Marketing Day: New Moz Content Tool, An E-Commerce Conversion Report & Snapchat’s Story Explorer
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Announces New Advertising Support For AMP Pages
Nov 24, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
Fast-loading pages may also mean fast-loading ads, with advertising platform support for AMP that’s been announced.
- Marketing Analytics Firm Moz Adds A New Content Tool
Nov 24, 2015 by Barry Levine
The offering provides Content Audit and Content Search to rate the content engagement of your site or competitors’.
- Volvo Owners In Sweden Can Get Holiday Shopping Delivered To Their Cars
Nov 24, 2015 by Pamela Parker
In a move apparently designed to establish the brand’s tech credentials, Volvo is touting a just-launched service it says will help take the hassle out of Christmas shopping.
- Google Drops Display Of Local Business Reviews in New Google+
Nov 24, 2015 by Martin Beck
Some are questioning whether small local businesses need a Google+ page after redesign drops display of listing information.
- Even If A Brand Can’t Do SEO, It Can Still Do Local SEO
Nov 24, 2015 by Andrew Shotland
Having trouble getting traction for your SEO campaign due to bureaucratic red tape? Columnist Andrew Shotland suggests that you consider thinking local.
- Our SERP Sentiment Score For A Person’s/Brand’s Online Reputation
Nov 24, 2015 by Brian Patterson
Having trouble showing progress when it comes to online reputation management (ORM)? Columnist Brian Patterson explains his metric for tracking ORM campaign progress over time.
- SEO For Featured Snippets Leads To Big Gains
Nov 24, 2015 by Ben Goodsell
Columnist Ben Goodsell explains what Google’s featured snippets are and shows how obtaining one can provide a huge boost to organic search KPIs.
- What Bernie Sanders Can (Kind Of) Teach Us About SEO In 2016 & Beyond
Nov 24, 2015 by Tom Demers
Columnist Tom Demers shows how some websites supporting Sanders are gaining organic search visibility — and how these principles can apply to your business.
- E-Commerce Conversion Rate Rose To 71% Higher Than October Average Last Week
Nov 24, 2015 by Pamela Parker
According to aggregated e-commerce data, online shoppers are jumping right in and placing their orders.
- Google Shows Offline Analytics Capabilities With Holiday Store Traffic Data
Nov 24, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Like so many others, Google is putting out holiday shopping data this week. I’m sitting on 40 or more studies and surveys that discuss who’s going to show up (or not show up) in stores this Black Friday weekend.
- New Google Play “Warning”: App May Contain Advertising
Nov 24, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Is “advertising” becoming a dirty word? In the broader climate of complaints about low-quality ads and ad blocking, it’s interesting to see new labeling in Google Play about apps with ads. According to Android Authority, Google Play will start to require developer disclosures about whether apps are supported by advertising.
- Marketing And The Gravitas Issue
Nov 24, 2015 by Rebecca Lieb
Pack away those hoodies and jeans. If you want to move up in marketing circles, you need to project a certain level of legitimacy and gravitas, says columnist Rebecca Lieb.
- Programmatic’s New Tenants: Brand Marketers
Nov 24, 2015 by Melody Gambino
Programmatic isn’t just for performance marketers. Columnist Melody Gambino explains why branding dollars are shifting to programmatic.
- Snapchat Launches Story Explorer, A Swipeable Way To Get Different Visual Perspectives
Nov 24, 2015 by Greg Finn
With a quick swipe up, Snapchat users can now view a different angle on specific stories for a more robust story experience.
