTPS, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Fix five UX issues for festive holiday sales, www.internetretailer.com
- Shapes in design: The torus is the design world’s next trendy shape, qz.com
- It’s the end of domain search as we know it (and I feel fine), domainnamewire.com
- 3 Strategies to Better Serve Millennial Shoppers, multichannelmerchant.com
- 4 Things to Check for Holiday Ecommerce Traffic, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 6 Ways to Spread E-commerce Cheer this Holiday, www.merkleinc.com
- 8 Tips for E-Commerce Holiday Marketing Success, www.searchenginejournal.com
- EBay overhauls mobile shopping apps in sync with holidays, www.retaildive.com
- Get Found on Small Business Saturday and Beyond, www.verticalresponse.com
- How to Select an Enterprise Commerce Platform – 4 Questions to Ask, www.getelastic.com
- Beyond Email: How to Automatically Nurture Customers with Different Channels, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Create a Healthcare Email Marketing Strategy, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Why email marketers should start thinking beyond the inbox, myemma.com
- Your Last-Minute Holiday Email Checklist, movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Reasons Brands Fail with Influencer Marketing (And How to Avoid Their Mistakes), www.martechadvisor.com
- Confessions of an ABM Skeptic, www.cmswire.com
- Low growth predicted for digital agency revenues in 2017: Report, econsultancy.com
- Xerox CMO: B2B Marketing Is Becoming More Persona-Driven, adexchanger.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- CloudCraze Releases Winter ’17 Edition to Cap Off a Year of Innovation, www.globenewswire.com
- Companies Globally Adopt Act-On Account-Based Marketing Automation to Orchestrate Multi-Channel Engagements at Scale, press.act-on.com
- Three in Four Consumers Link Social Video Viewing to Purchasing Decisions, www.brightcove.com
- Evergage Guardian Tracks the Pulse of Businesses with Automated Monitoring – Delivering Clear Recommendations for Marketers, www.evergage.com
- IAB Releases OpenRTB 2.5 with Feature Updates for Current Programmatic Technology, www.iab.com
- Madison Logic Ranked Number 351 Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500(TM), www.marketwired.com
- mCordis and Waterfall Form The Connected Marketer Institute Cross-Channel Messaging Council, www.24-7pressrelease.com
- MPP Global Integrates eSuite into Microsoft Azure, www.mppglobal.com
- SDL Marketing Solutions Enable Brands to Manage Global Customer Content, www.sdl.com
- Ad Tech Players Agree to Comply With Anti-Malware Measures, adage.com
- Bringing Adtech In-House: Success or Stress for Brand Marketers?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Customized Ad Tech Can Give Brands A Competitive Edge, adexchanger.com
- Hearst Wants To Narrow The Tech Gap Between Buyers And Sellers, adexchanger.com
- The 20 Best New Social Media Tools to Try in 2017 (And How to Use Them), blog.bufferapp.com
- 7 Must-Have Enhancements For Your Local Landing Pages, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Holiday Shoppers Are Mobile, Online and In-Store (Report), www.adweek.com
- Introducing a smarter and more beautiful Google Play Newsstand , https://blog.google
- Mobile Will Be Used More Among Shoppers This Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- Google Photos Now Offers Improved Auto Enhance, “Looks,” More, www.adweek.com
- How to Make Your Brand Stick From an Expert Strategist, www.martechadvisor.com
- Protect your reputation – and get better deliverability with DMARC, www.reachmail.net
- 4 Tips to Start Your Black Friday Social Media Strategy, www.searchinfluence.com
- 5 Ways Your Social Media Posts Improve Your SEO, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Accelerating to Success: The Auto Industry on Instagram, blog.business.instagram.com
- Facebook, False Equivalence and the Darker Side of Social Media Revealed, screenwerk.com
- Here’s How Facebook Actually Won Trump the Presidency, Wired
- How to find influencers on Twitter, www.razorsocial.com
- How to Get a Huge Traffic Boost From Pinterest, blog.tailwindapp.com
- What Happens When SMBs Get Social?, streetfightmag.com
- What Is the Difference Between Dark Social and Dark Posts?, simplymeasured.com
- 3 Quick & Easy Ways to Make Your Videos More Search Engine Friendly, tubularinsights.com
- EA’s new rule for Twitch and YouTube streamers: You must disclose sponsorships, venturebeat.com
- Inside 5 publishers’ efforts to monetize virtual reality, digiday.com
- Periscope Now Lets You Share Specific Broadcast Moments on the Web, www.adweek.com
- Video Storytelling Marketing Will Go Viral in 2017, smallbiztrends.com
- Wise Data Media Launches Wise Content, A Text-To-Video Technology That Transforms Story Telling Capabilities, www.martechadvisor.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech