Marketing Day: New Snapchat ad metrics, Facebook Custom Audiences & Quora ads
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: 5 tools, tips and hacks to maximize your SEO output Aug 1, 2017 by Brian Patterson Columnist Brian Patterson believes that SEO success depends not only on your knowledge and skills, but […]
Amy Gesenhues on August 1, 2017 at 4:10 pm | Reading time: 4 minutes
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 5 tools, tips and hacks to maximize your SEO output
Aug 1, 2017 by Brian Patterson
Columnist Brian Patterson believes that SEO success depends not only on your knowledge and skills, but on your ability to work efficiently. Check out his five suggestions for increasing SEO productivity.
- If your GMB page updates & no one knows, does it make a sound?
Aug 1, 2017 by Andrew Shotland
If you work in the local SEO space, you may have noticed that Google sometimes makes unwanted updates to your Google My Business listings. Columnist Andrew Shotland dives into the issue.
- A way to think about modern CRM
Aug 1, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
What should you be expecting from your customer relationship management programs these days? Contributor Jose Cebrian explains how CRM has changed and how it hasn’t.
- Snapchat will let brands measure its ads’ impact on sales, results against rivals
Aug 1, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat is giving brands an apples-to-apples look at its ads’ bottom-line performance just before marketers map out their 2018 media budgets.
- Facebook will let brands target ads to people who RSVPed to their Pages’ events
Aug 1, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Advertisers will be able to create Custom Audiences of people who responded to an individual event created by a brand’s Facebook Page or all events.
- Search marketers plan to attend SMX East to become martech trailblazers
Aug 1, 2017 by Marketing Land
We get it. Marketing is now a software-powered discipline that blends the art of creative and science of data. New technologies are deeply interwoven into marketing operations and strategy. Effectively harnessing them demands new capabilities, talent and management.
- UberMedia buys Cintric to blend first and third party data for ‘always-on’ location
Aug 1, 2017 by Greg Sterling
CMO Michael Hayes explains RTB and first party location data are complementary, offering a more complete picture of users’ real-world behavior.
- 7 Quora ads mistakes and how to avoid them
Aug 1, 2017 by JD Prater
No need to reinvent the wheel. Learn how contributor JD Prater got things wrong with Quora ads so you can avoid these errors, as he shares his learnings from participating in the beta.
- Zeta follows Boomtrain acquisition with AppNexus integration
Aug 1, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new alliance will result in AppNexus’ ad management platform becoming a ‘native application’ in Zeta.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Apple doubles down on China as rivals pull ahead, Reuters
- Facebook Is Working on a Video Chat Device, Bloomberg
- Shopify beats estimates as revenue jumps 75 per cent, The Globe and Mail
- Fix Your Mediocre Marketing with Content Intelligence, Convince and Convert
- The Ultimate Guide to Content Marketing Channels: Online Communities, CMS Wire
- Using Brand Activism in Your Content Marketing Strategy, CopyPressed
- 3 things retailers can do to compete with Amazon, Retail Dive
- How Retailers Should Prepare for the Holidays & What Social Media to Use, MarketingProfs
- Pitney Bowes Announces Payment Solutions for Ecommerce Clients, Multichannel Merchant
- 89 Percent of Millennial Customers STILL Prefer Email, Small Biz Trends
General Internet Marketing
- Six essential aspects of successful digital marketing, MarTech Advisor
- The Power of Scarcity in Marketing and Advertising, Flyte New Media
- The Ultimate Small Business Guide to Digital Marketing ROI, Digital Examiner
Internet Marketing Industry
- Mediavine Publisher Network Confirmed as Google Certified Publishing Partner, PR Newswire
- SourceKnowledge Expands North American Footprint with Office Openings in Los Angeles and Toronto, SourceKnowledge
- Wpromote Acquires DemandWave, Bolsters West Coast Presence, Business Wire
- 3 Ways Automation Tools Are Increasing Marketing Productivity, Social Media Explorer
- Mapp Digital Aims To Take On Marketing Clouds With The Old Teradata Stack, AdExchanger
- Copywriting for mobile, Yoast
- Study: Rewarded ads 4.5x more likely to lead to in-app purchases, Retail Dive
- The Next Mobile Generation: Growing Your Business in Emerging Markets, Facebook Business
- 3 Instagram Policies Marketers Often Overlook, Social Media Examiner
- Everything You Want To Know About The Facebook News Feed, Search Engine People
- The 6 Most Popular Types Of Instagram Influencers To Know, MediaKix
- Getting Started with a Video Strategy, Marketo
- The State of Social Media Video in Marketing: Benchmarks & Trends, MarketingProfs
- Updates on Video Re-Shares, Facebook Media
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.