- Social Media And The Data Management Platform
Nov 23, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
This white paper from Oracle provides marketers with background knowledge, practical use cases and sample performance of other cutting edge marketers as they explore ways to integrate data into their social marketing mix. Visit Digital Marketing Depot to download your copy.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Local Traffic “Diversion”: Google Claims It’s A Bug, Yelp Says It’s Intentional
- Google Says AMP Will Come To Google Search “Early Next Year”
- Bing Featuring Black Friday Flyer Ads On Some Retailer Brand Terms
- Google Star Wars Easter Egg Delivers Epic Search Results For “A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away”
- Paid Search Spend On “Black Friday” Terms Began Surging A Month Earlier Than Last Year [Study]
- 2016: Manual Link Building & SEO
- Bing Images Launches “Places To Buy” For Holiday Shopping Season
- What To Do When Traffic Doesn’t Equal Sales
- Google Updates AdWords Android App To Include Video Campaigns
- Bing Maps Adds Traffic Cameras To Map
- Who Is Lucy The Australopithecus? Google Logo Marks 1974 Discovery Of Early Human Ancestor Fossils
- Modern Marketing Essential Guide To Social Marketing
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Ways to Uncover Powerful Website Analytics, blog.marketo.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Reasons to Develop a B2B Blogging Strategy, www.komarketingassociates.com
- The Blog is Dead, Long Live Blogging, www.ryanhanley.com
- The One Simple Reason Not to Switch Off Blog Comments, dannybrown.me
- Google Parent to Ask Subsidiaries to Pay for Corporate Services, www.wsj.com
- Yahoo Scorecard: Measuring Marissa Mayer Against Her Words, blogs.wsj.com
- How to Scale Content Marketing Needs, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Use an Iterative Loop to Dominate Your Niche, www.copyblogger.com
- The Dartboard of Content Marketing ROI, contently.com
- How A/B tests improved add-to-basket levels by almost 30%: Case study, econsultancy.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How To Write Product Descriptions That Don’t Suck, blog.crazyegg.com
- No Hard Feelings: The Wait For “Hardboiled Web Design” Is Over, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Optimize Mobile Screen Performance with UX Analytics, www.webanalyticsworld.net
- Bladel romps home in ICANN election re-run, domainincite.com
- How Retailers are Using .BlackFriday Domain Names, www.domaininvesting.com
- Verisign gets patent for evaluating typeability of domain names, domainnamewire.com
- 9 Things to Check for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, www.practicalecommerce.com
- E-retailers blanket the web with early holiday deals, www.internetretailer.com
- Online sales register double-digit growth as Thanksgiving nears, www.internetretailer.com
- Taking a cue from Black Friday, retailers stretch Cyber Monday deals, www.retaildive.com
- The Shopping Carts Are Full, But Holiday Promotions Are A Slippery Slope, adexchanger.com
- The ultimate ecommerce CRO & UX case study, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Android leads across APAC, iOS leads in Australia, www.operamediaworks.com
- The 2015 Q3 AppNexus Platform Index, blog.appnexus.com
- 5 stages of maturity in marketing technology categories, chiefmartec.com
- Breathe New Life Into Your Collaboration Tools, www.cmswire.com
- Black Friday is a Mobile Commerce Holiday, multichannelmerchant.com
- How We Increased Android App Installs By 5% In 6 Weeks, www.ppchero.com
- Report: How Are Smartphones Sweeping Through Europe?, www.adweek.com
- Should SMS be taken more seriously for mobile app engagement?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The 4-Step Code of Conduct for Winning at Online Reviews, www.convinceandconvert.com
- These 3 Tips Will Raise Your Klout Score And Earn You Awesome Perks, www.adweek.com
- 5 tips for holiday success when advertising on Facebook, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook Really Doesn’t Want You to Miss a Post or Notification, www.adweek.com
- How Facebook Keeps Scaling Its Culture, www.fastcompany.com
- How to Assess and Improve Your Social Media Marketing: A Monthly Plan, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- LinkedIn Group Changes: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade coming to you as a Twitter Moment, digiday.com
- Only One Direction for New Twitter Hashflags: Up, www.searchinfluence.com
- The Most Popular Pins on Pinterest and Why, ignitevisibility.com
- The New Rules of Social Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Twitter Metrics Defined – Engagement, simplymeasured.com
- Uber-Targeted Social Media Strategies, www.jeffbullas.com
- What Makes Content Viral?, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Advocacy Groups Lambast Big Brands and YouTube for Junk Food Ads Aimed at Kids, www.adweek.com
- How Are US Presidential Candidates Using Facebook Video?, blog.newswhip.com
- Video Streaming Shakes Up Small-Business Owners, www.emarketer.com